Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

RANT: Gamers playing Airsoft!!

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
I'm 13 and I've been playing airsoft for 3 years. There are some people my age who give younger airsofters a bad reputation. For example not taking hits ect... The most annoying thing about this is when I get people take one look at me and say noob. AHHHH its so annoying!!! :angry: I didn't really care when I first started Airsoft because I was a noob, but I'm not now.

Same with my friends, they havn't been playing quite as long as me but most of them have 1 or 2 years of experiance (we're part of a team). Most kids are good Airsofters anyway, you just get a few who are are real idiots. I saw 3 rentals smashing the windows of an old car at Xsite thats used for cover. They soon started complaining when they had bits of glass in their fingers.

At most sites that I regualy play at the people there know me well and know I'm not a noob, its just a few people have the perception that young players are really bad.

As for gamers, you always get a few that say ' yes, 6 kill streak call in a combat chopper!'. Anyway I just use my grenade launcher lol :lol: But yet again most gamers are ok, I have a friend who spends his life on COD but he dosn't mention it at Airsoft.

I think that most kids and gamers are'nt at all bad (well I am kid so I would anyway!) :D Its just a few that ruin it for everyone else.
Saxon Airsoft's Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.c...ft?feature=mhee

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: JG M4 S-system
    JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

• Loadouts: British DPM's
    Warrior R.I.C.A.S Compact (OD)
Dont get me wrong most new players are willing to learn i am talking about COD players and just gamers in general comming into airsoft and automaticaly thinking they will be as good in the real world as they are in there virtual soilders career.

in short NO.

And i have found it is mostly the kids thinking this way usally the adults take there heads out there arse before they step onto site

Take this for example this 13 year old was down at my site last sunday and he rented out a rifle.... then spent most of his time running around with his Glock 18C and his m8s 1911.......... WHAT THE HELL...... he even had the cheak to ask me for my Glock 18C because he was finding the lack of auto fire on the 1911 was bringing him down.....

In the end i got his rifle from the base and shoved it in his face and shouted use that you might get some where (a bit to much but i was basicly holding off the whole enemy team by myself while this guy was worring about his "akimbio" pistols (not happy)

Another thing was when playing Attack and DEFEND i was accused of camping on several occasions.. even though one team member had to be within 3 meters of the flag to secure it......

It makes me mad just talking about it think about how mad it makes me when i am a team leader of a team of COD bummers

I have my ways of venting my anger like shouting orders at them very louding that made the other team run away (i am telling the truth they really ran away :D )

Rant over for another day....

Jack

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2374 posts
I look forwards to the next rant :lol:

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

I recon i should make a blog (But then i wouild prob get bored soon enough)

What did you like about it the story or what :D

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
Talking about gamers playing airsoft, AI (the airsoft magazine) have been doing loads of COD. Last month it was so you wannabe modern warfare 2 Task Force 141, this month its so you wannabe modern warfare 2 Task Force 141 Ghost, and next month its so you wannabe modern warfare 2 Task Force 141 Captian Price. Its so boring! <_< ZZZ

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

I know i am a first year subscripter (i feel another rant comming on....)

The first couple of issues where good and informative then i saw a "in the next issue" and "Modern Warfare 2" on the same page and my heart dropped

Gamers had finally got to ever dark corner of the airsoft comminty

First with the players

Then with the after game/lunch break banter

Then with the dialog during game

And now to the Airsoft publishments

And now soon to be the Gear!!!!

Carnt they just stay in there little virtual screens!!! :( :blink:

Thanks

Jack

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2374 posts
sorry, man. they already did the gear.

just google 'ghost MW2 neoprene mask'
I can't find it at the mo, but I have seen them before. :(

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

...................................... -_-

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2374 posts
I know. When I found those tears were shed. Manly tears. but tears non-the-less.

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

I was working on my MOLLE load-out but it is reminding me of COD (becuase a little kid said i look like a COD Player) i have been tring to change it ever since

But i guess you will look like a COD player if you stick on a Plate carrier anyway GOD D&*@N IT!!

jimbo68

jimbo68

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

• Guns: AGMs, SRC, Classic Army, Shotguns and Pistols.

• Loadouts: Desert, Woodland, CQB, WW2 and Vietnam Loadouts
I dont play COD, i dont even have a console, but i turned up at my site last week dressed as one of them dudes from Task Force 141 after seeing it in AI magazine and know one even noticed, i was supposed to be a Somalian as it was BHD day ;) .

Also for to have my twopennys worth of rant, i cant stand noobs who dont take there hit and run around like Rambo emptying a mag in about 30 seconds, more sites should go LO/Mid cap it makes for a more exciting day and makes you a better player

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
Gamers are taking over Airsoft and they've brainwashed AI.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :unsure: :(

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

Also for to have my twopennys worth of rant, i cant stand noobs who dont take there hit and run around like Rambo emptying a mag in about 30 seconds, more sites should go LO/Mid cap it makes for a more exciting day and makes you a better player

This was a majour problem at my local site it got to the point where games where destored becuase one little kid (it ant always the younger ones) was pinning donw the whole team by not taking his hits

They have now split up the under 16's and over 16's to two differnt times and i can tell you what what a chance it has made

Both age groups are now playing 3x as better as before it is weird i have never seen the players at my site play so good

Maybe other site owners should try it if they are having similer problems on thier site.

Thanks

Jack

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
Its an ok idea but I don't just want to play with under 16's

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2374 posts
I think its a bad idea when you think into it a little. Just tougher marshalling would suffice.
The young'uns would get used to playing more casually and at a lower level so ti is somewhat a shock to he system once they join the adults more serious gaming.
Plus, as with everything you don't get better without pushing yourself... no pain no gain as it were.
You would be conditioning yourself to figth against people of a certain skill level and then you are not able to act effectivly in any other situation.

Hubert

Hubert

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

• Guns: Currently playing with:
    Walther PPK & P99 with suppressor, SIG-Sauer P228
    W.E. L85 & SUSAT

• Loadouts: FBI/ NYPD Detective.
    Generic soldier 2007+
I've just realised that this is pretty much the basis for my A-level English language coursework - airsofters versus CoD :lol: .

As for going dressed in CoD style gear - I'm trying to go for a PMC look - but I've found that if I go dressed as a Tf141 (mostly Ghost with that jacket/fleece) its far more comfortable.
I go for what feels best to wear. Its pure coincidence I happen to look like I stepped out of an Xbox.
(Although, I'd really like to see someone dress as the SEAL teams - I assume it would be very difficult to get all the gear for that :lol: )
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt: run in little circles, wave your arms and shout
- Parody of the Litany of Command, popular with Commissar cadets.

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

I think its a bad idea when you think into it a little. Just tougher marshalling would suffice.
The young'uns would get used to playing more casually and at a lower level so ti is somewhat a shock to he system once they join the adults more serious gaming.
Plus, as with everything you don't get better without pushing yourself... no pain no gain as it were.
You would be conditioning yourself to figth against people of a certain skill level and then you are not able to act effectivly in any other situation.

Not really if you put in one older guy who knmows what he is doing (me :) ) that can whip them into shape it works better then a mixed group of terrified younge players and angry older ones

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
What about more experianced younger players we don't want to be playing with a load of noobs! :(

abbadon101

abbadon101

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

• Guns: Way to many for this box now. Not sure if thats good or bad :S

• Loadouts: 80's SAS Loadout
    Modern SAS loadout
    Ausi SASR Nam Loadout
    90's US SF Loadout

My site has started to run "members only" games where there are no rentals, no 2-tones, no u-18s, nad the marshals all play so there is no marshals really and they are the best days I have ever been to. You don't have to worry about people not understanding rules and the such. I am not saying I won't play at normal games but they aren't as good.

craig

craig

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

• Guns: SA80 A2 AG36
    Fn Minimi
    custom built "M4A2"
    P226R

• Loadouts: DPM, Flecktarn, every so often MTP

• Sites: basicly if i can find a site near were im at ill go
well was at a match today and there was a bunch of gamers right
and thay spotted my rifle camo (below)

Posted Image

and stright away started giving "advice" of a sort about using cool camo and
to use camo from mw2 (you know red and blue tiger crap below)

Posted Image

them started going on and on about how shotguns are bad in mw2
so thay must be the same in aisoft

needless to say i took this very well (as in i hunted them down like the gamers thay are)

if i hide maybe the stupid people will go away
I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users