Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

RANT: Gamers playing Airsoft!!

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

Matt!

Matt!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: L119A1

• Loadouts: DDPM, DPM, OD, TAN

Posted Image

Posted Image

Poor Guns :o

What happened :P

Posted Image

New To Airsoft? | Transporting RIF's?

{C}
QUOTE (Devastator)
Welcome to the forums :)

craig

craig

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

• Guns: SA80 A2 AG36
    Fn Minimi
    custom built "M4A2"
    P226R

• Loadouts: DPM, Flecktarn, every so often MTP

• Sites: basicly if i can find a site near were im at ill go
the top ones mine (i painted them) the bottom ones were gamers ideas

if i hide maybe the stupid people will go away
I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest

shaneyplane

shaneyplane

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

• Guns: ICS L85
    K J Works P226

• Loadouts: British DPM (woodland)
    FSBE Olive Molle assault vest
iv had something like that was in the middle of a fire fight and a newplayer said run at them umm no they have a sodding m249, anyway bout 5 mins later the new player shouted 'there shooting at me' lol and they didnt know what to do pmsl, so i said the normal thing 'shoot back'. reply i got was im scared lol
The more you sweat the less you bleed

Wesker

Wesker

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

• Guns: TM M92F - Custom Wesker Samurai Edge model
    TM Samurai Edge
    TM Ashford Gold Lugers
    JG M4 Carbine
I cant stand CoD personally. I understand the frustration of it with people in the airsoft world. I hate how people try to combine the two thinking they're great in the game so they must be amazing with a real gun (well airsoft but you know what i mean) Would be funny to see them find out how crap they actually are. Its mainly the attitude of them thinking they know everything about the guns because they're in a computer game like theres no difference. Generally people who are full of themselves and assume before they even pick up a gun that they'll be better than everyone else. Personally im a gamer of sorts. I barely play any games though, just a select few i like. I am a huge Resident Evil/Biohazard fan and collector so my loadout is all RE guns. I dont have the attitude though that im great. I havent really fired my gun yet as i had problems with it but i see it as fun, not something i'd have to 'be the best' at. I know somewhat about the guns from the games but i dont treat them the same in reality as they are in the games. Running around shooting things in a virtual environment is one thing, running around on the field with guns being fired at you is something else
- TM M92F - Samurai Edge Wesker custom model
- TM Barry Burton Samurai Edge
- TM Samurai Edge standard model
- TM Ashford Gold Lugers
- TM 1998 Biohazard 2 Leon Custom 6"/10" Desert Eagle
- Tanaka Works 6" Umbrella Revolver
- JG M4 Carbine

craig

craig

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Fn Minimi
    custom built "M4A2"
    P226R

You know the way in games they shout FRAG OUT! Or they yell out there plan of attack i.e. "im going to go up the right and flank him cover me" its very counter productive but good target practice for me

p.s. love the stars m9

if i hide maybe the stupid people will go away
I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest

jamus

jamus

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

• Guns: none as of yet

• Loadouts: standard issue british army woodland DPM full kit
i can see why people get frustrated with this kind of thing, im a big gamer but not big on FPS games, i play cod, which tbh im not a big fan of, its fun for fast paced games but you play a sport/ hobbie such as this and its a game, its just pure mindless fun... with a bit pain here and their but hey whats pain :P. i have seen this before though with people, not necessarily in airsoft but in paintballing and online as well, tbh i dont know what im doing when im playing, but i try to think strategically. so i do as im told and get on with it, none of this yelling my next move down... thats what radios are for lol

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
My Dad's mate owns an Airsoft shop and i often go there for a while but you get all these modern warfare 2 fans come in who start comparing airsoft to modern warfare 2. "oh look its the m4a1 carbine from call of duty." I just have to bite my tounge and listen to them. Whats also annyoing as mentioned before is when they think the guns are exactly the same.
This is a bit off topic but I've played the game myself but I didn't like so I traded it in. When I told my freinds I sold it they went mad and have been criticising me ever since. ITS A GAME NOT A LIFESTYLE
Saxon Airsoft's Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.c...ft?feature=mhee

Hubert

Hubert

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

• Guns: Currently playing with:
    Walther PPK & P99 with suppressor, SIG-Sauer P228
    W.E. L85 & SUSAT

• Loadouts: FBI/ NYPD Detective.
    Generic soldier 2007+

You know the way in games they shout FRAG OUT! Or they yell out there plan of attack i.e. "im going to go up the right and flank him cover me" its very counter productive but good target practice for me

To be fair, most of the time this happens in airsoft, its because players don't have radios. Out of 9 games at official sites, aside from the marshals (who don't count) I've only ever seen 1 team with radios. Each game had about 40 odd players. So, 3 out of 40 had the ability to communicate without yelling - when they had to tell others to do something...Yeah, they had to scream. (And, half way through the day their batteries died)

As for FRAG OUT! - well, this has been going on in Hollywood for years. It is also necessary to call 'frag out' or 'fire in the hole' etc at some sites. (Atleast when the pyro is bigger than a flashbang)

I will admit - I have been tempted to (eventually) paint my L85 up in 'Fall' camo. But then I realised how absolutely stupid that would be - Bright. Orange. Gun. Green woodland. :lol:
Although, 1 thing I definitly will do (once my L85 dies) is convert it to look like the "l86" (and I use that term lightly) in MW2. In other words, just stick some metal rigging onto the barrel and handguard, an M240/9 carry handle and see if I can fit a Beta-C mag in it...

Call of duty has damaged our hobby/sport slightly, by flooding it with muppets who think 2 Glock 18Cs is a viable way to fight or that the Walther Arms 2000 rifle is a military sniper. But, remember - if these kids continue, they will be the future of the hobby. And how are they any different from us who joined after watching films as a kid, and tried to recreate/act out scenes from the films? Dirty Harry. A Bridge Too Far. Ultimate Farce ( :lol: ) v.s Call of Duty.
Like 'em or hate 'em, these CoD Noobs could very well be the future of the hobby. Sure, they're annoying, inept and incompitant - just take a deep breath, aim down your sights - and enjoy the fun that is easy target practice.
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt: run in little circles, wave your arms and shout
- Parody of the Litany of Command, popular with Commissar cadets.

expendable

expendable

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

• Guns: h and k g36c
am resonably new to this but before i was paintballing and u see similar things inn that environment. games like cod battlefront etc are easy u pres play get shot respawn rinse and repeat no rules and sometimes games are hacked. i understand these ppl think that this is wat its gona be like but reality bites back and i dnt want to put them off obviously u want ppl to play the game but they need to think a bit more in the spirit of it

seek and destroy
seek and destroy

Wills

Wills

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
I'am only 14 and love my fps games.....along with rpgs and mmo's too. I have been down to my site about 6-7 times and the thing that irritates me is the kids going oh wow thats the m4a1 and thats the scar-h and ect. i feel like saying know any more guns? they can only label call of duty known guns. i love my military stuff and just went down to a ww2 show today.

Some younger players annoy me lying about how many kills they got. I ask how many did you hit and they claim they hit 9 people....and there was 16 in the game......this was my mates first time and then some other guy claimed he got 8 kills and another said 5......and i know for sure i got one (tinted goggles in a dark woods ftl.....(i swapped them after that game for mesh) but you do the maths 5+8+9=22?

It happens in the gaming world to.....i love my Bad company 2 but when you get kids running around saying quick scope and no scope on it i think wow.....because bad company is the closest game i have played to military sim, you have to be like a real sniper and stay hidden and use gravity ect and act like a real sniper, you have to look at that too.

Matt!

Matt!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: L119A1

• Loadouts: DDPM, DPM, OD, TAN

Some younger players annoy me lying about how many kills they got. I ask how many did you hit and they claim they hit 9 people....and there was 16 in the game......this was my mates first time and then some other guy claimed he got 8 kills and another said 5......and i know for sure i got one (tinted goggles in a dark woods ftl.....(i swapped them after that game for mesh) but you do the maths 5+8+9=22?

was it a respawn game? also when multiple people are shooting at target it can be hard to say who actually landed the hit.

Posted Image

New To Airsoft? | Transporting RIF's?

{C}
QUOTE (Devastator)
Welcome to the forums :)

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts

I'am only 14 and love my fps games.....along with rpgs and mmo's too. I have been down to my site about 6-7 times and the thing that irritates me is the kids going oh wow thats the m4a1 and thats the scar-h and ect. i feel like saying know any more guns? they can only label call of duty known guns. i love my military stuff and just went down to a ww2 show today.

It happens in the gaming world to.....i love my Bad company 2 but when you get kids running around saying quick scope and no scope on it i think wow.....because bad company is the closest game i have played to military sim, you have to be like a real sniper and stay hidden and use gravity ect and act like a real sniper, you have to look at that too.

As a younger player as well I agree with you. Whats annoying is that all these kids make the rest of us younger players look like a bunch of idiots to. There is now a sterotype that younger players love COD and think airsoft is the same. Its really annoying especially when you've being playing for a while and people think you have no experiance.
However I have to hand it to the gamers they make for easy targets when they start shouting the COD cach phrases. The funniest (and dumbest) has to be when they call in kill streak rewards. One time I was next to this kid about my age who started shouting "predator missile, predator missile!" Unfortunately we were sneaking right behind the enemy team when he decided to do this and we then got masacred. :blink:
Saxon Airsoft's Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.c...ft?feature=mhee

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: JG M4 S-system
    JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

• Loadouts: British DPM's
    Warrior R.I.C.A.S Compact (OD)

"predator missile, predator missile!"

I hope he didnt try to bring his laptop with him to "call in a airstrike"

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2373 posts

I hope he didnt try to bring his laptop with him to "call in a airstrike"

you just gave me my next years BTEC project :lol:

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

Hubert

Hubert

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

• Guns: Currently playing with:
    Walther PPK & P99 with suppressor, SIG-Sauer P228
    W.E. L85 & SUSAT

• Loadouts: FBI/ NYPD Detective.
    Generic soldier 2007+

you just gave me my next years BTEC project :lol:

Hehe, someone on AirsoftWorld/The Fort 's forum was/is doing this.

I'm not sure how far he got. All I do know is, he's built a prototype. It can barely fly when it has a camera attached, so I dread to think how a camera and grenade would cause it to do...
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt: run in little circles, wave your arms and shout
- Parody of the Litany of Command, popular with Commissar cadets.

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: JG M4 S-system
    JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

• Loadouts: British DPM's
    Warrior R.I.C.A.S Compact (OD)
its pritty easy to make a mini UAV dont got with a plane cose at the altitudes you are looking at you wont see a thing

You know them like flying saucer things you can buy with like fans on them that float around the room?? they are your best bet if your doing somehting like this for airsoft

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2373 posts
maybe. could see it working if it was for CQB.

my current best idea is just too awesome:

triple shot-shotgun (like the DE m56 series)
BUT
its an M4-a-like (muscle memories and whatnot.... or maybe G36)
has a mag containing several shells
is semi-auto and ejects teh shell after the 10th shot, allowing a loverly fresh and full shel to take its place.

CQB RAEP GUN AWAY!!!

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
I'm surprised that you haven't started doing a nuke for your BTEC memcwho.. :D

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2373 posts
its just a touch impractical.
and we dont have the equipment to make an M82 :(

so prolly a massive shotgun of doom type thing :D

craig

craig

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Fn Minimi
    custom built "M4A2"
    P226R