Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Help! Questions About UK Law!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Ritchie

Ritchie

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Guns: New to airsoft, so I don't have any guns yet =(

Might get an AK though.......

• Loadouts: None. =(
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums.

I just wanted to ask you how old you have be to compete in an airsoft match. (Please also bare in mind that I am only 11.)

I haven't managed to obtain an airsoft gun yet, but I'm pretty sure that my dad's gonna buy me one. :rolleyes:

I think that I am mature and grown-up enough to handle an airsoft gun, be it a rifle or a handgun. I also accept that airsoft guns can be very dangourous when placed in the wrong hands. I also understand that an airsoft rifle (or handgun) can cause serious injury to people around me. Lastly, I would also like you to aknowledge that I accept that I should never under any curcumstances bring my airsoft gun into the public eye.

Phew! Glad I got that off my chest!

Anyway, onto my second question.

Is there an airsoft site around my area? I live in Abergavenny, Wales.

Thanks guys. -Ritchie ;)

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2373 posts
sorry dude, most sites dont allow anyone under 13 to play. This is due to insurance issues. haha, only two years to go :lol:

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

Matt!

Matt!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: L119A1

• Loadouts: DDPM, DPM, OD, TAN
hi there,

there a few sites near you

look here! http://www.airsoftmap.net/UK/Skirmish

as for how old you need to be that is deemed by the site, the lowest ive seen is 12 and often you need to be accompanied by an adult, you will be lucky if this is the case and insurance of the site goes up and staff need checks to check there not any risk to players.

i hope this helps and good luck, if you are allowed i would try renting first and see if you enjoy it! you never know you may want to wait until your older or by the time you come around to play your airsoft gun might be knackered? (if you need to be 14, 16 w/e to play)

what gun were you thinking of buying anyway?

Posted Image

New To Airsoft? | Transporting RIF's?

{C}
QUOTE (Devastator)
Welcome to the forums :)

Ritchie

Ritchie

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Guns: New to airsoft, so I don't have any guns yet =(

Might get an AK though.......

• Loadouts: None. =(

hi there,

there a few sites near you

look here! http://www.airsoftmap.net/UK/Skirmish

as for how old you need to be that is deemed by the site, the lowest ive seen is 12 and often you need to be accompanied by an adult, you will be lucky if this is the case and insurance of the site goes up and staff need checks to check there not any risk to players.

i hope this helps and good luck, if you are allowed i would try renting first and see if you enjoy it! you never know you may want to wait until your older or by the time you come around to play your airsoft gun might be knackered? (if you need to be 14, 16 w/e to play)

what gun were you thinking of buying anyway?

Hi. Thanks for the quick response and helpful info. I just remembered, ( and boy am I gonna sound dumb ) but I'm acctualy 12.
LOL. How did I forget THAT!? LOL. Anyway, I was thinking of buying an AK-47. Here is the link----

http://www.cheapbbgu...ifle-p-230.html

Thanks for all the help! - Ritchie

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2373 posts
not if you want it to last.

it is a springer, is cheap. Wont be great in a skirmish, but fine for plinking.

If you are wanting an AK, look at the JG or CYMA models, they are decent enough for a beginner.

You will be looking to spend around 100+ for a decent gun.

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: JG M4 S-system
    JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

• Loadouts: British DPM's
    Warrior R.I.C.A.S Compact (OD)
I wouldnt use that to scratch my back never mind playing with it!

Try http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/ Great place for starting guns

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users