Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Member Again

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Nickona

Nickona

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2454 posts

• Guns: Vektor R4
    Vektor Z88
    P226R

• Loadouts: African Merc
    SADF Infantry
    SADF Recce
    SANDF
    In progress:
    Rhodesian Army
    SANDF MONUSCO

• Sites: Xsite Lane End
    RIFT Com's Site 3
    IronSight Airsoft
well TBH there are different types of airsoft. The one a lot of people play is MilSim or try to get close to that. Thats the one where you try to look and do everything like the real military but without the death bit.
However, there are lots of people who just turn up and play for the fun but the main thing in airsoft is the gun so its worth getting a good one or one that feels right. Because they're based on real guns there are lots of different shapes and sizes which you need to think about and different guns are good for different types of play and they don't all shoot 50m, some more some less, some shoot bbs quick some slow etc etc

If you need a team or any patch deigns.. drop me a PM!!

Fire Team Zulu
Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
And our YouTube Channel

Top Cat

Top Cat

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

well TBH there are different types of airsoft. The one a lot of people play is MilSim or try to get close to that. Thats the one where you try to look and do everything like the real military but without the death bit.
However, there are lots of people who just turn up and play for the fun but the main thing in airsoft is the gun so its worth getting a good one or one that feels right. Because they're based on real guns there are lots of different shapes and sizes which you need to think about and different guns are good for different types of play and they don't all shoot 50m, some more some less, some shoot bbs quick some slow etc etc

Cheers for that... but I suppose, as the levels of actually doing tactics and fighty things increase, as do the 'playing along' factors which are what I'm not feeling. Do you really get any more military-ism on walk on days than a day at paintball or is it much the same situation?

I'm really just a little sceptical on spending 200 on a toy gun. I suppose yes it is the equipment of the hobby, so no different to spending it on any other piece of equipment for a hobby... but still, I can't help it!

I think coming and doing a few games with a rental weapon is a good plan to see what I think. Would you take another in the car next time you go for a game? I'll obviously pay my share of fuel. I'm up for being open minded and seeing what I think of it.
Casual Browser.
Ex-Infantry and considering Airsoft as a fun sport and revisit to cold wet afternoons in a field.
Be nice to me and I might join in!
----------------------------------------
Also selling a Peli 1660 in Olive Drab paint job. Ideal for transporting your team's weapons and kit securely and with the ultimate protection to the kit. Completely waterproof and abuse-proof. http://www.airsoft-f...8005#entry55273

Nickona

Nickona

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2454 posts

• Guns: Vektor R4
    Vektor Z88
    P226R

• Loadouts: African Merc
    SADF Infantry
    SADF Recce
    SANDF
    In progress:
    Rhodesian Army
    SANDF MONUSCO

• Sites: Xsite Lane End
    RIFT Com's Site 3
    IronSight Airsoft
well I did some working out a while ago about paintabll (as i used to paintball) and airsoft works out a lot cheaper in the long run.
and yes some milsim people do go on walk ons but no one will have a go if you don't go full milsim as long as you play the game properly. but the advantage is you don't get a bunch of kids running around like you at paintball (which is why I moved)

as for transport will have to see as transport varies a lot
where abouts in Oxon are you?

If you need a team or any patch deigns.. drop me a PM!!

Fire Team Zulu
Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
And our YouTube Channel

Top Cat

Top Cat

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

well I did some working out a while ago about paintabll (as i used to paintball) and airsoft works out a lot cheaper in the long run.
and yes some milsim people do go on walk ons but no one will have a go if you don't go full milsim as long as you play the game properly. but the advantage is you don't get a bunch of kids running around like you at paintball (which is why I moved)

as for transport will have to see as transport varies a lot
where abouts in Oxon are you?

Yeah the reason I looked at airsoft over paintball is the cost, ammunition obviously being substantially cheaper. And if/when I do buy a gun, obviously it's only a small amount per month for a bag of BBs and a walk-on or 2. I'd also quite like to do some of the bigger scenario based games and what not that go on now and then at the FIBUA villages and what not, and I suppose they need your own.

I'm near Didcot, by the way.
Casual Browser.
Ex-Infantry and considering Airsoft as a fun sport and revisit to cold wet afternoons in a field.
Be nice to me and I might join in!
----------------------------------------
Also selling a Peli 1660 in Olive Drab paint job. Ideal for transporting your team's weapons and kit securely and with the ultimate protection to the kit. Completely waterproof and abuse-proof. http://www.airsoft-f...8005#entry55273

Armourer

Armourer

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

• Guns: G&G - CM16 Carbine

• Loadouts: British Issue DP95 Combat Uniform
As a new person to the hobby, i can say it's not cheap to start.
I just spent 150 on rifle and face protection but i'm really happy with my rifle.

And with the like model trains, i think it's just a case of people spending a lot of money on their rifles, upgrading them and adding parts. It's like modding a car. They're proud of their rifles and want to show them off and be admired for the money and work they put in.

I'm hoping to go to Milsim in a year or two (when i hit 18). Applying for Stirling Airsoft which are quite serious Milsim guys. But until then, i'm going to turn up as often as i can with my money and have a laugh and a giggle while doing something which i love.
Alastair
Pets
Male - Captive bred 2011 - Butter Morph - Corn Snake
Coming Soon - Female - Captive bred 2011 - Normal Morph - Royal Python
Airsoft
G&G AEG CM16 Carbine - Two Tone Green

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users