Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Load-Out Pics

• Please log in to reply
2588 replies to this topic

SeniorSpaz87

SeniorSpaz87

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts

• Guns: TM VSR
    VFC PHX-15 SBR
    TM MP7
    WE-based G17 (custom)
    WA 1911
    VFC M&P 9mm x2
    WE G17
    WE XDM

• Loadouts: Kryptek Highlander
    Temperate Vegetato

• Sites: The Mall (UK)
    904 Tactical (Florida)
    Combat City (Florida)

If you're mounting the NOD behind an EOTech there's absolutely no requirement for an IR laser, you're just providing an aiming point for other NVG users to shoot at you. 

True. But this is just a placeholder setup. That is a real steel NV that is actually my grandfather's, costs around $4000. No way am I taking that to the field. My NVS that is on its way has just an IR light; I really wish there was a way to disable the laser on my current one. (I have taped the laser portion before, so that could be an answer). And my field I play on would be trigger's paradise; 98% of the people there are 15-16yo's who aren't very good at airsoft, but they are having fun (which is what's important); Ive been to two night games there and only one other person had NV; on a stock BAR 10 no less :D

SeniorSpaz87

SeniorSpaz87

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts

VFC PHX-15 SBR
    TM MP7
    WE-based G17 (custom)
    WA 1911
    VFC M&P 9mm x2
    WE G17
    WE XDM

Temperate Vegetato

904 Tactical (Florida)
    Combat City (Florida)

Spaz, I can't say I've seen that uniform in use around here, but looks ace!

One of my reasons for getting it. I have been in love with Kryptek's camos for years now, but I have only just been able to get my setup (wanted Typhon for The Mall). The bird's eye pattern blends in really well, and the pattern itself is great. Somehow I managed to make a large order from China with no real issues!

jcheeseright

jcheeseright

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3542 posts

• Guns: Systema PTW CQBR MAX2, TM MP7A1, GLOCK 17.

True. But this is just a placeholder setup. That is a real steel NV that is actually my grandfather's, costs around $4000. No way am I taking that to the field. My NVS that is on its way has just an IR light; I really wish there was a way to disable the laser on my current one. (I have taped the laser portion before, so that could be an answer). And my field I play on would be trigger's paradise; 98% of the people there are 15-16yo's who aren't very good at airsoft, but they are having fun (which is what's important); Ive been to two night games there and only one other person had NV; on a stock BAR 10 no less :D

Just get a lexan lens protector! Airsoft with proper night vision is great fun :-) I wouldn't absolutely recommend getting a helmet mount for it rather than the GG&G weapon mount you have now. That set up would be great for hog hunting, not so good for people hunting.

If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

SeniorSpaz87

SeniorSpaz87

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts

VFC PHX-15 SBR
    TM MP7
    WE-based G17 (custom)
    WA 1911
    VFC M&P 9mm x2
    WE G17
    WE XDM

Temperate Vegetato

904 Tactical (Florida)
    Combat City (Florida)

Oh, mine is an actual scope as well. I dont like head-mounting NV; and I know how much fun NV games can be (especially when no one else has it :P). 

jcheeseright

jcheeseright

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3542 posts

Oh, mine is an actual scope as well. I dont like head-mounting NV; and I know how much fun NV games can be (especially when no one else has it :P). 

The one your grandfather owns isn't a scope though, it's designed to be head mounted.  There's a reason every military that uses night vision head mounts it!

If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

SeniorSpaz87

SeniorSpaz87

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts

VFC PHX-15 SBR
    TM MP7
    WE-based G17 (custom)
    WA 1911
    VFC M&P 9mm x2
    WE G17
    WE XDM

Temperate Vegetato

904 Tactical (Florida)
    Combat City (Florida)

True. We both just prefer to have it weapon mounted co-witness with a sight. We are both pistol shooters (he is one of the best in the world) so NV head-mounted screws with our ability to transition to a pistol if needed. But you are correct; it was designed to be head mounted.

Hef Legend

Hef Legend

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

• Guns: 3 x TM Recoils, EdGi VSR, ASG M40a3, TM Hi-Capa, WE G17, Armourer works Hi-Capa, Krytac PDW

• Loadouts: Contractor
    Multicam
    OD

• Sites: EAG
    Fireball
    Zed Adventures

Well, my new kit is in, and looks great. Only issue is that I was sent the wrong shirt; Nomad instead of Highlander, like the rest of the uniform. But the two are so similar I am not going to bother replacing it. Love the camo, feels great, and is nice and cool (comparatively) for those blistering Florida days.

Also rocking my VFC XCR, which is sadly going to be retired soon. She's currently in night mode; with my XCortech all set up as well as a NVG optic co-witnessed with my Eotech 552 and an IR light/laser combo. For day battles the NVG is replaced with a 3x flip to side magnifier, and my GoPro(s) and Mobius are installed on the buffer tube and Eotech.

My custom VSR stock arrived today, so look out for some pics in the near future as well! :)

What NVG is that? 

"If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now."

ronin677

ronin677

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

• Guns: XM16E1
    A&K SVD
    GR16 M4
    L85A1
    MP40

• Loadouts: USMC Vietnam,
    Modern British,
    Russian 1970's
    and Sniper

• Sites: Skirmish Exeter

my new WWII load out :)

DSCF5031b_2.jpg

phpd587AkAM.jpg  السلام لسوريا

MandalShArK

MandalShArK

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

• Guns: G&P stoner
    king Arms FAL (Rhodesian)
    WE M16a1
    WE 1911
    Maruzen PPK
    AW DL-44

• Loadouts: Navy Seal Vietnam
    macv SOG
    Rhodesian Light infantry
    Rebel Alliance Pathfinder

• Sites: Battle Lakes
    Darkwater airsoft
My Rhodesian Light infantry and Navy SEAL stoner gunner loadouts.

Attached Files

Sacarathe

Sacarathe

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2647 posts

Is the IR laser the one which is really dangerous?

Thread title police.

SeniorSpaz87

SeniorSpaz87

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts

VFC PHX-15 SBR
    TM MP7
    WE-based G17 (custom)
    WA 1911
    VFC M&P 9mm x2
    WE G17
    WE XDM

Temperate Vegetato

904 Tactical (Florida)
    Combat City (Florida)

Is the IR laser the one which is really dangerous?

Possible... But considering it is mounted on my grandfathers AR that he uses for home defense/armadillo hunting. So if that laser is aimed at you I doubt radiation is your immediate concern... ;)

I have since received my scope, and have a IR torch on it. Different unit than the old one

Sacarathe

Sacarathe

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2647 posts

Possible... But considering it is mounted on my grandfathers AR that he uses for home defense/armadillo hunting. So if that laser is aimed at you I doubt radiation is your immediate concern... ;)

I have since received my scope, and have a IR torch on it. Different unit than the old one

I meant, is that the one which can blind you without any warning if you cannot see it.

Thread title police.

SeniorSpaz87

SeniorSpaz87

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts

VFC PHX-15 SBR
    TM MP7
    WE-based G17 (custom)
    WA 1911
    VFC M&P 9mm x2
    WE G17
    WE XDM

Temperate Vegetato

904 Tactical (Florida)
    Combat City (Florida)

I meant, is that the one which can blind you without any warning if you cannot see it.

Oh. Yes. Definitely. But I always covered the laser emitter; it was too dull to work as a beam, and the dot itself was always hard to find.

jcheeseright

jcheeseright

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3542 posts

Marginally more dangerous than a red laser, since it's invisible there's no blink reflex. That said, a class 1 IR laser is nominally eye safe in that short exposure will not cause any damage much like a class 1 red laser, staring into it isn't going to do you any good but what are the odds?

jcheeseright

jcheeseright

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3542 posts

The laser on that gun though is a Steiner DBAL-PL which is fitted with an eye safe class1 IR laser.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts

A few from a couple of weeks ago

13580436_10153773718646818_5777073972765

13613179_10153773719781818_6905753066196

13568850_10153773709996818_8967096602842

13613461_10153773710151818_7572765512609

Giliador

Giliador

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

• Guns: CM16 Raider
    Krytac SPR
    Specna Arms SA-V26

a big no no to skinnies and combat gear  :wacko:

TomC

TomC

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

• Guns: Tippman m4, WE P226 E2, WE G34, G&P m14 DMR recon

• Sites: Bristol Airsoft

What combat trousers are those M_P? Cryes?

13475089_1191996964165894_51855099738691

TeddyBhoy

TeddyBhoy

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

• Guns: TM 2.5 inch colt python, black
    ICS M4 RIS
    KJW P226R

• Loadouts: USMC Force Recon

• Sites: TW Woodland
    TW Annerley

a big no no to skinnies and combat gear  :wacko:

Funnily enough that thought must of been had by the Rangers and delta in Mogadishu

I Blog about Airsoft and Survival/Prepper things:

http://airsoftsurvival.com

Mack

Mack

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1169 posts

• Guns: TM Sopmod Block II M4
    Dboys Scar Mk17
    WE G17
    AA G17
    HK3 Px4

• Loadouts: MARSOC
    USSF

• Sites: Greenzone Combat Armagh

What combat trousers are those M_P? Cryes?

Think they are Semapo M81's

• M_P likes this

pmdgngxpilot.pngBoeing777_Banner_Pilot_zps560238d1.jpg

Instagram: @mack84

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users