Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New player needs help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Fanta

Fanta

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi forum, I'm interested in starting airsoft , I play paintball, yes I said paintball!!! I play tournament paintball which I enjoy and woodsball, but playing woodsball costs me about 80 plus pounds when I go and I just can't afford to play it anymore!!!! My nearest venue is fireball squadron , so I'm going to pop up there in a few days hopefully! When I start a hobby I like to spend a decent amount on the gear( am I the only one)?? I have a budget of around 400 could push to 500 if necessary, hopefully this should get me a nice bit of kit plus all the extras! What would you experienced players recommend?

Any help is greatly appreciated , many thanks in advance alex

Johnno

Johnno

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

• Guns: 3 x G & G M4 (inc 1 Blowback)
    TM MP5A3
    2 xCyma Glock
    M203 stand alone GL
    M700 Sniper

• Loadouts: Any old Shite I have lying around but mainly a set of M65 and a Vest.

Hi forum, I'm interested in starting airsoft , I play paintball, yes I said paintball!!! I play tournament paintball which I enjoy and woodsball, but playing woodsball costs me about 80 plus pounds when I go and I just can't afford to play it anymore!!!! My nearest venue is fireball squadron , so I'm going to pop up there in a few days hopefully! When I start a hobby I like to spend a decent amount on the gear( am I the only one)?? I have a budget of around 400 could push to 500 if necessary, hopefully this should get me a nice bit of kit plus all the extras! What would you experienced players recommend?

Welcome :D

I would join a club first and use some rental Guns until you get your Registration for a defence under UKARA, this will save you spending out on a 2 tone and you will get a feel for the different types of Gun.
Need to stop spending Money on Toy Guns and stuff :-( DREAM ON !

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Welcome to the forums :)

snuff

snuff

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Where abouts are you based?someone in your area may be able to point you in the right direction..
There's a few of us ex-paintballers on here,this is a darn sight cheaper and just as much fun,ignore the "haters" and welcome.

paperpirate

paperpirate

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

• Guns: Thompson m1a1
    MP40
    k98 custom
    MP5k
    CZ75
    Colt 1911
    Ruger
    Python revolver

• Loadouts: ww2 us para
    ww2 heer infantry
    woodland dpm
    dessert dpm
get yourself a membership at a site and a UKARA

i'd invest in a cheap set of combats and a cheap tac vest, can pick that up for less than 50 quid and it will last you a fair while.
keep an eye on the for sale section on here aswell, might pick up a bargain

Tom

Fanta

Fanta

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Where abouts are you based?someone in your area may be able to point you in the right direction..
There's a few of us ex-paintballers on here,this is a darn sight cheaper and just as much fun,ignore the "haters" and welcome.

stratford upon avon. haha thanks !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users