Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ICS L85

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
I dont think it will work. the l96 barrels use vsr 10 hop up buckings and are secured to the hop chamber in a different way

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

• Guns: WE L85A2
    WE Glock 17 Gen4

• Loadouts: Contemporary British Army,
    Light weight belt set up,
    CBA Loadout (Jeans, hoody etc.)

• Sites: Regular site: Skirmish Airsoft, Mansfield.
    Visited: The Stan, Anzio, The Asylum, Brit-Tac Woodland, Tac-House, Free Fire Zone, Welbeck Academy, the list grows.
    See my YouTube channel for footage.
What are the buckings? The little tube things that press into the rubber?

Or are the buckings the actual sleeve that goes around the barrel?

Need AEG parts? Click here >> Major Airsoft! << Discount code Bullet4MyEnemy for 10% off. 

Find me on YouTube: Bullet4MyEnemy
forumfinal_zps326d20e3.jpg

Airsoft News & Review site: www.AirsoftOperator.com

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
the bucking and rubber are the same thing
the 'little tube thing' is the nub

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

WE Glock 17 Gen4

Visited: The Stan, Anzio, The Asylum, Brit-Tac Woodland, Tac-House, Free Fire Zone, Welbeck Academy, the list grows.
So if the rubber sleeve is the 'bucking' why do people consistently talk about it in plural? There's only one rubber sleeve...

That's where my confusion has been this whole time.

Plus, I always thought that the nub was the part of the hop up rubber/sleeve/bucking that protruded into the barrel, not the part that pushed onto the protrusion from the other side to make it stick into the barrel.

But anyway, so are VSR buckings vastly different from AEG ones? How so? Longer? Fatter? Protruding bit in a different place in relation to either end?

If it doesn't fit I shall try VSR bucking and if that doesn't work I'll look into bodging it somehow.

If hop twist barrels are really as good as people make out then I might not even need the hop up to work, I'll just stick any old rubber sleeve around the end, bung up the hole in the barrel so it doesn't create an unwanted air pocket and then heat shrink it for an air seal or something.

If all that fails, I'll try to send it back and if I can't do that, I'll sell it on here with like, 10 knocked off (the barrel, not the hop parts). Assuming I've not sliced it to pieces or whatever.

I just googled "VSR bucking" and it looks just like the bucking I had in my R700, I ended up upgrading that with an AEG barrel and the stock bucking worked on that just fine. In fact I think it might've worked better with AEG bucking. So I see no reason why AEG bucking wouldn't work with a sniper barrel so long as it's fitted in an AEG.

I'm excited about trying it!

I just wish Fire-Support would send the damn stuff I ordered out to me, already! I ordered the barrel on boxing day FFS.

Need AEG parts? Click here >> Major Airsoft! << Discount code Bullet4MyEnemy for 10% off. 

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

WE Glock 17 Gen4

Ok so the TK barrel didn't work, but I got a madbull 6.03 instead and a madbull blue rubber and I think what I have now is basically a sniper rifle when I use .25s xD

I might buy an M130/40 spring and turn it into a DMR.

New question for the thread, I don't have a chronograph myself, can anyone tell me what the gun shoots at one all three tension settings with the stock M120 spring?
With .20s and .25s if you wouldn't mind?

I've been trying to find videos but they all seem to be based in the US and I'm sure that the UK version won't shoot over 400 on the highest tension, it's only an M120 spring, doesn't that mean 400 would be the highest? Though actually, an M120 ought to be at 400 under standard compression, so I guess if I up the tension then it's not impossible it'll be higher, I just want to know for sure before I take it.

I've set the gun up a few different ways and it works by far the best on the highest setting, so I need that setting to be 370fps or lower using .20s, or I'll have to lower the tension, and therefore the amazingness of my gun, to be able to use it. D=

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users