Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chest rig or Vest

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Grimfist

Grimfist

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
now, i really cannot decide and need some help,
its out of these two:

Posted Image
Posted Image

OR

Posted Image
Posted Image

thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2372 posts
second one. it has a smaller area, so its more likely that you will feel hits and thus take them. makes sure you are'nt cheating.

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

Matt!

Matt!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: L119A1

• Loadouts: DDPM, DPM, OD, TAN
both are fine, depends on what look your going for? or what you would personally feel better wearing,

Posted Image

New To Airsoft? | Transporting RIF's?

{C}
QUOTE (Devastator)
Welcome to the forums :)

Grimfist

Grimfist

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
thanks guys,
what would be more comfatable wearing?

Hubert

Hubert

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

• Guns: Currently playing with:
    Walther PPK & P99 with suppressor, SIG-Sauer P228
    W.E. L85 & SUSAT

• Loadouts: FBI/ NYPD Detective.
    Generic soldier 2007+
I got a vest because I once wore a friend's chest rig (adjusted for me) and found it really uncomfortable. That, and I just prefer the wya the vest looks over a rig.
I find the vest is comfortable to wear, infact I barely notice it anymore. Its like wearing a slightly heavy jacket (minus arms).

Provided you don't fill all of the pouches completely you will feel the hits. I do. It's likely you'll hear the hits aswell.
I've never been shot in the back whilst wearing it, so I can't comment on if you do/don't feel the hits there (although not all of it is as padded as the example you've shown.)

Personally - I prefer the vest. I found it much more comfortable and convenient than the rig.
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt: run in little circles, wave your arms and shout
- Parody of the Litany of Command, popular with Commissar cadets.

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2372 posts

I've never been shot in the back whilst wearing it, so I can't comment on if you do/don't feel the hits there

... maybe, or maybe when We shoot you in the back you just never feel it :lol:
I kid, I kid.

yeah, both are viable options provided you still can feel or hear hits.

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: JG M4 S-system
    JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

• Loadouts: British DPM's
    Warrior R.I.C.A.S Compact (OD)
I prefer Plate Carriers and i managed to call all my hits sunday you just need to listen out for them then trust on feeling (but you will get that with most LBE (Load Bearing Equipment))

But it is all down to user prefence what i would recomend is to find someone on your with both a Vest and Plate Carrier and try them on before you commit

Hope that helped

Jack

Grimfist

Grimfist

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
well, ive used webbing (British 95 + newer one) and i don't like it, all the bits dangle down everywhere,

these both have exactly what i need on them (3mags, badge, radio and pouch for BB's and a mars and speed loader)

i might go vest as they do look cooler.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users