Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The 'What have you just bought' Thread

• Please log in to reply
7394 replies to this topic

Lozart

Lozart

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3749 posts

• Guns: Custom M4
    CA MP5K
    G&G SCAR-L CQC
    TM HK45
    A&K M249 Para
    M14 EBR Mod1
    Specna Arms MK18

• Sites: The Mall, Reading
    Ironsight, Andover

On the whole CE marking eye protection do people realise that the highest rating for specs is F? If you want to achieve B they must be Goggles which fully encase your eye from outside impact?

I see a lot of people saying what is good and no good but without full understanding of the standard they are tested to.

Edit: has been a few years (2013) since I checked this mind and I am happy to be corrected if wrong.

Specs can only achieve F in the CE marking scheme for industrial eyewear, however there ARE ballistic rated glasses that have a far higher impact resistance (Bolle Tactical have some for starters).

Doad13

Doad13

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

• Sites: All Arms Airsoft
    Trojan

Specs can only achieve F in the CE marking scheme for industrial eyewear, however there ARE ballistic rated glasses that have a far higher impact resistance (Bolle Tactical have some for starters).

Yes I agree but if somone was to select specs based wholey on EN166 they could be mislead into thinking bolle tactical are not rated high enough as they can only achieve F.

My point is that there shouldn't be a mass disregard for EN166 F rated specs as some are perfectly fine (bolle tactical among others), especially when most reputable manufacturers will have there own safety factors and will not be right on the lower limit to pass the test.

(Sorry for hijacking the thread mods although I did recently buy a cheap second RIF, AGM SCAR L).

Mr Monkey Nuts

Mr Monkey Nuts

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

• Guns: GHK G5
    G&P Keymod Custom
    BAR-10
    Mk12 SPR
    TM Glock

• Sites: Trojan
    Bravo 22

My point is that there shouldn't be a mass disregard for EN166 F rated specs as some are perfectly fine (bolle tactical)

Yes we should. 166F is not considered enough to withstand 350fps at .2g that is clear, documented and tested vigorously by an independent entity who's only bias is safety.

To argue otherwise is naive and moronic.

Just because they say tactical and have pictures of uber l33oporor8rz does bit make them credible ballistic glasses.
It's nothing more than marketing hype.

To make your gun more accurate, you must first adjust the nut behind the trigger.

Mack

Mack

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1169 posts

• Guns: TM Sopmod Block II M4
    Dboys Scar Mk17
    WE G17
    AA G17
    HK3 Px4

• Loadouts: MARSOC
    USSF

• Sites: Greenzone Combat Armagh

Yes we should. 166F is not considered enough to withstand 350fps at .2g that is clear, documented and tested vigorously by an independent entity who's only bias is safety.

To argue otherwise is naive and moronic.

Just because they say tactical and have pictures of uber l33oporor8rz does bit make them credible ballistic glasses.
It's nothing more than marketing hype.

AFAIK it was "Low energy impact (marked F) can withstand a 6mm steel ball weighing 0.86 g and traveling at least 45 m/s at the time of impact".

Im not sure of the maths to do the calculations for the above :ph34r: , but arent ESS Glasses 166F rated? and we all know what they can withstand

http://safetyspecs.c...k/BS EN 166.htm

https://en.wikipedia...llistic_eyewear

pmdgngxpilot.pngBoeing777_Banner_Pilot_zps560238d1.jpg

Instagram: @mack84

Mr Monkey Nuts

Mr Monkey Nuts

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

• Guns: GHK G5
    G&P Keymod Custom
    BAR-10
    Mk12 SPR
    TM Glock

• Sites: Trojan
    Bravo 22

Using our own app at the top of the page:

45m/s = 147.64 fps

0.86g at 147.64 fps = 0.87 joules

.2g at 350fps = 1.14 joues.

ESS ICE meet ANSI 787+ (impact rated) and 31013 military standard, which are both much higher spec than 166.f standards.

(Closer to 166.a)

http://www.elvex.com...ety-glasses.htm

The current edition of the standard is Z87.1-2010. In the standard, eye protectors are either non-impact or impact rated devices. Impact rated protectors must meet the established high mass and high velocity tests, and defined, continuous lateral coverage. The following “high” impact tests apply to lenses, as well as to the frames or product housing:

•  A lens retention test is conducted via a “high mass” impact. A pointed 500 gm (1.1 lb) projectile is dropped 50 inches onto the complete protector mounted on a headform. No pieces can break free from the inside of the protector, the lens cannot fracture, and the lens must remain in the frame or product housing. This test is a good measure of the product’s strength, simulating a blow such as from a tool that slips from the work surface or when the lens collides with stationary objects.
  • A high velocity test is conducted, at 6 specified impact points, where the projectile is a ¼ inch steel ball traveling at specific speeds depending upon the type of protector. For spectacles, the velocity is 150 ft/sec or 102 mph. The pass/fail criteria are the same as for the high mass test, plus no contact with the eye of the headform is permitted through deflection of the lens. This is meant to simulate particles that would be encountered in grinding, chipping, machining or other such operations.

http://www.uvex.us/i...ective-eyewear/

To make your gun more accurate, you must first adjust the nut behind the trigger.

PT247

PT247

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2548 posts

• Guns: KJW KC-02, Krytac SPR, PDW & SDP, TM VSR G-Spec, Mk23 & G17.

• Loadouts: whatever is comfortable

• Sites: Dogtag Airsoft - Holmbush

any chance you all could start a different thread for this, the convo has gone on way too long within this one!

Lozart

Lozart

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3749 posts

CA MP5K
    G&G SCAR-L CQC
    TM HK45
    A&K M249 Para
    M14 EBR Mod1
    Specna Arms MK18

Ironsight, Andover

Yes I agree but if somone was to select specs based wholey on EN166 they could be mislead into thinking bolle tactical are not rated high enough as they can only achieve F.

My point is that there shouldn't be a mass disregard for EN166 F rated specs as some are perfectly fine (bolle tactical among others), especially when most reputable manufacturers will have there own safety factors and will not be right on the lower limit to pass the test.

(Sorry for hijacking the thread mods although I did recently buy a cheap second RIF, AGM SCAR L).

The simple fact is that EN 166 F is not high enough for airsoft use (it equates to 0.87 Joule impact energy). Regardless of what margins the manufacturer may or may not build in, physics is physics. Now granted the tests are for proof against penetration and under a higher impact MIGHT only crack but they might also shatter or just not stop the BB puncturing your eye. Is that a chance you're willing to take, because I'm certainly not.

The other thing to bear in mind is that in terms of industrial safety use, most companies provide EN 166 F glasses for free because they're cheap and they're legally obliged to provide some sort of PPE. If they're letting you use them for grinding, cutting or drilling then they're at risk of being open to prosecution if you get hurt because those activities require EN 166 B or better to provide correct protection (ie goggles).

Lozart

Lozart

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3749 posts

CA MP5K
    G&G SCAR-L CQC
    TM HK45
    A&K M249 Para
    M14 EBR Mod1
    Specna Arms MK18

Ironsight, Andover

any chance you all could start a different thread for this, the convo has gone on way too long within this one!

Fair point, plus this has already been done to death elsewhere!

Sitting Duck

Sitting Duck

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3531 posts

• Guns: WAY TOO MANY
    (i need serious help)

• Loadouts: Camping with lots of ammo/mags

• Sites: Tactical Warfare London/Surrey

or this thread could be changed to:

What Safety rating and mathematical formula have you just worked out........

kind of kidding chaps - yes important eye-pro subject and enlightening to how short the F rating falls in joules or crown jewels

(yes way short of a 500fps sniper and also said check for side protection/covering too)

very good to bring this to everybody's attention all the same - I've learnt some more stuff too

But back on topic - My JG G3 arrived yesterday with some bits n bobs & better G&G bb's hopefully

Some R-Hop material - cheers proffink

some scalpel blades/holder for next Hop project to balls up

yup think that is about it - can't be ar$ed to up pics - you know what it all looks like blah blah blah

going easy atm - just can't do with agro and keep tripping over the crap I got even though I can't seem to locate something I know I got ffs

Oh well better order a new bit as I'll be f*cked if I can find that sod in all my piles of crap......

tumblr_n9qk0cQbbv1r60h6bo3_250.gif

Jive-ass dude don't got no brains anyhow

New players - please - pretty please read the guides first in New Players Section

An absolute must read is this one:

http://www.airsoft-f...a-tight-budget/

&

http://www.airsoft-f...se/#entry232449

plus a search is less keystrokes that creating same ol' new posts again & again - what to buy etc....

Jason8

Jason8

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

• Guns: GHK M4 GBBR
    G&G CM16 SFL
    Ares AM-014 M4 Tan
    WE Beretta M92F Silver Special Edition

• Loadouts: Custom Viper based battle belt & yoke.

• Sites: Combat Action Games, Norwich.

To amalgamate two topics in one here, I've just bought a pair of Bolle Assault glasses, as I saw them mentioned above. Arrived at work, tried them on sitting at my desk... immediate fog!

Can't say I'm full of anticipation for their use in a game, we'll see.

completely non-standard..

djben9

djben9

AF-UK Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

• Guns: ICS CXP-UK1
    ICS M4 EBB
    ICS G33 F

• Loadouts: MultiMTPCamogromCamo
    ATACS

• Sites: Gunman Tuddenham
    Urban Assault
    RIFT (Cottenham)
Has anyone read the instructions with their goggles, although used by military, my revisions I'm sure say not for Airsoft.... I did post this before.... But we do wear them, and there fine, just an ass covering I guess.... 🙂

Back on topic, part 1 of my radio gear, baofeng as common as an M4, hopefully arrive before Sunday's Tuddenham game..... If she lets me out
Then the other parts to follow...

djben9

djben9

AF-UK Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

ICS M4 EBB
    ICS G33 F

ATACS

Urban Assault
    RIFT (Cottenham)

To amalgamate two topics in one here, I've just bought a pair of Bolle Assault glasses, as I saw them mentioned above. Arrived at work, tried them on sitting at my desk... immediate fog!
Can't say I'm full of anticipation for their use in a game, we'll see.

Remember the goggles we wear are designed for people on the move and jumping out of planes etc, not playing Airsoft where we have to wear them most of the day, they require some airflow, even my Revision locust fans fog up after a while unless I'm moving , I do have some fogtech wipes to try..... Another buy ☹️

Jason8

Jason8

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

• Guns: GHK M4 GBBR
    G&G CM16 SFL
    Ares AM-014 M4 Tan
    WE Beretta M92F Silver Special Edition

• Loadouts: Custom Viper based battle belt & yoke.

• Sites: Combat Action Games, Norwich.

Remember the goggles we wear are designed for people on the move and jumping out of planes etc, not playing Airsoft where we have to wear them most of the day, they require some airflow, even my Revision locust fans fog up after a while unless I'm moving , I do have some fogtech wipes to try..... Another buy ☹️

I hear you, was just a little disturbed that they fogged sitting at a desk, no exertion at all.. believe me ;D

My sons Bolle Tracker II's on the other hand, for half the price, don't.

completely non-standard..

CKinnerley

CKinnerley

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1729 posts

The smith boogie regulators are designed for jumping; they're very much like 'normal' civvie goggles I've been given for freefall courses.  I wouldn't say that about all tactical eyewear though by any means, a lot of the rated specs we wear/see that are common military issue would come straight off if you jumped in them.  Plenty of times people on ops are stationary as well, how much footage from afghan consisted of lads sat on compound roofs or in trenches shooting vs running while shooting?

djben9

djben9

AF-UK Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

ICS M4 EBB
    ICS G33 F

ATACS

Urban Assault
    RIFT (Cottenham)
That's what I said when I was told that as well, so I was a little confused , obviously it helps to have airflow, but you can't keep moving😉

Hef Legend

Hef Legend

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

• Guns: 3 x TM Recoils, EdGi VSR, ASG M40a3, TM Hi-Capa, WE G17, Armourer works Hi-Capa, Krytac PDW

• Loadouts: Contractor
    Multicam
    OD

• Sites: EAG
    Fireball
    Zed Adventures

Brought a CYMA EBR of GearTech (worth noting it was cheaper than TG and Gunfure).

Having it sent of to have some work done on the weekend, but for now I've added a scope and sprayed some of the externals and removed the side rails.

X698RKJ.jpg

"If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now."

TomC

TomC

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

• Guns: Tippman m4, WE P226 E2, WE G34, G&P m14 DMR recon

• Sites: Bristol Airsoft

WE Glock 34 1x 25rnd mag 1x 50 rnd mag nurpol holster, mag pouch and molle adapter.

B.S

B.S

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

• Guns: KJW Glock 23, G&G CM18 MOD1

• Loadouts: British Army MTP

• Sites: Strikeforce Badlands

Just got a Mesh mask, and some glasses. The Yellow actually makes things a lot more defined, it's pretty interesting. They also make everything look like Hawaii. Which is nice. (And yes, that is a little Fun 5fps gun with yellow BBs :P)

xHcNGze.jpg

No one can read the Future, but everyone can write it.

XEeqrnY.png

https://www.youtube....IHP0Xtr8xVm-kQw

djben9

djben9

AF-UK Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

ICS M4 EBB
    ICS G33 F

ATACS

Urban Assault
    RIFT (Cottenham)

yeah i do enjoy playing more with the yellow lenses in, just havent got a thermal lens for my revisions in yellow :(

EvilMonkee

EvilMonkee

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

• Guns: Ares L1A1 SLR
    TM Beretta PX4
    KWA ERG AK74
    E&L AIMS 47
    LCT AS VAL
    TM MP7A1