Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Real capacity magazines

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

• Guns: WE L85A2
    WE Glock 17 Gen4

• Loadouts: Contemporary British Army,
    Light weight belt set up,
    CBA Loadout (Jeans, hoody etc.)

• Sites: Regular site: Skirmish Airsoft, Mansfield.
    Visited: The Stan, Anzio, The Asylum, Brit-Tac Woodland, Tac-House, Free Fire Zone, Welbeck Academy, the list grows.
    See my YouTube channel for footage.
I think I have made a thread about this before but I couldn't find it for the life of me.

I'm trying to get some mags for my L85 but I can only find box sets of lows, not mids.

I've never been able to overload mid caps, I've usually struggled to actually fill them to their intended capacity, so I'm just wondering if I'd be able to squeeze about 34 or so rounds into a real cap meant for 30?

As I'd rather be able to actually fire a real cap amount and not 26 shots, with 4 left pointlessly sitting in the tube...

Anyone on here actually use lows? Just out of interest.

With my MP5 I bought mids and then loaded them with 34-6 shots as I didn't want to risk not being able to fit 34 into the real caps, but in this situation I can't find a box set of mids, so it looks like it'll have to either be a box set of lows, or buying mids individually at 15 a pop...

Need AEG parts? Click here >> Major Airsoft! << Discount code Bullet4MyEnemy for 10% off. 

Find me on YouTube: Bullet4MyEnemy
forumfinal_zps326d20e3.jpg

Airsoft News & Review site: www.AirsoftOperator.com

Da_sheriff

Da_sheriff

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

• Guns: G&G GR16 blowback with Umarex acog

• Loadouts: BDU/black, viper assault vest and gloves
redwolfairsoft have a box of magpul mids(75rnd i belive) at 39 last time i looked. which is pretty much the same price if you were to buy the ares box aswell.

I normally use mids with 30-40 rnds so that i dont drop ammo

EDIT: found the link
http://www.redwolfai...il?prodID=30415

but not 100% if they would work with your gun

Posted Image

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

WE Glock 17 Gen4

Visited: The Stan, Anzio, The Asylum, Brit-Tac Woodland, Tac-House, Free Fire Zone, Welbeck Academy, the list grows.
I'm not a fan of the Magpul design unfortunately, I just want ordinary stanags but I'd prefer them if they were marketed as L85 mags as a slight guarantee that they're more likely to work.

Finius said he uses Ares L85 magazines, so ideally I'm looking for a set of Ares L85 mids. Would be good if someone who has some real caps, could confirm whether or not they can contain 34+ rounds though, as then I'm happy to just get the lows I've found.

Need AEG parts? Click here >> Major Airsoft! << Discount code Bullet4MyEnemy for 10% off. 

joshcowin

joshcowin

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1147 posts

• Guns: we scar h aeg

• Loadouts: fbi type load out

• Sites: Maw,gfa
you would struggle to get 34 rounds in it but it would compress your spring then it would only feed 15 rounds.

i like my guns how i like my women,loud
My ops are so black not even i can see them

All the guns ive owned:uhc w700,src g36c,kwa 1911a1,g&g gr-16,Tm l96 aws,g&g cm-16,ics m16a3,ics m16 ras dmr,we glock 17,we scar l cqc, Ares aw338,

sr-25,we scar h aeg

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

WE Glock 17 Gen4

So I need to either make do with only getting 26 rounds off, or find some mid caps?

Alright then, thanks for the confirmation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users