Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

sig p226 gas pistol

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Farley1981

Farley1981

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

• Guns: Classic Army Sportline M15 CQB
    Sig P226
    M9
Hey all,

I picked up a sig p226 gas Blow-back pistol the other day and i took it out on a game day, before i used it i lubed the gun and mags up used green gas as i was told this is what it takes.

After a few shots it just spat the gas out i only got a few shots off had to re gas. i know the colder the weather gets the worse gas guns get, is there anyway to stop this or to help out a little so i can fire off a few mags without worrying in my gas will release itself.

Thanks
Rob

Sorry all I put down the wrong gas it wasn't green gas I used it was something called ultra gas could this be my problem?

Also can this gun handle green gas?
I've been told its better in the colder moths

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

• Guns: WE L85A2
    WE Glock 17 Gen4

• Loadouts: Contemporary British Army,
    Light weight belt set up,
    CBA Loadout (Jeans, hoody etc.)

• Sites: Regular site: Skirmish Airsoft, Mansfield.
    Visited: The Stan, Anzio, The Asylum, Brit-Tac Woodland, Tac-House, Free Fire Zone, Welbeck Academy, the list grows.
    See my YouTube channel for footage.
Ultra Gas is just a brand of green gas, it's all the same.

Which model of P226 do you have? Full metal pistols will tend to do that around this time of year, a lot of people on here will recommend plastic because they work better and don't waste your gas, but if you're like me and hate the idea of a plastic pistol when the real deal is metal, then it's just something you're going to have to live with.

The only thing you can do to improve it is keep the gun, gas and mags somewhere warm.

You could try an armpit holster or something like that, but I doubt it'd make that much difference.

Need AEG parts? Click here >> Major Airsoft! << Discount code Bullet4MyEnemy for 10% off. 

Find me on YouTube: Bullet4MyEnemy
forumfinal_zps326d20e3.jpg

Airsoft News & Review site: www.AirsoftOperator.com

Farley1981

Farley1981

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Sig P226
    M9
It's a kjw sig p226 full metal Version

I'm going to get a moulded holster and mount it on my chest see if that helps warm the mags up.
I'll give it a few more try's see what happens

Thanks for your reply

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

• Guns: WE L85A2
    WE Glock 17 Gen4

• Loadouts: Contemporary British Army,
    Light weight belt set up,
    CBA Loadout (Jeans, hoody etc.)

• Sites: Regular site: Skirmish Airsoft, Mansfield.
    Visited: The Stan, Anzio, The Asylum, Brit-Tac Woodland, Tac-House, Free Fire Zone, Welbeck Academy, the list grows.
    See my YouTube channel for footage.
I have the same pistol and it was working flawlessly all year until I took it out with me a few weeks ago. I think once it hits November you might just be better off not taking it with you.

Need AEG parts? Click here >> Major Airsoft! << Discount code Bullet4MyEnemy for 10% off. 

Find me on YouTube: Bullet4MyEnemy
forumfinal_zps326d20e3.jpg

Airsoft News & Review site: www.AirsoftOperator.com

Farley1981

Farley1981

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Sig P226
    M9
I'll take it cos that one shot might send the bloke shooting at me to the respawn point :)

I'll get a chest holster sorted for it and carry it just in case

Thanks for all your help Airsoft-Ed

Thanks
Rob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users