Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

paintball and airsoft

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

you will succeed

you will succeed

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

• Guns: ak-47

• Loadouts: camo
i have just bought a gas blow back pistol and i was wondering whether i could put the 6mm paintball through it as i paintball as well.

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4441 posts

• Guns: WE L85A2
    WE Glock 17 Gen4

• Loadouts: Contemporary British Army,
    Light weight belt set up,
    CBA Loadout (Jeans, hoody etc.)

• Sites: Regular site: Skirmish Airsoft, Mansfield.
    Visited: The Stan, Anzio, The Asylum, Brit-Tac Woodland, Tac-House, Free Fire Zone, Welbeck Academy, the list grows.
    See my YouTube channel for footage.
I wouldn't risk it, I once had a cheap spring pistol years ago and two bad things happened - firstly, I loaded a full mag into the gun, which made the spring pressure in the mag squash a lot of the paintballs inside the magazine. So that mag was totally ruined.

Second problem, the air pressure the paintballs are put through under the standard process of firing caused them to break inside the barrel, meaning you have to fully strip the gun to properly clear the barrel.

If you can buy high grade, hard, paint filled BBs then they'll probably be alright. Just be wary of the cheap ones.

Need AEG parts? Click here >> Major Airsoft! << Discount code Bullet4MyEnemy for 10% off. 

Find me on YouTube: Bullet4MyEnemy
Airsoft News & Review site: www.AirsoftOperator.com

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

• Guns: have: ics cxp, cyma ak tactical, 2x ak beta spetz, owned lots

• Loadouts: Ukranian TTSKO + assault vest, or OD PLCE
Well its one way to coat the inside of a barrel, though I would use silicon rather than emulsion to be honest.

Only use high quality BB's (named brand) in an airsoft gun, anything else and you are just asking to ruin it.

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

• Guns: G&G GR16 blowback with Umarex acog

• Loadouts: BDU/black, viper assault vest and gloves
Mag feeding is always an issue, i owned a RAP4 P99, the gun is good, but if the balls spend too much time in the mag they become deformed and wont fit in the barel, which means when it tries to feed a round it will get crushed in the breach.

as for the 6mm BBs, the only burst when they hit something hard, clothing they just bounch of and most parts of body which in paintball is a bummer.
and if you get some paint BBs, you might notice that the outer shells are somewhat greasy, so although the chance is high of a good working pistol, you just have to do alot more cleaning in the gun as it will clump up quickly inside.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users