Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Battery holding PEQ boxes

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

• Guns: WE L85A2
    WE Glock 17 Gen4

• Loadouts: Contemporary British Army,
    Light weight belt set up,
    CBA Loadout (Jeans, hoody etc.)

• Sites: Regular site: Skirmish Airsoft, Mansfield.
    Visited: The Stan, Anzio, The Asylum, Brit-Tac Woodland, Tac-House, Free Fire Zone, Welbeck Academy, the list grows.
    See my YouTube channel for footage.
I'm planning on getting an ICS M4 with RIS at some point soon but because of the RIS it has a totally enormous PEQ box that fits a large type and aside from it not even being a real PEQ, I think it looks miles too big.

So I'm just wondering if there's a replica, fake PEQ box that's smaller (like BF3 laser type size) and are there any batteries I could fit into it without having to take a dive in performance?

Or alternately, might nun-chuck style batteries fit into the gun's RIS? 'Cos that'd be miles better.

Need AEG parts? Click here >> Major Airsoft! << Discount code Bullet4MyEnemy for 10% off. 

Find me on YouTube: Bullet4MyEnemy
forumfinal_zps326d20e3.jpg

Airsoft News & Review site: www.AirsoftOperator.com

Cerbo Knight

Cerbo Knight

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

• Guns: Cyma/TM M14, WA M4, Tanaka M40, VFC Scar-L, WA 1911 Marsoc /w Prime kit, Shuey custom Glock17

• Loadouts: DPM
    OD RAV
Stick it in the stock tube :D then take advantage of ICS's quick change upper and not get bogged down with wires
Ask me about general tech problems, I'm happy to help most of the time ;) I'm decent with AEGs, but my speciality is snipers, that being AEG, spring and gas. I'm quite good with GBBR systems too, WA especially.

Ask me about your Tanaka/KJW bolt action problems!
Here's a link to my M40 takedown guide, works for M700's too!

'No.' - Yotsuba, 47:17

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

WE Glock 17 Gen4

Visited: The Stan, Anzio, The Asylum, Brit-Tac Woodland, Tac-House, Free Fire Zone, Welbeck Academy, the list grows.
Will a battery fit in the stock tube? I want to keep the LE stock, which is why I'm asking about the PEQ boxes.

Need AEG parts? Click here >> Major Airsoft! << Discount code Bullet4MyEnemy for 10% off. 

Nickona

Nickona

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2454 posts

• Guns: Vektor R4
    Vektor Z88
    P226R

• Loadouts: African Merc
    SADF Infantry
    SADF Recce
    SANDF
    In progress:
    Rhodesian Army
    SANDF MONUSCO

• Sites: Xsite Lane End
    RIFT Com's Site 3
    IronSight Airsoft
you can get RIS which hold mini type batteries inside. the only difference between mini type and large is the mah but a mini will easily last a whole day

If you need a team or any patch deigns.. drop me a PM!!

Fire Team Zulu
Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
And our YouTube Channel

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

WE Glock 17 Gen4

I know but I'm getting the model that comes with RIS because it's cheaper and the RIS isn't big enough to fit a battery in.

Or at least I assume not as a PEQ box is supplied to fit a large type battery.

Once I've got the gun it might turn out a nun-chuck battery will fit in the RIS, but for now I just want to know if there's a more realistically sized fake PEQ battery box?

TPI

TPI

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

• Loadouts: GroundBreaker

• Sites: Highland Tactical Airsoft
Ye their are but they come with built in lasers and ill buy that PEQ from ya if you want as i have been looking to doing a light and laser peq that can hold my batt aswell

I'm Craig, God's Boss!
FeedBack

Nickona

Nickona

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2454 posts

Vektor Z88
    P226R

SADF Infantry
    SADF Recce
    SANDF
    In progress:
    Rhodesian Army
    SANDF MONUSCO

RIFT Com's Site 3
    IronSight Airsoft
IMO Peq boxes look horrible most of the time

Fire Team Zulu
And our YouTube Channel

Cerbo Knight

Cerbo Knight

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

• Guns: Cyma/TM M14, WA M4, Tanaka M40, VFC Scar-L, WA 1911 Marsoc /w Prime kit, Shuey custom Glock17

• Loadouts: DPM
    OD RAV
I know TM stock tubes will fit Lipo batts, not sure about ICS but I see no reason why it wouldn't.

Can you link the ICS M4 in question? If I'm thinking of the right one, the PEQ box is modelled after a PEQ-2 which is fine in terms of realism.
Ask me about general tech problems, I'm happy to help most of the time ;) I'm decent with AEGs, but my speciality is snipers, that being AEG, spring and gas. I'm quite good with GBBR systems too, WA especially.

Ask me about your Tanaka/KJW bolt action problems!
Here's a link to my M40 takedown guide, works for M700's too!

'No.' - Yotsuba, 47:17

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

WE Glock 17 Gen4

It's this one Cerbo: http://www.fire-supp...airsoft-gun-aeg

I don't have it yet Craig, but if I find an alternate battery solution I'll send you the PEQ box if you really want it.

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

• Guns: ICS L85, ICS M4, CYMA AK105, TM G36c, A&K M249 Para, WE MP5A5, FNX .45, KJW P226.

• Loadouts: UK Police and Contemporary British Army kit.

• Sites: Gunman Eversley
    Red 1 Airsoft - The School
    Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall
That looks like the PEQ box...that Cerbo gave me with my 416..its fine, you can fit a mini in there if not two minis!! :)

It's ares, it'll be ok...

for 5 minutes :lol:

Posted Image

Hibernator

Hibernator

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

• Guns: ICS M4: CQB, CASV, Diablo, Tsunami. TM M14 DMR, P90
The PEQ box is big, but as already said it's a PEQ2 and pretty much the same as the real one.

You can get much smaller PEQ boxes. The PEQ15 or the PEQ16 are the smallest I've seen. They will only fit Lipo batteries. If you're going lipo anyway, there's a good chance you can get one that will fit under the RIS rather than needing a box at all.

Here's a pic of my ICS M4 CQB with folding stock and PEQ16:

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's a bit chunky on the very short RIS, but will look smaller on a full length!

Pic of the 2 PEQ boxes together: PEQ16 and PEQ15

Posted Image

Both boxes hold a 1300mah 7.4v lipo. I swap them over halfway through the day to make sure I don't run out of power.

The other alternative is to run a lipo in the stock tube, but you will need a rear wired M4 otherwise you'll have to rewire it yourself. Then you'll need to do a bit of modding to the stock tube unless you buy an ICS crane stock.

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

WE Glock 17 Gen4

That's the kind of thing I was thinking about yeah, thanks. Do they actually function as PEQ boxes as well as holding batteries, or are they just battery shells?

Since you've brought up lipos though, and how they might just fit in the RIS anyway, that sounds like it might be quite a good route to go down instead...

I've heard that lower voltage and ampage lipos will equate to the same as a regular battery of a much higher voltage and ampage, so is there a lipo I can get that will perform the same as an 8.4v regular battery and that won't damage the gun or blow a fuse?

I don't mind what the life's like 'cos I don't feel that having to switch batteries half way through the day is a problem, never really understood why anyone ever moans about it...

Hibernator

Hibernator

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

You can get them that function as both, but that obviously limits the space for the battery. Lasers look cool but aren't particularly useful. Especially for woodland play, so it's debatable whether you need one.

If you stick to a 7.4v lipo then you won't effect the gun in any way. Depending on the battery it'll give somewhere around the same performance as an 8.4v or 9.6v nimh battery. I find mine are somewhere in between.

Check out component-shop.co.uk for decent lipos. Make sure you get a good charger!

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

WE Glock 17 Gen4

Alright, thanks Hibernator, you are quite definitely my favourite addition to the forums, why didn't you join sooner? Lol.

TPI

TPI

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

• Loadouts: GroundBreaker

• Sites: Highland Tactical Airsoft
Yea he would have just you take up too much room and i posted the parts for the stock this morning.

I'm Craig, God's Boss!
FeedBack

Hibernator

Hibernator

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

:)

Just trying to help a fellow ICS fan :) There's a lot of rubbish posted on forums about ICS guns and incompatibility - mainly from people that don't own them!

I'm not saying they are the easiest guns to accessorise, but there isn't much a dremel and a file can't sort out :) The only thing I've never managed to get on mine properly is a none ICS pistol grip. I know it can be done with a lot of filing, but I've never bothered. For everything else, there's usually a way!

The split gearbox makes them an absolute dream to work on, plus you get the ability to change FPS in seconds to suit different site rules! Great bits of kit!

Nickona

Nickona

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2454 posts

Vektor Z88
    P226R

SADF Infantry
    SADF Recce
    SANDF
    In progress:
    Rhodesian Army
    SANDF MONUSCO

RIFT Com's Site 3
    IronSight Airsoft

:)

Just trying to help a fellow ICS fan :) There's a lot of rubbish posted on forums about ICS guns and incompatibility - mainly from people that don't own them!

I'm not saying they are the easiest guns to accessorise, but there isn't much a dremel and a file can't sort out :) The only thing I've never managed to get on mine properly is a none ICS pistol grip. I know it can be done with a lot of filing, but I've never bothered. For everything else, there's usually a way!

The split gearbox makes them an absolute dream to work on, plus you get the ability to change FPS in seconds to suit different site rules! Great bits of kit!

as i own an ICS also do you know any RIs rails that'll hold a battery inside?
also I need a silencer, not a good one mainly for looks

thanks

Fire Team Zulu
And our YouTube Channel

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

WE Glock 17 Gen4

Yea he would have just you take up too much room and i posted the parts for the stock this morning.

That's awesome Craig, thanks a lot.

Hibernator

Hibernator

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

as i own an ICS also do you know any RIs rails that'll hold a battery inside?
also I need a silencer, not a good one mainly for looks

thanks

Don't know any that will fit a nimh battery. Although I think the SIR set may fit a mini, but don't quote me :) There's a lot less space inside a RIS than a normal handguard, so it's mainly only lipos that will fit. But you'll find that with most M4s, not just ICS ones!

As for silencers, anything with a 14mm ccw (sometimes called "negative") thread will fit an ICS. So any chinese cheapy one will do, I have a couple of Element ones on mine.

Nickona

Nickona

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2454 posts

Vektor Z88
    P226R

SADF Infantry
    SADF Recce
    SANDF
    In progress:
    Rhodesian Army
    SANDF MONUSCO

RIFT Com's Site 3
    IronSight Airsoft

Don't know any that will fit a nimh battery. Although I think the SIR set may fit a mini, but don't quote me :) There's a lot less space inside a RIS than a normal handguard, so it's mainly only lipos that will fit. But you'll find that with most M4s, not just ICS ones!

As for silencers, anything with a 14mm ccw (sometimes called "negative") thread will fit an ICS. So any chinese cheapy one will do, I have a couple of Element ones on mine.

okay thanks a lot!

Fire Team Zulu
And our YouTube Channel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users