Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Custom gun?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Jackm

Jackm

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey guys i am new to airsoft but i have made quite a few replica guns in the past. I was wondering if it was a good idea or a waste of time to build my own airsoft gun i was thinking of making a P90 styled gun. Any ideas on if i should or should not even attempt.

Regards

Jack

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
To be honest as you're just starting I'd just get one off the shelf and go with that until you start getting bored of it. By having it, you'll also be able to learn the workings inside out etc which would aid you if you wanted to do your own thing later.

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2374 posts
If you wnated a P90 style gun, what I (and most other people) would do is, go and buy one. :D

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

abbadon101

abbadon101

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

• Guns: Way to many for this box now. Not sure if thats good or bad :S

• Loadouts: 80's SAS Loadout
    Modern SAS loadout
    Ausi SASR Nam Loadout
    90's US SF Loadout

It is illegal to manufacture a RIF so I would be careful. Get UKARA'd first then buy and of the shelf gun after that maybe think about making your own (which is a hard process and all I ave done is mix and match parts)

Jackm

Jackm

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok thanks for the advice. If not a P90 what would you recomend as a newbie gun?

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: JG M4 S-system
    JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

• Loadouts: British DPM's
    Warrior R.I.C.A.S Compact (OD)
There isnt really a "newbie gun" its more down to what look you want and how you play

But most people get a M4 like THIS one

Jackm

Jackm

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok thanks. I was looking at a JG G36C. are they anygood?

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2374 posts
yes. Good sturdy gun. decent for the money. Won't last as long as something that isnt a clone (they all die eventually) but it'll keep you going till u can stretch to something bigger, better and more expensive.

Something good to keep you going untill you want to splash out more on guns as you begin to enjoy the sport more and more.

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users