Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Why does my M4...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

taroslice

taroslice

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

• Guns: Tokyo Marui L96A1
    WE Hi Capa 5.1 Dragon Type B
    G&P M4 V.S.B.R. AEG

• Loadouts: Underwear
    Birthday Suit
Been having a problem with my m4 last few times been skirmishing...
Me being the airsoft noob very hard to be very specific.
But basically the gun is fully charged and when shooting in semi-auto it sometimes doesn't shoot...and all i hair is a clicking noise...
To get it back working i just switch it to full auto and give it a couple of shots off...but usually stops shooting again after a couple more shots...
I know that sometimes this is normal and guns sometimes do that...but my does it on a regular basis....Any advice on what could be wrong or should i go out and get it repaired straight away? Thanks guys!

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

• Guns: WE L85A2
    WE Glock 17 Gen4

• Loadouts: Contemporary British Army,
    Light weight belt set up,
    CBA Loadout (Jeans, hoody etc.)

• Sites: Regular site: Skirmish Airsoft, Mansfield.
    Visited: The Stan, Anzio, The Asylum, Brit-Tac Woodland, Tac-House, Free Fire Zone, Welbeck Academy, the list grows.
    See my YouTube channel for footage.
This happens to me every single time I release the trigger halfway through a pull.

It leaves the piston half cocked, it must make work too hard for the motor to resume pulling the spring back on the next pull of the trigger, or something. Best thing to do, never pull the trigger unless you're going to fully pull it, there can be no second guessing about when you're going to shoot, pull fully and firmly, release after the shot has left the gun, never before.

The other thing is when you fire a lot, very fast, all on semi. Just don't do it. Use auto for continuous fire.

If problems persist, just use auto in short bursts, is the most effective firing method anyway.

That's how I cope without technical intervention, someone with a deeper understanding of AEG internals might be able to properly source the fault but that's all the help I can give.

Need AEG parts? Click here >> Major Airsoft! << Discount code Bullet4MyEnemy for 10% off. 

Find me on YouTube: Bullet4MyEnemy
forumfinal_zps326d20e3.jpg

Airsoft News & Review site: www.AirsoftOperator.com

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2372 posts
Ed hit is spot on there.

motor simply can't pull it all the way back - this even happens on my TM SOPMOD when I trigger-spam it, a little auto now and then never hurt anyone (tbh, it probably has, but as you'll be the one not on the receiving end dont't worry about it)

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

taroslice

taroslice

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

• Guns: Tokyo Marui L96A1
    WE Hi Capa 5.1 Dragon Type B
    G&P M4 V.S.B.R. AEG

• Loadouts: Underwear
    Birthday Suit
thanks guys for explaining really well to me :)
I shall take your advice and do short bursts with full auto :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users