Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

L85, a journey... By Airsoft Ed. :P

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

CKinnerley

CKinnerley

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1729 posts
Not to teach you to suck or eggs anything, but just to double check, you are aware that using heavier BBs to bring the FPS down isn't acceptable for skirmish use?

Nickona

Nickona

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2454 posts

• Guns: Vektor R4
    Vektor Z88
    P226R

• Loadouts: African Merc
    SADF Infantry
    SADF Recce
    SANDF
    In progress:
    Rhodesian Army
    SANDF MONUSCO

• Sites: Xsite Lane End
    RIFT Com's Site 3
    IronSight Airsoft

Not to teach you to suck or eggs anything, but just to double check, you are aware that using heavier BBs to bring the FPS down isn't acceptable for skirmish use?

we were mainly using that to sort the hop out. any other ideas?

If you need a team or any patch deigns.. drop me a PM!!

Fire Team Zulu
Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
And our YouTube Channel

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

• Guns: WE L85A2
    WE Glock 17 Gen4

• Loadouts: Contemporary British Army,
    Light weight belt set up,
    CBA Loadout (Jeans, hoody etc.)

• Sites: Regular site: Skirmish Airsoft, Mansfield.
    Visited: The Stan, Anzio, The Asylum, Brit-Tac Woodland, Tac-House, Free Fire Zone, Welbeck Academy, the list grows.
    See my YouTube channel for footage.
@CKinnerley My site's limit is 370fps, so I wouldn't be breaking any rules or anything by having it set at that with .20s and then using .25s to bring the FPS down, I only want to lower the FPS because the hop twist barrel I'm planning on buying needs the fps below 330 to work effectively, I'm not trying to hide the fact it's a hot weapon or anything.

But anyway, just done a few thorough tests and I've found that the hop design is just weird and the wheel only rotates clockwise and can't be turned back on itself, so if you miss the sweet spot, you have to spin it through the whole range of hop ons and hop offs to get it to where you want, does that make sense?
It was confusing me last night because spinning the wheel to what I thought was 'hop off' kept putting more hop on, it's just that I had to keep turning it to get it to go off...

It's a damn annoying design but I've got my shots doing what I want now so it's all good. Finius has suggested buying a madbull blue rubber and finding a stronger spring for the hop arm as the stock one is apparently pathetically weak. That should also solve my double feeding issues apparently.

Your mags are still giving me grief though Nick, I won't burden you with asking for a refund or anything, but they keep double stacking in the tube inside the mag and then getting jammed in before they reach the mag's lips, they'll work for maybe 10 shots max, then I have to take them out, ram a screw driver into them until the jam sorts itself out and then keep going, it's rather annoying.

Still, there's tiniest of chances it might just be that they don't like the gun for some reason.

I've asked Finius what mags he uses, so I'm going to sell yours on through the gear section and buy a set that I know will work.

Need AEG parts? Click here >> Major Airsoft! << Discount code Bullet4MyEnemy for 10% off. 

Find me on YouTube: Bullet4MyEnemy
forumfinal_zps326d20e3.jpg

Airsoft News & Review site: www.AirsoftOperator.com

Nickona

Nickona

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2454 posts

Vektor Z88
    P226R

SADF Infantry
    SADF Recce
    SANDF
    In progress:
    Rhodesian Army
    SANDF MONUSCO

RIFT Com's Site 3
    IronSight Airsoft

Your mags are still giving me grief though Nick, I won't burden you with asking for a refund or anything, but they keep double stacking in the tube inside the mag and then getting jammed in before they reach the mag's lips, they'll work for maybe 10 shots max, then I have to take them out, ram a screw driver into them until the jam sorts itself out and then keep going, it's rather annoying.
Still, there's tiniest of chances it might just be that they don't like the gun for some reason.

Yea they did that when i tried it on my friends but then on someone elses they were fine? may be the fact they're M4 not SA80 mags although that shouldn't matter. I think they might just not like your gun cus thats what i said in the bit below the sales post.
oh BTW the rail, I cannot seem to line it up eith the holes, just been usinf one hole and then the laser pressure elastic to hold it in place so its not big deal but do you need to do anything to them?

Thanks Nick, oh and any pics of the new gun?

Fire Team Zulu
And our YouTube Channel

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

WE Glock 17 Gen4

Visited: The Stan, Anzio, The Asylum, Brit-Tac Woodland, Tac-House, Free Fire Zone, Welbeck Academy, the list grows.
I'll upload some pics once I've got it all sexed up with RIS and everything, which will hopefully be done by late January.

Regarding the rail, everything I had to do with it I sent you in the package, there are two kinds of standard M4 handguard, they have different spacing for the holes. The only thing I can really suggest is drilling through the handguard to make another hole you can use, or see if you can't just squeeze the bolts around the existing holes.
Failing that, you could go to a local shop and see if you can find examples of how handguards can have two different hole spacings and then buy one of the ones it will fit onto.

It was a pretty tight fit on my M16 as well but the site said it was for an M4 so I never expected it to fit anyway, even though it did. I just never had anything to attach to it so it ended up getting left in the back of my airsoft cupboard lol.

Need AEG parts? Click here >> Major Airsoft! << Discount code Bullet4MyEnemy for 10% off. 

Nickona

Nickona

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2454 posts

Vektor Z88
    P226R

SADF Infantry
    SADF Recce
    SANDF
    In progress:
    Rhodesian Army
    SANDF MONUSCO

RIFT Com's Site 3
    IronSight Airsoft
nice, how long until it is "sexed up"?

i've probs got the wrong hand gurad but never mind its working fine atm so i'll leave it

Fire Team Zulu
And our YouTube Channel

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

WE Glock 17 Gen4

Well right now it's just a standard L85A2, I can't afford the ACOG mount, the RIS, the vert. grip bi-pod or a lipo battery kit until after January 3rd, which is meant to be when my next loan installment comes through. If it doesn't come through then, I'm probably going to starve to death before February, but yeah...

As soon as I get the loan I'm going to get all that stuff, though I can't order the mount until the 16th, as that's when the shop reopens and I'm also planning on getting a hop twist barrel as mentioned above, but for that I'll have to wait until Firesupport restock, so I can't give an exact date, but HOPEFULLY, it'll be before February.

Nickona

Nickona

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2454 posts

Vektor Z88
    P226R

SADF Infantry
    SADF Recce
    SANDF
    In progress:
    Rhodesian Army
    SANDF MONUSCO

RIFT Com's Site 3
    IronSight Airsoft
okay nice, the topic i linked he has the mount on there

Fire Team Zulu
And our YouTube Channel

CKinnerley

CKinnerley

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1729 posts

@CKinnerley My site's limit is 370fps, so I wouldn't be breaking any rules or anything by having it set at that with .20s and then using .25s to bring the FPS down, I only want to lower the FPS because the hop twist barrel I'm planning on buying needs the fps below 330 to work effectively, I'm not trying to hide the fact it's a hot weapon or anything.

Yeah no worries, I'm sure you weren't trying anything malicious. I just think it's worth mentioning this sort of thing for all the lurkers and non-posters that come on to airsoft forums and might not be aware of the issues.

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

WE Glock 17 Gen4

No harm done, I hadn't thought about giving the wrong impression to non-members. I'll be more careful in future.

Nickona

Nickona

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2454 posts

Vektor Z88
    P226R

SADF Infantry
    SADF Recce
    SANDF
    In progress:
    Rhodesian Army
    SANDF MONUSCO

RIFT Com's Site 3
    IronSight Airsoft

No harm done, I hadn't thought about giving the wrong impression to non-members. I'll be more careful in future.

haha c'mon ed you're a veteran now :) you must guide the newbies along to achieve airsofting goodness! :)
(or ask Finius about a good animal sacrifice)

Fire Team Zulu
And our YouTube Channel

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

WE Glock 17 Gen4

I don't think he is a newbie lol, probably has more experience than me, just less to show for it on these forums.

Nickona

Nickona

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2454 posts

Vektor Z88
    P226R

SADF Infantry
    SADF Recce
    SANDF
    In progress:
    Rhodesian Army
    SANDF MONUSCO

RIFT Com's Site 3
    IronSight Airsoft

I don't think he is a newbie lol, probably has more experience than me, just less to show for it on these forums.

I wasn't refering to Chris, he's like an airsoft God! was refering to the non-members and such mentioned before :D
oh BTW, A-TACS on my shotgun, good or bad?

Fire Team Zulu
And our YouTube Channel

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

WE Glock 17 Gen4

As in camo?

I don't think it's necessary on a CQB weapon, I don't like camouflaging guns as it is tbh.

Nickona

Nickona

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2454 posts

Vektor Z88
    P226R

SADF Infantry
    SADF Recce
    SANDF
    In progress:
    Rhodesian Army
    SANDF MONUSCO

RIFT Com's Site 3
    IronSight Airsoft

As in camo?

I don't think it's necessary on a CQB weapon, I don't like camouflaging guns as it is tbh.

yea, I'm doing my M4 so would match :) only the grip and pump handle

but don't want to go off topic, I've got a whole topic on my gun camo :D

Fire Team Zulu
And our YouTube Channel

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

WE Glock 17 Gen4

Off topic? Bah!

I'm epically happy right now, I can't sit still because I'm so excited about awesome-ing up my L85, can't wait for it to be all awesome and railed, ACOGd and grippodded to the max, with a twist barrel and all that jazz...

Annnddd, I've just had someone offer me a practically new G&P M16A3 in exchange for my KJW M700, I've always wanted another M16 since I got rid of my GBBR. If this swap deal goes ahead the M16'll be my... 6th gun in only 13 months of airsofting xD I think I have an addiction.
I even got my brother the two guns he's been through, so technically I've had 8. Never owning more than 4 at a time. That's got to be some sort of record.

Nickona

Nickona

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2454 posts

Vektor Z88
    P226R

SADF Infantry
    SADF Recce
    SANDF
    In progress:
    Rhodesian Army
    SANDF MONUSCO

RIFT Com's Site 3
    IronSight Airsoft
could use my mags on the M16 :)
but sounds like a good swap

Fire Team Zulu
And our YouTube Channel

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

WE Glock 17 Gen4

Cost wise I'm being slightly ripped off, I'm swapping 360 worth of stuff for about 330 worth of stuff, but I'm keeping my scope, otherwise it'd be 430 to 330, plus then I can put it on my brother's M14, assuming he ever buys as damn mount lol.

I'm happy with it though, I've always missed having an M16 since I sold my last one and I think that for me, AEGs are just more usable. I've hardly used my sniper, I think I bought it more for the aesthetics, 'cos it looks god damn awesome, I wish I had a better camera so I could show it off more, it turned everyone's head in the safe zone whenever I took it out, but also because it was the only type of gun apart from support that I hadn't owned at least one of yet lol.

But when you're using it, you really need to have an AEG as a back up at the sniper just weighs too much for that to be comfortable or even possible at all.

So roll on the M16 =D

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

WE Glock 17 Gen4

Made my first upgrade purchase just now, finally found somewhere with twist barrels in stock so I ordered immediately, I heard they might've been discontinued or something?

They seem incredibly illusive either way.

But yeah, due to arrive in 15-18 days, so I may well go mad with stress waiting for it to arrive and imagining all the things that might go wrong on the way... Plus, it cost $80 or so, any idea what the charges are going to be on it?

It's coming from Hong Kong if that's any help.

Also the shop I ordered from I've never heard of before - Maybe a decision I'll live to regret - Scopesandlasers.com/net? Anyone know anything about them?

Nickona

Nickona

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2454 posts

Vektor Z88
    P226R

SADF Infantry
    SADF Recce
    SANDF
    In progress:
    Rhodesian Army
    SANDF MONUSCO

RIFT Com's Site 3
    IronSight Airsoft
this might be worth a look for parts

http://forums.zeroin...-amp-15-mid-low

Fire Team Zulu
And our YouTube Channel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users