Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ghillie?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

Squizzulzz

Squizzulzz

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Okay guys, I'm in the process of making my own ghilie suit, the suit will be in 3 pieces and will cover the whole body (excluding hands & feet). The suit will be made from synthetic thread rather than jute twine, ths makes the suit less heavy, more maneuverable and has some more features that jute ghillies do not have; fire-resistant, water and rot proof, odorless and the list goes on and on...
I was wondering how much a full bodied, hand made ghille would go for. I was planning on using it for myself for skirmishes with a sniper, but i have decided that I'm going to go for a good aeg or a gas rifle.
I already have the BDU's and a boonie hat with the synthetic thread ready for making. They were meant to fit myself, I'm a medium/large size. The BDU's are 2 sizes bigger so that you will be able to wear other clothes underneath.
So far the materials and clothing has cost me a little under 100 and i was wondering if anyone would be interested in getting their own ghille suit, estimated time for completion will be around 20-40 hours so don't expect anything too soon! Camouflage will be English woodland, comparable to DPM camo if you're wondering.
CHeers for having a look!

TPI

TPI

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

• Loadouts: GroundBreaker

• Sites: Highland Tactical Airsoft
Erm sounds interesting how much? and are you talking about jack pyke woodland and when your done on yours some pictures would be great

I'm Craig, God's Boss!
FeedBack

joshcowin

joshcowin

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1147 posts

• Guns: we scar h aeg

• Loadouts: fbi type load out

• Sites: Maw,gfa
how did you make yours because im making one with jute twine and what dye did you use.and ghillie go for around 100 quid

i like my guns how i like my women,loud
My ops are so black not even i can see them

All the guns ive owned:uhc w700,src g36c,kwa 1911a1,g&g gr-16,Tm l96 aws,g&g cm-16,ics m16a3,ics m16 ras dmr,we glock 17,we scar l cqc, Ares aw338,

sr-25,we scar h aeg

Squizzulzz

Squizzulzz

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
@ Craig i was thinking along the color scheme of the jack pyke camo but with a little more browns or dark colours to match the woodland surroundings. I was thinking around 170 for a full hand made ghillie seeing as the making is going to be boring, long and repetitive. I want some sort of gain from the experience! I could even do a swap for a decent m4 or something along those lines :) I'll be sure to post pictures when it finished.

@Josh, I'm using British army BDU's as a base, along with a boonie hat. You need some sort of netting that you can cover your suit in, smaller holes would be better (1''-2'' are best). You need to thread the jute through the holes with a special knot, you can look all the knots up on youtube; they show demonstrations. I'm using synthetic thread rather than jute so mine is pre-cut in 12'' lenghts and dyed to the colours that I need. Just use some fabric dyes but only stick to a few colours, greens, browns, black, ect. you need to match the jute to the colours of the vegetation around you so you blend in. I think your thinking of a ghille poncho, they go for around 100, they're only a one piece and dont fully cover you; only your head and back. I've seached a couple of sites and on ebay and hand made synthetic thread ghilles go for around 200-300! I'm offering to make one for half the price.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users