Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Load-Out Pics

• Please log in to reply
2588 replies to this topic

jcheeseright

jcheeseright

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

• Guns: Systema PTW CQBR MAX2, TM MP7A1, GLOCK 17.

one of me from last weekend at Stirling Airsoft's OP: Grandstand:

0D839A1D-5423-4E3D-8241-69D29EDD89CC.jpg

and a line up of a few of the team's plate carriers:
DACDB53C-4D50-4C3B-A4B3-9F479D9B9163.jpg

If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

airsoftwarrior147

airsoftwarrior147

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

• Guns: vfc hk417 sniper
    asg l96
    ics/cybergun m4a1
    classic army mp5sd5
    kwa sig p226

• Loadouts: marine force recon in the making

• Sites: the grange

Crye. 

Fair enough, looked at them and they're only £160iah I think but is it worth it

CKinnerley

CKinnerley

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1728 posts

Well.. why do you think all those SEALs and SF and super leet ninjas use them for real world, getting-shot-with-real-bullets kinda stuff?

Personally, I think that because JPC is designed for jumping and seeing as you're probably not doing a HALO in to airsoft, then there's better options in terms of PCs which don't make certain compromises related to parachute ops.  However if one wants the look of the JPC then obviously there's only that option.  Though where you're seeing one for £160 I don't know as Tactical-Kit is asking £260 for the Crye original and that's quite the price gap. 

airsoftwarrior147

airsoftwarrior147

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

asg l96
    ics/cybergun m4a1
    classic army mp5sd5
    kwa sig p226

If I'm honest I'm not the biggest fan of them, but the loudout I plan on doing utilises them so

CKinnerley

CKinnerley

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1728 posts

I should highlight first that it's your money and you can do whatever you please, but if you don't like it, then why buy one?  Unlike being in the military, the beauty of airsoft is you can wear whatever the hell you like, the only thing that's a requirement is some decent eye pro.  Again, you can run whatever gear you like, but your current way of approaching things makes no sense to me personally.  You come across as if you feel somehow obliged or required to copy real life SF gear.  I don't wanna hate on that idea because it's obviously popular these days and people can dress however they like, but it's really, really far from the only way of doing things.

Lozart

Lozart

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3745 posts

• Guns: Custom M4
    CA MP5K
    G&G SCAR-L CQC
    TM HK45
    A&K M249 Para
    M14 EBR Mod1
    Specna Arms MK18

• Sites: The Mall, Reading
    Ironsight, Andover

Crye. 

Guess that depends on your definition of "affordable" :-)

airsoftwarrior147

airsoftwarrior147

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

asg l96
    ics/cybergun m4a1
    classic army mp5sd5
    kwa sig p226

I should highlight first that it's your money and you can do whatever you please, but if you don't like it, then why buy one?  Unlike being in the military, the beauty of airsoft is you can wear whatever the hell you like, the only thing that's a requirement is some decent eye pro.  Again, you can run whatever gear you like, but your current way of approaching things makes no sense to me personally.  You come across as if you feel somehow obliged or required to copy real life SF gear.  I don't wanna hate on that idea because it's obviously popular these days and people can dress however they like, but it's really, really far from the only way of doing things.

Fair enough, I guess I kinda do feel that way and feel a small need to conform but your right I might aswell get what I like if I'm going to be spending hundreds on the rig and gear.

SeniorSpaz87

SeniorSpaz87

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1149 posts

• Guns: TM VSR
    VFC PHX-15 SBR
    TM MP7
    WE-based G17 (custom)
    WA 1911
    VFC M&P 9mm x2
    WE G17
    WE XDM

• Loadouts: Kryptek Highlander
    Temperate Vegetato

• Sites: The Mall (UK)
    904 Tactical (Florida)
    Combat City (Florida)
My M4A1 (semi)build is now finished. Saying its a semi-build as the receiver, hand-guard, and gearbox were already together. Put a Rogers Super-Stoc on the back, mounted a few rails to the TRX rail, rewired it from deans to mini-Tamiya, replaced the old hop unit with a new one, added a Madbull Hutu, spliced it into the existing wiring, spliced in a switch, broke the switch which fried the Hutu ground wire, replaced the Hutu ground wire, spliced in a new switch, bolted it all down, took it apart again (due to the wiring preventing the magazine from seating), simplified the wiring, put it back together, and it's working well now.

Airsoft_Mr B

Airsoft_Mr B

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1723 posts

• Guns: CYMA M4, WE G17

• Loadouts: MARPAT
    AUSCAM (DPCU)

• Sites: Halo Mill
    Alpha One
    F&O Khe Sanh
"Affordable"

SeniorSpaz87

SeniorSpaz87

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1149 posts

• Guns: TM VSR
    VFC PHX-15 SBR
    TM MP7
    WE-based G17 (custom)
    WA 1911
    VFC M&P 9mm x2
    WE G17
    WE XDM

• Loadouts: Kryptek Highlander
    Temperate Vegetato

• Sites: The Mall (UK)
    904 Tactical (Florida)
    Combat City (Florida)

"Affordable"

?

Airsoft_Mr B

Airsoft_Mr B

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1723 posts

• Guns: CYMA M4, WE G17

• Loadouts: MARPAT
    AUSCAM (DPCU)

• Sites: Halo Mill
    Alpha One
    F&O Khe Sanh
Sorry I'm on phone was replying to the JPC post thought it was the latest one. Very nice rifle btw

CKinnerley

CKinnerley

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1728 posts

Fair enough, I guess I kinda do feel that way and feel a small need to conform but your right I might aswell get what I like if I'm going to be spending hundreds on the rig and gear.

I would say 'might as well' is probably an under-statement in that context.

airsoftwarrior147

airsoftwarrior147

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

asg l96
    ics/cybergun m4a1
    classic army mp5sd5
    kwa sig p226

I would say 'might as well' is probably an under-statement in that context.

I suppose so, jeez since when did the voice of reason ever work?

Thanks for your help ck

CKinnerley

CKinnerley

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1728 posts

Just highlighting some different ways to look at things is all.  More people always lurk forums than post on them, so pointing out these things can be at least useful to a lot of folks.  I don't wanna tell anyone what sort of loadout they should run end of the day, but I don't think it ever hurts to give people more different potential options for potential consideration (apart from just the common ones seen online that is).

Samurai

Samurai

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1275 posts

• Guns: Compact Precision Rifle
    Bar-10
    G3
    Mp5k
    MK23

• Sites: Strikeforce Badlands

I travel light.

If more mags are needed, I have a simple chest rig, and if it's a whole day non-stop game, I add a small backpack too.

Attached Files

ForestFighter

ForestFighter

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

• Guns: ICS AK74
    Cybergun M5906 (MK22 Mod 0 Hush Puppy Project)

Baby's First Russian Loadout

(I don't have a mirror big enough to take a photo of myself wearing it and I'm still waiting for some MAG midcaps, but there ya go.)

Attached Files

Bottledtorment

Bottledtorment

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

• Guns: G&P MK18
    Well MB-01
    Umarex G36KVA1
    G&G CM16
    ASG Short shotgun

• Loadouts: Depends on site and gameplay
    (mostly JPC/AVS, Gen2 trousers and a Airframe)

• Sites: Combat Ready Airsoft (Crafty's)

In my opinion I think the JPC is a cracking piece of kit especially for skinny fecks like me. Having a 33' chest most (all) plate carriers have a lot of movement in them which makes them bounce like a pair of double D's when I run in them. The JPC however is tight enough to allow the carrier to conform tightly to the body with the choice of space which is lost with a chest rig. The inbuilt mag pouches allow for a thinner and lighter mission profile than other Carriers which often make people into the michellin man and in my opinion the skeletal system is a brilliant idea as it allows the user to draw sidearms without the issue of bashing kit on the way down and up.

Just my thoughts.

CKinnerley

CKinnerley

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1728 posts

It depends on the features one wants and how much said person wants to spend.  I've got a Crye JPC here that a friend lent me and it's a nice, light little rig, but to my mind it has a lot of disadvantages and he's selling it to pay for the FirstSpear/SKD STT PC he just bought to upgrade from it.  I don't wanna list out a load of bad points because it'll seem like bashing, but comparing it to the PCs I have now and the many I've owned and used over the years I don't find it to be particularly great personally.  What it was, was innovative and at the time it was released it was waaaay ahead of the game and really set a standard (as crye did with the combat shirt), but right now, it's quite a bit behind the leading manufacturers technology and design wise.  Does that really matter in airsoft?  No of course, but there are better options on the market, IMHO.  There are plenty out there which will size down tight  and I'm only a 34-35" chest on a fat day so I've gone through many, many PCs to find ones that fit over the last 7 years or so.  The bulk/drawing from a belt issue is down to pouch placement primarily, but again, plenty of other options on the market which are low profile and won't get in the way of your belt mounted kit while having various other advantageous features as well.

If people like 'em then that's cool, there are far, far worse designs about and compared to the Mk4 Ospreys I see so often in game I'd recommend the JPC to anyone every time.  But again, different strokes as always.

Bottledtorment

Bottledtorment

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

• Guns: G&P MK18
    Well MB-01
    Umarex G36KVA1
    G&G CM16
    ASG Short shotgun

• Loadouts: Depends on site and gameplay
    (mostly JPC/AVS, Gen2 trousers and a Airframe)

• Sites: Combat Ready Airsoft (Crafty's)
Reply (it's the post above)

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against other plate carriers. I just prefer the cut and style of the JPC. I do see downfalls in the JPC design for example if adding a shingle to the front panel the integrated pouch tends to yawn open and the stock shoulder straps are a bit unforgiving but no plate carrier is perfect. In my eyes I see the JPC to fit my criteria Light, Airy and able to be changed to suit my needs (I.e CQB/Woodlannd . Weekender or Milsim/Skirmish) whilst not slowing me down or restricting movement.

TL;DR people have choices and I completely accept that and can see merits and flaws in most designs.

PT247

PT247

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2536 posts

• Guns: KJW KC-02, Krytac SPR, PDW & SDP, TM VSR G-Spec, Mk23 & G27.

• Loadouts: whatever is comfortable

• Sites: Dogtag Airsoft - Holmbush

Please excuse the "in my livingroom being all tacticool" pics and the fact the kit still has tags on (best to try things on before removing them when trying a new brand).

UF PRO Striker XT trousers and shirt, Striker jacket and baseball cap all in Slocam. Condor Tactical Ronin chest rig in olive. British Army DPM grenade bandelier. Helicon M4 pouches in Polish Woodland. Mechanix gloves. Rather filthy Magnum boots. WE R5C GBBR and PTS RM4 ERG CQB.

11042673_10152651329936820_7955218299126

11008612_10152651329231820_4628188694203

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users