Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Madbull RIPR

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

SpecialForce

SpecialForce

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

• Guns: G&P M4A1 Marine Special Forces
    WE M92F Long no markings
    SRC SR36

• Loadouts: For my full loadout and reviews of it:
    https://www.facebook.com/ActionSportsReviews

• Sites: Nae 2013, Small games on private land
Hi has anyone ever used this kind of system before?

Madbull RIPR

There has been another one on the market called RESET RIPR but I cant find any details on it.

rb

marry xmas and happy new year

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

• Guns: WE L85A2
    WE Glock 17 Gen4

• Loadouts: Contemporary British Army,
    Light weight belt set up,
    CBA Loadout (Jeans, hoody etc.)

• Sites: Regular site: Skirmish Airsoft, Mansfield.
    Visited: The Stan, Anzio, The Asylum, Brit-Tac Woodland, Tac-House, Free Fire Zone, Welbeck Academy, the list grows.
    See my YouTube channel for footage.
I don't think I fully understand what it even is...

Is it just a big battery that powers accessories? Or what?

Need AEG parts? Click here >> Major Airsoft! << Discount code Bullet4MyEnemy for 10% off. 

Find me on YouTube: Bullet4MyEnemy
forumfinal_zps326d20e3.jpg

Airsoft News & Review site: www.AirsoftOperator.com

CKinnerley

CKinnerley

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1729 posts
The rail has exposed contacts along it's length, so if you have the correct optic/PEQ box which can accept power input by that method instead of internal batteries, the idea is you can run everything via AA/AAA/CR123s loaded in to the quick-change pack near the magazine. Imagine tactical scalextric, and you're not too far off.

RESET make the real RIPR, far as I know though, it's not taken off in the real world on account of the fact it makes your rifle unwieldy and even heavier than it already is. Also a lack of companies making specific versions of their accessories to integrate with the system is sort of a killer. Considering how many 1000s of hours the batteries can last in RS red-dot optics I don't see the appeal myself, carry a spare set of cells for your light and laser designator and you're sorted without the extra bulk, weight and cost.

Edit: Also I'm pretty sure the power packs are shaped like a real magazine, so you can use it the same way as you would a RediMag/RediMod and just store extra ammo up there.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Big battery to power the gun accessories I think.
The idea is that changing the ripr mag changes the battery, not a bad idea but god its fugly

Tropic_Blunder

Tropic_Blunder

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

• Guns: HK416
    Sig P226
    M4 RIS
First time I've seen this and I have to admit its pretty nifty, kinda reminds me of the box mag for the p90. I guess as long as the connection is secure its a good idea for the people that get through more than on battery in a days gaming. Personally I have yet to burn through more than one battery as I'm not really a "spray and hope" kinda guy.

Maybe this is a good choice for a squad support weapon though!

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
maybe but a squad support gunner would probably be using an lmg, not an m4

CKinnerley

CKinnerley

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip