Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Are WE pistols any good?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

hockeymaster350

hockeymaster350

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

• Guns: m4 cqb
Hi I'm thinking of buying a m1911 but I don't know what brand to buy it in. I was thinking a we because they are cheapest but I don't know if they are good quality. Plz help!

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
We 1911's are terrible, they'll fire maybe 6 shots per gas fill if you're lucky
Go tm

hockeymaster350

hockeymaster350

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

• Guns: m4 cqb

Go tm

Ok thanks a lot this helped

grimmy666

grimmy666

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Guns: TM VSR Pro, ICS M4, JG MP5 A5, WE 1911, KWA Mac11, We Scar H

Go tm

This isn't true. I have one and I am very happy with it. I have 3 mags all of which work perfectly well. Gas efficiency may not be as good as a Marui 1911 but that is to be expected given the weight of the slide. With a few minor mods involving some gas thread seal tape efficiency can be improved. My WE 1911 has never let me down and has good range + accuracy. Has a nice amount of recoil to it. Hope this helps.

Cameron364

Cameron364

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

• Guns: M4A1
    MEU

• Loadouts: A-Tacs Chest Rig

• Sites: The Grange
I have to disagree with Marksman aswell, I have gotten at leats a Mag and a half out of one charge of gas before, TM however due to plastic slides have better effiecency and don't get as cold, bad for gas effieceny, all I can say is that from WE 1911 mags I have, they are prone to breaking

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

• Guns: WE L85A2
    WE Glock 17 Gen4

• Loadouts: Contemporary British Army,
    Light weight belt set up,
    CBA Loadout (Jeans, hoody etc.)

• Sites: Regular site: Skirmish Airsoft, Mansfield.
    Visited: The Stan, Anzio, The Asylum, Brit-Tac Woodland, Tac-House, Free Fire Zone, Welbeck Academy, the list grows.
    See my YouTube channel for footage.
You could look at getting the KJW M1911, they look really really nice and feel awesome too. KJW aren't the best company out there but they're reasonably priced and I love my KJW P226. Cold weather is a no no for metal guns though.

Patrol Base have some on show in the shop, see if they're available on the website.

Need AEG parts? Click here >> Major Airsoft! << Discount code Bullet4MyEnemy for 10% off. 

Find me on YouTube: Bullet4MyEnemy
forumfinal_zps326d20e3.jpg

Airsoft News & Review site: www.AirsoftOperator.com

egglemon11

egglemon11

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Guns: Rifles:- M4A1, AK47
    Pistols:- WE HI-CAPA M1911 :)

• Loadouts: British DPM uniform + south africa tac vest

Hi I'm thinking of buying a m1911 but I don't know what brand to buy it in. I was thinking a we because they are cheapest but I don't know if they are good quality. Plz help!

Ive got a WE and it is awesome! i would definitely recommend getting one :)

Da_sheriff

Da_sheriff

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

• Guns: G&G GR16 blowback with Umarex acog

• Loadouts: BDU/black, viper assault vest and gloves
i got a WE 1911, only two mags for it, they held up Ok, ill get about 2 mags of gas.

wont lie though my Tokyo Marui is a better choice, only about 20-30 more then what i paid for the WE, and its just a nice gun to have.

Posted Image

Wardeneo

Wardeneo

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

• Guns: Magpie Pts Masada ACR CQB Edition
    TM P90 TR
    TM Glock 17
    TM 5.7

• Loadouts: MultiCam BDU
    MultiCam Light Assault Chest Rig

• Sites: CAA - Tressilian, Davidstow and North Hill (Cornwall)
    KGB - Porkellis (Cornwall)

i got a WE 1911, only two mags for it, they held up Ok, ill get about 2 mags of gas.

wont lie though my Tokyo Marui is a better choice, only about 20-30 more then what i paid for the WE, and its just a nice gun to have.

After holding and using the WE and the TM , I bought the WE one (although i bought hi capa 5.1 as I like it better but both are incredibly similar). I mainly bought the WE one because I think it's better balanced and Abit more weighty plus it's blowback is a little stronger, Tm Is very nice and yes due to plastic slide u get more shots out of the gas but the WE one is better suited for my requirements and it uses green gas :)

All in all I think whichever one you decide to get you will be happy with 2bh...

Hope that helps liam

Edbain

Edbain

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

• Guns: LS M9
    Black Viper m92
    Cybergun FAMAS (cant remember model)

• Loadouts: Is it really necessary to judge the validity of someone's opinions/facts based on owned guns?

• Sites: i plan on attending cerberus events, op-tac, and 'skirmish airsoft' for sheffield.
does anyone know how the WE g17's are? i love glocks, and would go tm, but i want the metal slide without all that cost of upgrading, so may get WE then upgrade to a TM hopup/barrel?

david0512

david0512

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

• Guns: Used most often: JG aks-74u, SRC M4

• Loadouts: DPM 95 with viper tac vest and tan/desert PMC

• Sites: Cerberus (The sandpit and green zone)

I don't own a WE pistol but I've heard that the parts, including the slide, guide rod plug and barrel bushing, can be quite loose fitting. Also, they are metal which does not help in cold weather. if you're looking for your first GBB, get a WE, they're a good price and have one heck of a kick. However, if you're looking for a long-lasting pistol, I'd recommend a TM. My desert warrior has seen a lot of use for nearly a year now, and I will say what I always say about TM pistols; they just never stop going. Even in cold weather, rain, snow etc. they will perform. Having said that, my mate has a WE 1911 and it is a brilliant gun. So it all depends on your willingness to spend a bit more for a TM. 

"Keep your eyes open, your mouth shut, and never volunteer for anything."

sp00n

sp00n

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1916 posts

• Guns: 1 or 2

• Loadouts: Fat Guy in MTP
    FAT NINJA!!!
David, check the post dates mate ;)

Things i am after :-

TM FA-MAS parts! (hop, flash hider assembly, and trigger guard)

FA-MAS hi caps!

sniper.gifboom-1.gif

"UKARA registration number, which is as close to a licence as a Tesco Club Card.~ Ian_Gere"

Shooter man

Shooter man

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

• Guns: M4

• Loadouts: ACU

WE New Glock 34 is good, high power

http://www.tokyo-mod...6.html?cPath=58

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users