Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The 'What have you just bought' Thread

• Please log in to reply
7394 replies to this topic

djben9

djben9

AF-UK Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

• Guns: ICS CXP-UK1
    ICS M4 EBB
    ICS G33 F

• Loadouts: MultiMTPCamogromCamo
    ATACS

• Sites: Gunman Tuddenham
    Urban Assault
    RIFT (Cottenham)
I believe you will still need a lower mesh mask or similar while under 18
Best to check with site etc on their site rules
  • B.S likes this

djben9

djben9

AF-UK Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

ICS M4 EBB
    ICS G33 F

ATACS

Urban Assault
    RIFT (Cottenham)

£55 Fenix PD35 Flashlight
£10 Fenix Rail mount
£10 Fenix pressure-switch/tape-switch (sadly it's just a line of switches and not what I would have expected),
£25 (4x£6) Compatible Fenix filter caps - all three colours, cus i'm like that, though i'll be able to change the spare red for a clear disc and it will make mounting clear perspex discs much simpler than having to improvise.
£20 Batteries - rechargeable

I also got some Surefire Earprotection.

So your like me with flashlights, like to get the extras
Did the same with my xtar light last year and got the extras!, don't use pressure switch either, find it easier to just use thumb

B.S

B.S

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

• Guns: KJW Glock 23, G&G CM18 MOD1

• Loadouts: British Army MTP

• Sites: Strikeforce Badlands

I believe you will still need a lower mesh mask or similar while under 18
Best to check with site etc on their site rules

Yeah, I'm gonna get one of those at my local shop, this way I can test If they fit with the mask. They're also the guys who run Badlands, So I can ask about the rules too.

No one can read the Future, but everyone can write it.

XEeqrnY.png

https://www.youtube....IHP0Xtr8xVm-kQw

Sacarathe

Sacarathe

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2659 posts

So your like me with flashlights, like to get the extras
Did the same with my xtar light last year and got the extras!, don't use pressure switch either, find it easier to just use thumb

Well it's not a pressure switch it's just a row of switches. :( As for extras, not really I wanted a weapon light that's what I got. Admittedly the beam is not as focused as a true weapon light, but it will do, I can always put a matt black cylinder/cone around the end if I need to focus it.

Thread title police.

djben9

djben9

AF-UK Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

ICS M4 EBB
    ICS G33 F

ATACS

Urban Assault
    RIFT (Cottenham)
I use a filter on mine as I needed the light spread better than a focuses beam, can remove if needed, may now get the coloured filters

I do prefer my old surefire 6p filters as they have flip covers, but they don't fit ☹️

XLRWoody

XLRWoody

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

• Guns: Glock G18C AEP, H&K G36C AEG

• Sites: Mansfield

Out of interest, where is that armour carrier from?  It's like the standard issue new airsofters' rig these days.

It's just a military surplus vest, they're fairly cheap. Got mine from eBay, it's grade 1 but no noticeable marks or damage.

CKinnerley

CKinnerley

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1729 posts

Sorry, but no it isn't.  No military issues those I can guarantee you.

Unless it's China where they're made perhaps...

Bottledtorment

Bottledtorment

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

• Guns: G&P MK18
    Well MB-01
    Umarex G36KVA1
    G&G CM16
    ASG Short shotgun

• Loadouts: Depends on site and gameplay
    (mostly JPC/AVS, Gen2 trousers and a Airframe)

• Sites: Combat Ready Airsoft (Crafty's)
They seem to be the fleabay/cheapest vest in the airsoft shop chris(wholesalers sell them for less than £5 to most shops- don't ask how I know).

Bencupra

Bencupra

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

• Guns: Incentive Designs Hpa Tippmann M4

• Loadouts: Viper and 5.11 tactical stuff.

• Sites: Bush Valley
    Sandpit
    BIA
I'm currently at home waiting for Mr UPS man to deliver my Tipmann :)

Lozart

Lozart

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3749 posts

• Guns: Custom M4
    CA MP5K
    G&G SCAR-L CQC
    TM HK45
    A&K M249 Para
    M14 EBR Mod1
    Specna Arms MK18

• Sites: The Mall, Reading
    Ironsight, Andover

Now All that's left is to go shoot them, make sure they'll Work. I'm not particularly keen to shoot something I just spent £30 on, But it's better than being blind.

Why do people insist on doing this? As if your AEG is a better test than the CE marking or something?

B.S

B.S

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Why do people insist on doing this? As if your AEG is a better test than the CE marking or something?

The What marking?

(That probably explains why people insist on it XD)

And it doesn't hurt to do it, Better safe than sorry.

plus I used a springer :P

XEeqrnY.png

Lozart

Lozart

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3749 posts

CA MP5K
    G&G SCAR-L CQC
    TM HK45
    A&K M249 Para
    M14 EBR Mod1
    Specna Arms MK18

Ironsight, Andover

The What marking?

(That probably explains why people insist on it XD)

And it doesn't hurt to do it, Better safe than sorry.

plus I used a springer :P

The goggles you've bought have been designed to meet the test criteria for CE EN166 which governs the standards for mechanical impact protection and clarity of view for protective eyewear. These tests are designed for repeatable results and as such are standardised in lab conditions. Manufacturers have to regularly provide test samples to be able to continue to put the CE mark on their products. These tests are far more scientific and accurate than you firing at them with your gun. If the goggles are certified to EN166 B (medium impact) then they will be absolutely fine and do not need you to "test" them first.

If they are only certified to EN 166F then you've bought the wrong thing and "testing" them with your gun will again prove nothing more than your own lack of knowledge.

"Testing" them with a springer will be about as much use as a one legged man at an arse kicking contest considering you may be exposed to someone with a 500FPS sniper rifle when you take them out in anger. It's like testing a cars impact protection by kicking the bumper.

Doad13

Doad13

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

• Sites: All Arms Airsoft
    Trojan
On the whole CE marking eye protection do people realise that the highest rating for specs is F? If you want to achieve B they must be Goggles which fully encase your eye from outside impact?

I see a lot of people saying what is good and no good but without full understanding of the standard they are tested to.

Edit: has been a few years (2013) since I checked this mind and I am happy to be corrected if wrong.

Sitting Duck

Sitting Duck

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3531 posts

• Guns: WAY TOO MANY
    (i need serious help)

• Loadouts: Camping with lots of ammo/mags

• Sites: Tactical Warfare London/Surrey

Think the more subtle but still important point Lozart is trying to make.....

Bolle make some kick ar$e eye pro that passes way more than a bb stress test:

http://www.screwfix....tails_container

(however the side protection is not up to such high impact me thinks but still...)

HOWEVER - just coz Bolle make stuff the above and many many more goggles for all areas etc....

DO NOT THINK ALL BOLLE STUFF IS THE SAME EYE PRO PROTECTION LEVEL

Ski goggles and other stuff is not capable of withstanding sniper impact - well you might look good but that might change if shot

http://www.ekosport....CFSsq0wodrRYFrw

so be very careful when buying eye pro and look for proper protection and ratings if possible

yes shoot test but if rated to EN166 you should not need to test it really

look around at proper safety eye-pro - you don't need to spend to much to be safe

but maybe choose a safe pair with some style or look like a scuba diver or lab technition

tumblr_n9qk0cQbbv1r60h6bo3_250.gif

Jive-ass dude don't got no brains anyhow

New players - please - pretty please read the guides first in New Players Section

An absolute must read is this one:

http://www.airsoft-f...a-tight-budget/

&

http://www.airsoft-f...se/#entry232449

plus a search is less keystrokes that creating same ol' new posts again & again - what to buy etc....

Doad13

Doad13

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

• Sites: All Arms Airsoft
    Trojan
I totally agree I wouldn't even touch anything without the EN166 rating on it. My eyes might not be great but I don't want to loose them.

Just pointing out that although there is potential for the energy of a bb hitting them to be higher then the rating majority of reputable manufacturers will have a safety factor there. I personally use a variety of bolle glasses all rated to F as they are part of the PPE used at my place of work.

B.S

B.S

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

The goggles you've bought have been designed to meet the test criteria for CE EN166 which governs the standards for mechanical impact protection and clarity of view for protective eyewear. These tests are designed for repeatable results and as such are standardised in lab conditions. Manufacturers have to regularly provide test samples to be able to continue to put the CE mark on their products. These tests are far more scientific and accurate than you firing at them with your gun. If the goggles are certified to EN166 B (medium impact) then they will be absolutely fine and do not need you to "test" them first.

If they are only certified to EN 166F then you've bought the wrong thing and "testing" them with your gun will again prove nothing more than your own lack of knowledge.

"Testing" them with a springer will be about as much use as a one legged man at an arse kicking contest considering you may be exposed to someone with a 500FPS sniper rifle when you take them out in anger. It's like testing a cars impact protection by kicking the bumper.

Goggles weren't really something I've done much reading up on, Didn't seem necessary. I got Bolle because it was British Army Spec - I didn't expect them to break, but since they looked different to the one on the Ebay image I thought it worth doing.

And your right about the springer of course - But I ran out of Gas for my pistol and I don't have an AEG yet. I love your Car Crash analogy btw XD

Also @Sitting Duck, I'd never get something that didn't have 'Ballistic spec' in the name, I just didn't know about the individual ratings, and like I said the only reason I tested them was because It looked different to the picture (At the time, it's actually just a really poor picture and they're the same)

XEeqrnY.png

rc540

rc540

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

In the last week

Cyma 028u

5x Mid Cap AK Mags

Red Dot sight

SW 40

Co2 12g's

10k KA 0.2's

5k KA 0.25's

m100 spring

Smart charger + extra battery

Mechanix Gloves

Camel Bladder Water System

PT247

PT247

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2548 posts

• Guns: KJW KC-02, Krytac SPR, PDW & SDP, TM VSR G-Spec, Mk23 & G17.

• Loadouts: whatever is comfortable

• Sites: Dogtag Airsoft - Holmbush
4 x spare Mobius ActionCam batteries,
2 x power extension leads for them,
1 x TM speedloader,
3x5m of greenscreen fabric.

Lozart

Lozart

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3749 posts

CA MP5K
    G&G SCAR-L CQC
    TM HK45
    A&K M249 Para
    M14 EBR Mod1
    Specna Arms MK18

Ironsight, Andover

Goggles weren't really something I've done much reading up on, Didn't seem necessary.

Bit of luck you bought decent ones then! :)

Seriously though way too many people spend too little time making sure the ONE PIECE of critical safety gear for the game is up to scratch. I'll never understand that. You've only got one pair of eyes.

• B.S likes this

Lozart

Lozart

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3749 posts

CA MP5K
    G&G SCAR-L CQC
    TM HK45
    A&K M249 Para
    M14 EBR Mod1
    Specna Arms MK18

Ironsight, Andover

Just pointing out that although there is potential for the energy of a bb hitting them to be higher then the rating majority of reputable manufacturers will have a safety factor there. I personally use a variety of bolle glasses all rated to F as they are part of the PPE used at my place of work.

EN166F isn't actually high enough for protection in airsoft.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users