Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

In your opinion what is better: SRC G36C Gen 3 or TM G36C

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Kingmistry

Kingmistry

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

• Guns: CA G36
    KSC Glock 18C
    KWA Glock 17
    TM Desert Eagle
    JP Famas

• Loadouts: British Woodland - Plain and simple
As the title says, I want to know what gun people think is better out of the two and why. I know naturally people will say TM because it is TM but the internals of the SRC G36C seem really good. So what do people think?
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

My items for sale:
M39 Two tone BB Gun - Springer
KSC Glock 18C - Like New

My Feedback

NB Please message me if you are interested in buying one of my items, I don't look at my threads often so those responses arent as quick.

padraigthesniper

padraigthesniper

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

• Guns: Vsr 10, Mk23

• Loadouts: ghille suit
i had a tm g36c and they are great guns high rof for 8.4v and great range and reliability and there rock solid they have loads of metal inside the abs plastic so no wobble and creaks as for the src they are good too but not as solid and ive heard of them breaking quite alot but from what ive seen there good but i think the tm is better though and worth the extra quid

Imma sniper so don't get hyper

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2372 posts
If you are looking at a new rife and TM make a version and you can't choose - ALWAYS go for the TM, they simply don't die.

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

magicaldr

magicaldr

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

• Guns: TM: P90, G3 & MP5
    SRC: G36K
    ASG: Franchi SAS 12

Browning HP
    WE PX4

• Loadouts: 1980's British Special Forces
    5.11 Tactical / Black CQB / SO19
    Tiger Stripe

• Sites: Airsoft Adventures: Chobham
    Tactical Warfare Airsoft: Croydon

If you are looking at a new rife and TM make a version and you can't choose - ALWAYS go for the TM, they simply don't die.

Hmm barring my TM MP5 which stripped its gears in run up to xmas (standard nimh batts, not lipo or anything)... Still I have a 'trust' in TM kit and i am fixing it :)

On the SRC will be able to have a play with their G36 in a few days as I just brought one 2nd hand. Will let you know how she feels compared to my TM MP5 once it arrives (hopefully this week).

magicaldr

magicaldr

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Browning HP
    WE PX4

Tiger Stripe

On the SRC will be able to have a play with their G36 in a few days as I just brought one 2nd hand. Will let you know how she feels compared to my TM MP5 once it arrives (hopefully this week).

Ok first impressions as promised (not fired her in anger yet, wife has a headache so couple of dry fires to prove nothing went clonk all I had).

This is an SRC G36 (not C), it started as a C but they swapped the front end at some point for the K hand guard and barrel.

Its heavy and solid as a rock which is good. Nothing wobbles or rattles. The previous owner complained the battery compartment was a pain, but its less hassle to fit than my ICS M4 one (which is a real pain). The hop is a rotary thing in the ejection port, same as ICS M4. I prefer the TM sliding lever on my MP5 as its so simple to adjust (but also to knock) but its not a real downer on SRC.

Having held them both tonight, purely on aesthetics this is a nice bit of kit and SRC wins. Will need to get it skirmishing next as what really counts will be how well it puts BB's downrange.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the fire selector a bit 'loose' feeling, but that the same on the TM MP5. Both work fine.

joshcowin

joshcowin

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1147 posts

• Guns: we scar h aeg

• Loadouts: fbi type load out

• Sites: Maw,gfa
i had a src g36c and that was great,only niggle was that the hop could only lift 0.20g bbs so when i had it on full hop the bbs flew as straight as a dye and had amazing range and accuracy

i like my guns how i like my women,loud
My ops are so black not even i can see them

All the guns ive owned:uhc w700,src g36c,kwa 1911a1,g&g gr-16,Tm l96 aws,g&g cm-16,ics m16a3,ics m16 ras dmr,we glock 17,we scar l cqc, Ares aw338,

sr-25,we scar h aeg

magicaldr

magicaldr

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Browning HP
    WE PX4

Tiger Stripe

Well can now add a skirmish day to SRC, brilliant accuracy and decent performance all day. Very pleased with it, although did get a lot of comments that G36's are unreliable. Although as she has only done one skirmish cant really comment. Can say it worked through mud, snow and still put pellets downrange, the scope was great and hop easy enough to adjust if a little stiff. Its quite a heavy gun compared to my others, didn't worry me but just a note if you want to move fast it will slow you a bit.

Finius

Finius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts
What's better, the Mazda MX5, or a Porsche 911...If you want the poor mans' sportscar, buy the poor mans' sportscar ;)

(In all seriousness, the SRC is good, but it's what it is; a clone of the TM, if you have the budget, always bank on Tokyo Marui)

Kingmistry

Kingmistry

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

• Guns: CA G36
    KSC Glock 18C
    KWA Glock 17
    TM Desert Eagle
    JP Famas

• Loadouts: British Woodland - Plain and simple
Alright thanks guys, its given me a bit to think about. Might just get the TM then
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

My items for sale:
M39 Two tone BB Gun - Springer
KSC Glock 18C - Like New

My Feedback

NB Please message me if you are interested in buying one of my items, I don't look at my threads often so those responses arent as quick.

Marco

Marco

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

• Guns: Lots of guns

• Sites: The Grange
Sorry guys but an SRC gen 3 should be far superior to Tm. I have always been a Tm fan but I have also a SRC Ak Gen3 and it superb. Very solid with excellent internals and 8mm bearings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users