Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Help for a beginner!

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

• Guns: WE L85A2
    WE Glock 17 Gen4

• Loadouts: Contemporary British Army,
    Light weight belt set up,
    CBA Loadout (Jeans, hoody etc.)

• Sites: Regular site: Skirmish Airsoft, Mansfield.
    Visited: The Stan, Anzio, The Asylum, Brit-Tac Woodland, Tac-House, Free Fire Zone, Welbeck Academy, the list grows.
    See my YouTube channel for footage.

Thanks everyone. Didn't realise the rental weapons were so good maybe I'll rent one next time I go. I'm still unsure why I would buy a cheap 200 weapon if the ones you can rent are better than that?

Also what magazine size is good to have. Is 470 rounds enough? I have seen 2300 round mags for assault rifles but that seems a bit extravagant.

Quick update. I have ben searching through different website and really like the Tokyo Marui Pro Line M4 rifles. I have narrowed it down to two:

http://www.zerooneai...roducts_id=5374

http://www.zerooneai...roducts_id=4833
Am I right in saying this has a longer barrel length which will give better accuracy? This and a few 430 round mags should do me well for two years.

What do you all think about these two and which would you go for? I know it's more than I wanted to spend but I think I will get good use out of it. As for the fact it will be two toned I am not that worried as I will cover it in camo tape and probably keep it on constantly as it will only be used at sites and my garden where nobody will know.

I'm not sure if all sites will use equally good guns, my site has been going for about 20 years apparently so I'm sure they've got money to fling around, it might not be the same for other places.

But buying your own gun, even if it's worse than the hires, it's a plan worth doing until you can get UKARA, because it'll save you a huge amount of money. Hiring a gun costs more than taking your own, at my site, taking your own gun saves you 20, so if you buy a gun for 150 you'll have made up for it with just 8 days airsofting.

Also, with regard to the magazines, a hi-cap mag is a hi-cap mag, people don't count their shots, you can utilise a 300 round one just as well as a 3000 round one, when it runs out, fill it up! Or buy more.

I run around with 10 mags holding 30 shots, so mag capacity isn't something you should worry about at all.

Moving onto the guns, don't spend more than 200 on your first gun. Spending 400 plus on an awesome gun that even I wouldn't buy because it costs too much and then having to paint it fluorescent green would be an utter travesty to man kind and a waste of a beautiful gun.

Get something like a G&G or ICS M4 with a plastic body, they're fantastic starter guns and will probably last you your whole airosfting life, they also contain the same internals as the more expensive metal versions (like what my site use) so you can have fantastic performance for a fraction of the price, if you're not getting the range you want, stick a tighter barrel and a new hop rubber in.
It makes more sense to get something cheap if you're going to have to ruin it by painting it green/blue/orange/whatever and then once you've got UKARA when you turn 18, you can splash out on something amazingly, awesomely, truly spectacular like those mad 400+ guns you've linked us to.

Need AEG parts? Click here >> Major Airsoft! << Discount code Bullet4MyEnemy for 10% off. 

Find me on YouTube: Bullet4MyEnemy
forumfinal_zps326d20e3.jpg

Airsoft News & Review site: www.AirsoftOperator.com

bigshep

bigshep

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

• Guns: have: ics cxp, cyma ak tactical, 2x ak beta spetz, owned lots

• Loadouts: Ukranian TTSKO + assault vest, or OD PLCE
OK, so far everyone has said, DO NOT SPEND OVER 200 ON YOUR FIRST GUN, and some of us have given you some nice starter kit WHICH WORKS WELL AND WILL LAST YOU 2 YEARS TILL YOU CAN GET UAKAR'd, however you seem to be set on spending 400+ on a gun which MAY give you 5meteres more range IF YOU SET IT UP PROPERLY! However at the end of 2 years when you try to sell said 400 2 tone gun, you will be stuffed AS NO_ONE WILL BUY IT.

However you have asked for advice, advice has been given, you are ignoring advice to look at something shiny, which we all do. You want to throw 400 away when 200 will get you kitted out totally, go ahead mate, its your money...good luck, enjoy the hobby but sometimes advice is worth listening to.

TPI

TPI

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

• Loadouts: GroundBreaker

• Sites: Highland Tactical Airsoft
a bit OTT from BigShep rough night old Boy? Have a cuppa and show some of the tough upper lip off eh?

anywho don`t get a plastic body contrary to many people`s belief`s they do break easily whatever people say and people do buy two tone`s but this is the way it will swing You buy a rifle two toned at 400 well as soon as that paint hit it to anyone but the original seller it`s worth half that but your also gonna skirmish it so that`ll take of another 100 so let`s do the Math bit 400 - 200 = 200 - 100 = 100 that is a fair old loss and that isn`t including upgrade`s

so here`s a link to a website i have personally had a falling out with but it`s the only place i can quickly find the specific model`s

http://www.actionhob...n_A1030U.aspx?0

http://www.actionhob...n_A1030V.aspx?0

http://www.actionhob...dy_AS4SI.aspx?0

now the first 2 are not metal bodied but you can replace them and two-tone the replacement metal body if you want rail`s

if not then the third one is a great standard rifle although the price is more it has a metal body

I'm Craig, God's Boss!
FeedBack

Klayer04

Klayer04

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

• Guns: Jg G3A3
    Cyma CM.30 Ak tac RIS
    DE M56 Tac shotgun
    Cyma Glock 18c Aep
    Jg Mp5a4
    Tm mk23 assasin

a bit OTT from BigShep rough night old Boy? Have a cuppa and show some of the tough upper lip off eh?

IMO big shep hit the nail on the head.
'Were going over, were never sober: St. Pauls College, Volleyball Team! Volleyball Team!'

jameswilby5

jameswilby5

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks for the replies everyone. I am definitely going to take a look at all the suggested weapons posted here. Some of them look very nice and are a lot cheaper. So far I like the King Arms M4 and ICS M4 suggested. Good fps and accuracy but am unsure about the range. Can anyone help?

TPI

TPI

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

they will be about the same and i retract that statement of OTT as i didn`t notice Shep`s earlier Post

I'm Craig, God's Boss!
FeedBack

Ditch

Ditch

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

• Sites: F&O Midlands - Asylum/etc
They'll be almost exactly the same, and benefit from a new tightbore barrel which isn't much money at all.

CKinnerley

CKinnerley

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1729 posts
External quality will probably be similar granted, but ICS gearboxes are fairly different to the KA standard V2s.

King Arm's AEGs don't have the best reputations for quality internals with a lot of people, I can attest to this from my own experience with my KA FAL. ICS sportlines would always get my vote.

Cam-the-airsoft-sniper

Cam-the-airsoft-sniper

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

• Guns: G&G GR16
    A Russian Gun (Find out soon!)

• Loadouts: DPM, Viper tactical assult vesst, viper leg holster. Stuff
My vote goes for the G&G GR16, mine is a year old now and still chugging along with a new barrel, it could do with a new rubber but apart from that it seems preety good.
You! I know you want a AK-47, buy this one: http://www.airsoft-f...showtopic=10182
Call me Red, Texas Red.....
War, War never changes

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

WE Glock 17 Gen4

Visited: The Stan, Anzio, The Asylum, Brit-Tac Woodland, Tac-House, Free Fire Zone, Welbeck Academy, the list grows.
Definitely get the ICS M4, the King Arms is nice but they're quite hit and miss as to whether you get a good one worth the money. I'm with Kinnerley on this.

100% ICS all the way.

Need AEG parts? Click here >> Major Airsoft! << Discount code Bullet4MyEnemy for 10% off. 

TPI

TPI

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

if you get a metal body then yea ICS if not it`s kind of like shoving a knife in your heart only something bad can happen which into this convo translates Plastic body = you`ll snap withing 2 year`s without a single doubt in my mind

I'm Craig, God's Boss!
FeedBack

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

WE Glock 17 Gen4

M4 stocks are the only parts I can see breaking and they're always plastic anyway, you'd be hard pressed to snap a receiver, I'd bet money on it being impossible from general use, take a hammer to it then sure, running into a tree won't break it, plastic body is cheap, will last you a good couple of years, more than likely more and it'll knock a good 100 off the price tag of anything that would otherwise be metal.

TPI

TPI

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

Fancy telling that to my 3 CA M15A4's which i now have to replace? my latest one

I'm Craig, God's Boss!
FeedBack

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

WE Glock 17 Gen4

Maybe Classic Army just aren't that great? I've never heard of a plastic bodied gun breaking.

In fact, I've heard it more from metal guns, like the WE SCAR.

TPI

TPI

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

hmm hold onto the receiver and point and shoot target`s watch the barrel crack the upper and then with a little more use snap off...

I'm Craig, God's Boss!
FeedBack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users