Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Paint

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

badgerdid

badgerdid

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

• Guns:
    M4 Defender S.I.R

• Loadouts:
    British dpm
Anyone know what paint they use on the guns, i need to touch up a couple of bits on mine, is it a special matt black or will any matt black do, say from halfords?

Anyone have a link to some,
thanks

Hibernator

Hibernator

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

• Guns: ICS M4: CQB, CASV, Diablo, Tsunami. TM M14 DMR, P90
Generally speaking if it's just black you are after then Halfords Matt Black will be fine - they also do a range of camo paints in the larger branches that comes in matt black, but I don't think it's too different to the car matt black!

If you want specific "gun" paints your main option in the UK is Krylon which you can get from Patrol Base online. Or you can look for Duracoat, but that's nearly impossible to source in the UK and needs extra equipment (airbrushes etc..) to do properly.

Although when you say "touch up", depending on what it is you're trying to fix I think you'll find a bit of wear and tear actually looks better/more realistic than a perfect finish!

badgerdid

badgerdid

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

• Guns:
    M4 Defender S.I.R

• Loadouts:
    British dpm

Generally speaking if it's just black you are after then Halfords Matt Black will be fine - they also do a range of camo paints in the larger branches that comes in matt black, but I don't think it's too different to the car matt black!

If you want specific "gun" paints your main option in the UK is Krylon which you can get from Patrol Base online. Or you can look for Duracoat, but that's nearly impossible to source in the UK and needs extra equipment (airbrushes etc..) to do properly.

Although when you say "touch up", depending on what it is you're trying to fix I think you'll find a bit of wear and tear actually looks better/more realistic than a perfect finish!

I removed the buffer tube and the littleun decided to hamer with it, the castle nut thing got a bit, well a lot of paint off and a bit damaged so just need to repaint it, cheaper than buying a new one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users