Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

importing into the uk

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

joshcowin

joshcowin

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1147 posts

• Guns: we scar h aeg

• Loadouts: fbi type load out

• Sites: Maw,gfa
Ive been looking on hm revenue and customs and when you import a parcel into the uk you get custom charged and taxed.but if they (airsoft supplier) writes or declares the package as a gift you dont have to pay any custom charges whatsoever.this could be good for such people as ckinnerly.what do you think

i like my guns how i like my women,loud
My ops are so black not even i can see them

All the guns ive owned:uhc w700,src g36c,kwa 1911a1,g&g gr-16,Tm l96 aws,g&g cm-16,ics m16a3,ics m16 ras dmr,we glock 17,we scar l cqc, Ares aw338,

sr-25,we scar h aeg

BaggyPants

BaggyPants

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
Tax and vat are only overlooked if it is a gift with a value under 18. Use to be 30.

lemon191

lemon191

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

• Guns: CM16 GBB
    JG M733
    TM AK47
    CYMA G18c
    AA R85A1

• Loadouts: ACU/UCP
    DPM
    DDPM

• Sites: Close Action
would it not also be illegal.. and if your going down that route would it not make sense for them to say it costs less than it really did. although they must have ways of finding things like that out else everyone would be doing it

CKinnerley

CKinnerley

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1729 posts

Tax and vat are only overlooked if it is a gift with a value under 18.

Precisely.

WGC and UnCo offer certain services that can be of assistance, but I won't go in to any more details because it is against the law. If people choose to take advantage of said services, that's up to them.

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Declaring something as a gift when it isn't just sounds like a way of getting into trouble, although I've heard of it happening.

I've also heard of various businesses stating that the item is a warranty return or something along those lines which has bypassed any charges on the assumption it has already been through once and then back out the country (or in the bin) due to failure.

Finius

Finius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
Tax fraud is a crime, a nasty crime, the sort of crime for which HMRC might fine you lots of money, lots more money than you'd pay them if you just got on with it.

Just saying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users