Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Some advice needed please ....

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Blue_SteeleNI

Blue_SteeleNI

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

• Guns: - G&G MP5 A5 - Front RAS,Retractable stock,Full Metal
    - KJW Sig P226 - Full Metal

• Loadouts: - British S95 DPM
    - S42 (Black) Swiss Arms Tactical CIRAS Vest

• Sites: SG-1 Combat Games
Hi guys,

As i'm still fairly new to airsoft I was wondering if yous could help me out with some advice?

I've got a budget of 300 maximum. And I want my 1st gun to be full metal and brand new! Basically i've narrowed my choices down to these 2;

(1) G&G PM5 A5 - Posted Image

(2) ICS SG 552 - Posted Image

So anyway I guess what I want to know is out of these 2, which would yous choose and why?

As for the manufactures, I know ICS is pretty "Top Drawer" but don't know anything about G&G for quality, reliability, etc. So are G&G AEGs any good?

Cheers in advance to whoever replys!

TPI

TPI

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

• Loadouts: GroundBreaker

• Sites: Highland Tactical Airsoft
I would say get the MP5 as it is a decent make not the best but in my opinion prettymuch better than ICS as you can still buy things other than an ICS brand to fix it and im pretty sure G&G is an offspring of G&P and to me their the best at AEG'S.

I'm Craig, God's Boss!
FeedBack

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
G&p and g&g are in no.way related.
Is get the Sig, they're supposed to be really good.

TPI

TPI

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

Really i thought i read in one of your posts something about them being one and the same a bit like KSC and KWA? But it could have been someone else then i geuss.

I'm Craig, God's Boss!
FeedBack

Flynn567

Flynn567

AF-UK Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

• Guns: JG G36C
    JG G36E
    SA1

• Loadouts: Pantac Wasatch
    AF-UK Patch
    Safari Digger Hat
    DPM Camo

• Sites: POW Airsoft
If its just a pick bettwen the PM5 A5 and SG 552 its no contest the PM5

The MP5 is a classic gun so getting parts, accessories and mags new or second hand will be simple. Its also not too common a model which will help it stand out and I think it looks bad *** for a MP5
Demons run when a good man goes to war

Blue_SteeleNI

Blue_SteeleNI

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

If its just a pick bettwen the PM5 A5 and SG 552 its no contest the PM5

The MP5 is a classic gun so getting parts, accessories and mags new or second hand will be simple. Its also not too common a model which will help it stand out and I think it looks bad *** for a MP5

Well this was one of the reasons that I liked this type of MP5, as it is a unique model. But on the other hand, I like the originality of the 552, as I haven't seen or heard of too many people using it.

Anyway, my main concern is what type of quality are G&G guns? As this is the only manufacturer (that i know of) that does this model of MP5.

Also can anyone give me their recommendations of good quality manufacturers? Apart from the obvious few, TM, G&P and Classic Army ....
Cheers

Johnno

Johnno

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

• Guns: 3 x G & G M4 (inc 1 Blowback)
    TM MP5A3
    2 xCyma Glock
    M203 stand alone GL
    M700 Sniper

• Loadouts: Any old Shite I have lying around but mainly a set of M65 and a Vest.
I have a G & G M4 Blowback and have had no issues with it plus all the aftermarket accessories I've bought fit no problem.
Need to stop spending Money on Toy Guns and stuff :-( DREAM ON !

TPI

TPI

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

G&G are generally a good brand you still get lemons but you get lemons everywhere nowadays yes Pun or whatever it is is intended

I'm Craig, God's Boss!
FeedBack

hilander

hilander

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

• Guns: tm sig 552 seal, tm g36. tm Glock 17.

• Loadouts: choco chip. realtree woodland. dpm urban,,
I have a TM sig 552. and also TM mp5. i know its different makes but i prefer to use my sig most of the time. ics sig ,s are murder to get stuff for .

Black

Black

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Not used either myself, but after-market spares should be a serious consideration if you will be playing with (and wearing out/breaking) your guns regularly.

I'd go with whatever one you can get the worky bits for most easily, as without them you've just got a cool looking model. B)

A point of note, i've only owned a couple of ICS's and despite being 'nicely' built, both of them have been a right pain when it comes to reliability.

Blue_SteeleNI

Blue_SteeleNI

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Yeah cheers for the replys guys. I think im gonna go with the G&G MP5 A5 with retractable stock instead of the folding stock, like this ...

Posted Image

Johnno

Johnno

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

• Guns: 3 x G & G M4 (inc 1 Blowback)
    TM MP5A3
    2 xCyma Glock
    M203 stand alone GL
    M700 Sniper

• Loadouts: Any old Shite I have lying around but mainly a set of M65 and a Vest.
Looks very similar to my modded TM Mp5 B) well it does when I take the PEQ and Silencer off and add the PDW QD Flash hider. :lol:

Posted Image
Need to stop spending Money on Toy Guns and stuff :-( DREAM ON !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users