Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

stubby killer m4 upgrade

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Technician1

Technician1

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Guns: Lots
HELP

This is doing my head in now with the amount we have thrown at the gun

Gearbox has all ultimate parts

spring guide
Cylinder
Piston
Cylinder head
madbull m110 spring

We built the gearbox and added tightbore barrel and one piece hop

Fps around 280 ish

Remove the front of the gun and replace with a tightbore barrel and hop from another m4 that fires at 370 fps, and the fps on the stubby raises to360 fps (long barrel)

This points to an airseal problem around the hop, but all parts are the same apart from barrel lengths

My question is this

How can I upgrade to around the 340 fps on the stubby with such a small barrel.
Do I have to increase spring and bore upthe cylinder

Any answers greatful

Paul

Or

Hibernator

Hibernator

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

• Guns: ICS M4: CQB, CASV, Diablo, Tsunami. TM M14 DMR, P90
Assuming the two hop units are also identical, so it can't be different dimensions effecting things I'd say it's the hop rubber in your new barrel. You might not have installed it 100% correctly - it could have gotten moved/pinched when you reassembled the hop. Take the hop unit apart and reinstall, try a different hop rubber if possible.

TPI

TPI

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

• Loadouts: GroundBreaker

• Sites: Highland Tactical Airsoft
I think it`s only going up because of the length of the inner barrel so yes a spring upgrade is necessary as i think a barrel will only add 2 or maybe 10 FPS per inch depending on how tight it is and try cleaning and lubing it all up and also the gearbox will need Greasing NOT Lubing

I'm Craig, God's Boss!
FeedBack

c2ash

c2ash

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

• Guns: 2x agm stubby
    a&k hk416
    systema m4
    nod 0 m4
    tm g3 sg1
    tm mk23 socom

I think it`s only going up because of the length of the inner barrel so yes a spring upgrade is necessary as i think a barrel will only add 2 or maybe 10 FPS per inch depending on how tight it is and try cleaning and lubing it all up and also the gearbox will need Greasing NOT Lubing

its my agm stubby hes on about lol it has a 6.03 barrel in it and a m110 spring fitted i will check the hop rubber and make sure its in right but it is a new one

REMSoft

REMSoft

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

• Guns: TM Punisher MEU, TM G3, King Arms Blaser R93, CYMA RPK

• Sites: Apocalypse airsoft Detling
    Elite Battlezone
The cylinder will need changing if you are using aren't using the stock one designed for that barrel length. Different porting sizes effect FPS with specific barrels.
QUOTE (PeteJC21 @ Oct 29 2011, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does it come with a pair of sunglasses?

If the guy was unarmed and you ended up putting him in a blender you'll get in trouble.

c2ash

c2ash

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

• Guns: 2x agm stubby
    a&k hk416
    systema m4
    nod 0 m4
    tm g3 sg1
    tm mk23 socom

The cylinder will need changing if you are using aren't using the stock one designed for that barrel length. Different porting sizes effect FPS with specific barrels.

been done plus cylinder head

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users