Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bots

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

TPI

TPI

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

• Loadouts: GroundBreaker

• Sites: Highland Tactical Airsoft
Sorry dont know if this is the right place but i thought we could all try brainstorming how to stop or hinder those that just post links to websites with nothing to do with airsoft.

Edit: how about not being able to post a link in their first couple of posts? That might confuse them?

I'm Craig, God's Boss!
FeedBack

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Generally the ones getting through aren't bots (because we're too good for that), just actual people being sad enough.

If you report the spam posts I'll find them quicker, that is what report is for!!

TPI

TPI

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

Yea i suppose

I'm Craig, God's Boss!
FeedBack

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
I had a look through recent members and there were a lot, most hadn't posted fortunately. I've cleaned up some recent ones that might have still posted..

I've updated some backend stuff to hopefully stem the flow a bit, but yeah if you do see any spam then please report. If you notice any new members who have a weird name then feel free to check them out. If they've put completely random crap in the Guns Owned and Gear fields then they are a bot. Shoot me a PM with their name and I'll deal with them.

Cheers.

TPI

TPI

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

Ok will do

I'm Craig, God's Boss!
FeedBack