Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The 'What have you just bought' Thread

• Please log in to reply
7391 replies to this topic

MrMcG

MrMcG

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

• Guns: WE Scar-H GBBR
    GHK G5 GBBR
    KWA Vector GBBR
    Cybergun FNX GBBP

• Loadouts: OPS Multicam Black
    Haley Strategic Coyote D3CR H and D3CR
    Viper Battle Belt

• Sites: Epsom - RIP :(
    EAG Dorking
    EAG Longmoor
    Blitz CQB
    Bunker 51
WE Scar H GBB with 5 mags
Cybergun FNX with 3 mags
Kydex holster for above pistol
Haley strategic flat pack
Haley strategic pistol pouch
D3cr heavy
Dynatex timed grenade
Triple mp5 mag pouch for vector
Harness

Been pretty bad :/
Itchy Trigger Finger - Shoot first ask questions later

Team Fluffy Unicorns

BrightCandle

BrightCandle

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

• Guns: Krytac SPR gen 1
    G&G T4-18 gen 3
    G&G CM16 Carbine
    S&T Tar 21 Professional
    ICS CXP Ape

• Sites: Bunker 51
    Billericay skirmish
    UCAP Sandpit

Is that t4-18 the EBB?

A mate recently got one and skirmished it for the first time today and was loving it, apparently has extremely good range and consistentcy.

On topic: some Lipo guard bags, and the days pyros.

Yep the gen 3. Was awful accuracy from the beginning and pieces have just been falling off it from day 1. So many different issues I can't be bothered to list them all but I would be surprised if people didn't run into at least some of the problems I had like the magazine well shape and charging handle issues.

CKinnerley

CKinnerley

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1729 posts

Haley strategic pistol pouch

I feel like I missed a release... do you have a link?

MikeMarden

MikeMarden

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

• Guns: Tokyo Marui HK416D Devgru

• Sites: Apocalypse Airsoft (Detling, Kent)
    UCAP SandPit (Bluewater, Kent)

An earlier Member commented that a working internet connection & pay day are a dangerous combination!

Just purhcased a PEQ 15 & a set of HeroShark Mako mesh goggles - Have been usuing the standard mesh goggles so for the extra price, I'm interested in how the vision compares!

Now to disconnect the internet connection!

Mike

MrMcG

MrMcG

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

• Guns: WE Scar-H GBBR
    GHK G5 GBBR
    KWA Vector GBBR
    Cybergun FNX GBBP

• Loadouts: OPS Multicam Black
    Haley Strategic Coyote D3CR H and D3CR
    Viper Battle Belt

• Sites: Epsom - RIP :(
    EAG Dorking
    EAG Longmoor
    Blitz CQB
    Bunker 51

I feel like I missed a release... do you have a link?

Yep linky below

http://www.tactical-...dge-15247-p.asp

When I get my holster ill set it up and post a pic, I went for it purely because it means i have everything mounted on the rig, no drop legs etc..

Decided with the Haley equipment due to it being interchangeable I can setup my scar H or G5 in a 4 clips

Itchy Trigger Finger - Shoot first ask questions later

Team Fluffy Unicorns

ALee91

ALee91

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

• Guns: ICS-160 CXP.08
    KJW 1911
    G&G M14 HBA-L
    JG BAR 10

• Sites: Bunker39
    Airsoft GB

Yep the gen 3. Was awful accuracy from the beginning and pieces have just been falling off it from day 1. So many different issues I can't be bothered to list them all but I would be surprised if people didn't run into at least some of the problems I had like the magazine well shape and charging handle issues.

I hope for my mates sake it was a one off, though he was saying the accuracy of his at 40m was always hitting a consistently tight range, though i call BS on that one as a sniper on our team hitting 500FPS with a tuned HPA rifle (don't know what it was due to heavy camo wrapped around it) with the wind and rain we had yesterday was shooting curve balls like the rest of us.

I'll see how he gets on.

asbo1991

asbo1991

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

• Guns: ICS CXP-HOG
    WE S&W M&P GBB
    WELL M24 with a 3-9x40 scope

• Loadouts: Warrior DCS plate carrier tan with either Helikon SFU Camogrom or Jeans and T-shirt

• Sites: The Mall
    Battle lakes

so my goodies I posted the other day are starting to turn up and looking forward to my first game on the 21st at the Mall, quick question for you all out there I have gone for an all black look including a black Fast helmet.

SO my question, best place to buy Black BDU's with in built knee pads or not?

ASBO or Tony

PT247

PT247

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2537 posts

• Guns: KJW KC-02, Krytac SPR, PDW & SDP, TM VSR G-Spec, Mk23 & G27.

• Loadouts: whatever is comfortable

• Sites: Dogtag Airsoft - Holmbush

a new 11.1v LiPo for my SPR

CKinnerley

CKinnerley

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1729 posts

best place to buy Black BDU's with in built knee pads or not?

Is that a combination of 2 questions?

asbo1991

asbo1991

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

WE S&W M&P GBB

• Loadouts: Warrior DCS plate carrier tan with either Helikon SFU Camogrom or Jeans and T-shirt

Battle lakes
It's sort 2 questions I guess

ASBO or Tony

CKinnerley

CKinnerley

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1729 posts

Ok, and what are they?  I mean I could guess but I'd rather find out for certain so nobody wastes their time giving information that's not relevant.

Lozart

Lozart

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3746 posts

• Guns: Custom M4
    CA MP5K
    G&G SCAR-L CQC
    TM HK45
    A&K M249 Para
    M14 EBR Mod1
    Specna Arms MK18

• Sites: The Mall, Reading
    Ironsight, Andover

Ok, and what are they?  I mean I could guess but I'd rather find out for certain so nobody wastes their time giving information that's not relevant.

Wild stab in the dark he wants to know where to get black BDUs and whether or not he should get the ones with built in kneepads.

Of course....we'd then have to explain that the ones with built in knee pads aren't really BDUs but that's a whole different world of pedantry. A more relevant question would be how much does he want to spend? That way we can suggest Military 1st or Hueys depending on which way his budget goes...

Berto

Berto

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

• Guns: KSC m11a1 and 26C
    Maruzen Uzi pistol
    G&G CM raider
Has anyone just used work trousers with the foam knee pads? I use these for working in the workshop and they are idea, nice and sturdy, plenty of pockets and the knee pads mean you can kneel on concrete/screws etc as much as you like without feeling a thing. Got a pair from Aldi for about £13 and the knee pads were £4. I also got a pair from B&Q for £22 and the aldi knee pads fit them too.

Edit, £8.99 now
http://whatsgoodtodo...rousers-review/

CKinnerley

CKinnerley

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1729 posts

Has anyone just used work trousers with the foam knee pads? I use these for working in the workshop and they are idea, nice and sturdy, plenty of pockets and the knee pads mean you can kneel on concrete/screws etc as much as you like without feeling a thing. Got a pair from Aldi for about £13 and the knee pads were £4. I also got a pair from B&Q for £22 and the aldi knee pads fit them too.

Edit, £8.99 now
http://whatsgoodtodo...rousers-review/

I've definitely seen lots of those at sites, especially so indoor games.  If they're well made, then it makes sense really.  100% cotton isn't an ideal fabric for airsoft use, but for £9.. well if they work and last there's no real arguing with that.

Wild stab in the dark he wants to know where to get black BDUs and whether or not he should get the ones with built in kneepads.

Personally, my experience over the years has been that one of the biggest reasons people end up buying the wrong gear/stuff that doesn't work out for them, is that they don't ask the right questions to begin with.  Not to mention the classic "hey guys, I just bought X, is it any good?".  So yes while obviously I could figure out the meaning, I think encouraging people to ask the right things to begin with is important.  I also tend to think that people being too lazy to just type out a proper query don't deserve to be spoon fed information in return; but hey I'm sure somebody will take the opportunity to jump on me for being an awful person for holding that opinion at some point or another.

PT247

PT247

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2537 posts

a K6AC charger, my cheapy Vapex balance charger is giving up the ghost so need a decent one.

The proper Krytac 30k motor for my DMR build to replace the lower spec 20k motor in the UK Krytacs.

asbo1991

asbo1991

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

WE S&W M&P GBB

Battle lakes

Hi All, thanks

Sorry for not being clear, also was not aware that ones with inbuilt knee pads are not technically BDU's I have been look on military 1st and maximum I would be looking to spend would around 50 max.

I have to agree my post was very lazy so outlaid questions below for ease:

Best place to Buy Black BDU's looking to spend maximum of £50 all in?(like the idea of using work trousers with knee inserts)

Is it worth buying a set trouser with build in knee pads I.E. Viper tactical trousers?

Cheers guys sorry for being a pain

ASBO or Tony

PT247

PT247

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2537 posts

Viper kit can be hit and miss on quality, some is ace but have had items fall apart way before they should (have had the same with more expensive brands too so don't read this as hating on Viper. I recommend Helicon kit is on a budget.

Lozart

Lozart

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3746 posts

• Guns: Custom M4
    CA MP5K
    G&G SCAR-L CQC
    TM HK45
    A&K M249 Para
    M14 EBR Mod1
    Specna Arms MK18

• Sites: The Mall, Reading
    Ironsight, Andover

Hi All, thanks

Sorry for not being clear, also was not aware that ones with inbuilt knee pads are not technically BDU's I have been look on military 1st and maximum I would be looking to spend would around 50 max.

I have to agree my post was very lazy so outlaid questions below for ease:

Best place to Buy Black BDU's looking to spend maximum of £50 all in?(like the idea of using work trousers with knee inserts)

Is it worth buying a set trouser with build in knee pads I.E. Viper tactical trousers?

Cheers guys sorry for being a pain

You're not a pain, just need to lay out the questions so us pedants and old duffers can follow you! :D

Anyway - sticking with Military 1st for a bit the Helikon BDUs are great trousers and are "proper" BDU style in as much as they are fairly loose cut with a plethora of storage options. They don't have pockets in the knee for pads of any sort though (but they are double thickness reinforced).

Helikon SFU trousers are a more modern cut so they fit a bit closer but they also have built in pockets for knee pads (which you would need to buy separately).

If you want something a bit more tacticool then you'll want to look at some of the Crye G2/G3 type trousers that have those little plastic kneepads in them (they're actaully attached to a much larger foam/neoprene type of pad internally), I'd suggest looking for brands like Emerson if you want to stick inside your budget (try www.shootercbgear.com although dispatch will be delayed because of the Chinese New Year - you can get them in the UK/EU but they'll cost more).

djben9

djben9

AF-UK Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

• Guns: ICS CXP-UK1
    ICS M4 EBB
    ICS G33 F

• Loadouts: MultiMTPCamogromCamo
    ATACS

• Sites: Gunman Tuddenham
    Urban Assault
    RIFT (Cottenham)
Helikon stuff Is great, I wear the SFU trousers generally day to day and the odd skirmish as well as CPU stuff. I have a set of black bdus and find them a lot more on the baggy side than sfu style

Excuse errors, on phone at work!!

asbo1991

asbo1991

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

WE S&W M&P GBB

Battle lakes

Thought about the work trouser ideas and work trousers where a great idea 1/3 of the cost form amazon :) so got black work trousers and universal knee pads thanks for the advice all

ASBO or Tony

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users