Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The 'What have you just bought' Thread

• Please log in to reply
7394 replies to this topic

CKinnerley

CKinnerley

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1729 posts

Just as an FYI, the current production mags from PTS are nothing to do with Magpul designs as things currently stand.  Magpul actually pulled their license as far as any replicas of mags/accessories go a couple of years back now.

Luckily though PTS are still using the same plastic (tougher than some RS stuff) and similar internals to their old E/PMAG line, so as far as midcaps go I've personally yet to find anything that gets close quality wise.

proffrink

proffrink

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3105 posts

Yeh, I grabbed a couple of the new EPMs as backups for the M249 and they feed really well. The base plates are what kind of give them away as not being EMAG, so I switched those out for some of the old PTS ones and now they look pretty close to the real thing again (not that I really minded the look, but those rubberised base plate thingies were way too bulky).

Also having that coloured follower that shows you when you're 50% and 100% full is great.

It's a shame Magpul pulled their licensing, but given how people were buying 'fake' airsoft stuff and sticking it on real steel then complaining when it wasn't up to scratch or appeared slightly different you can see why they would. Their real steel accessories are obviously where the vast majority of their income was coming from. Seen quite a few smaller real steel companies teaming up with PTS though, and some interesting designs for flash hiders and charging handles are knocking about these days.

Dentonboy

Dentonboy

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

• Guns: G&P M16/M203 plus a whole lot more..!

• Loadouts: TAD Gear, Patagonia PCU, MARPAT and Multicam.

• Sites: Ace Combat, Dog-Tag, CSW, R.I.F.T Defilade.
Got a MC TAD Gear patch coming across the pond in the post after winning one from them on Twitter.

Dentonboy - Est. 1982

Esoterick

Esoterick

AF-UK Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

It's a shame Magpul pulled their licensing, but given how people were buying 'fake' airsoft stuff and sticking it on real steel then complaining when it wasn't up to scratch or appeared slightly different you can see why they would. Their real steel accessories are obviously where the vast majority of their income was coming from. Seen quite a few smaller real steel companies teaming up with PTS though, and some interesting designs for flash hiders and charging handles are knocking about these days.

Whilst I completely understand why they did it I just wish someone would produce mags remotely on par with the SOPMOD PMAGs for the TM recoils. Unless there's some I don't know about, being worried about losing mags you can't replace sucks.

jcheeseright

jcheeseright

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3562 posts

• Guns: Systema PTW CQBR MAX2, TM MP7A1, GLOCK 17.

Whilst I completely understand why they did it I just wish someone would produce mags remotely on par with the SOPMOD PMAGs for the TM recoils. Unless there's some I don't know about, being worried about losing mags you can't replace sucks.

I'm fairly sure someone somewhere is still making the SOPMOD magazines... MLEmart have had a few loads in stock over the last few months 

If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

Esoterick

Esoterick

AF-UK Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

I'm fairly sure someone somewhere is still making the SOPMOD magazines... MLEmart have had a few loads in stock over the last few months 

I couldn't figure out if those are just a load that have been kicking about in a warehouse somewhere, seen them appear on their ebay store a couple of times when I was looking for a mate. Either way he bought a few and they look identical to the genuine ones I bought a couple of years back.

jcheeseright

jcheeseright

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3562 posts

• Guns: Systema PTW CQBR MAX2, TM MP7A1, GLOCK 17.

they're definitely the real deal, I bought a few a couple of months back and they're identical in every way to the ones I already had. 

If online bullying has taught us anything. It's that people would sooner hang themselves than lose a bit of weight.

20ChickenNuggets

20ChickenNuggets

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

• Guns: ICS CXP-HOG
    WE GP1799

• Sites: Slaughterhouse, Hull
    Elsham
    Messingham

Unfortunately not no pal, I was going to go but I have a new job and need to focus on that for the first half of the month.

Me and my friend will be going to the Stan near end of Feb though.

I am definitely going to Hull again it was awesome.

Hopefully back end of Feb or March.

Let me know the date you go to Stan, and I'll try get me and the lads down. Never been before but seen plenty of online content :D

sp00n

sp00n

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1918 posts

• Guns: 1 or 2

• Loadouts: Fat Guy in MTP
    FAT NINJA!!!

not complete yet, as i still need to source batteries and the scope mount

3326F2B4-A7E3-480B-9DBA-303AC996DF87_zps

Things i am after :-

TM FA-MAS parts! (hop, flash hider assembly, and trigger guard)

FA-MAS hi caps!

sniper.gifboom-1.gif

"UKARA registration number, which is as close to a licence as a Tesco Club Card.~ Ian_Gere"

Dentonboy

Dentonboy

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

• Guns: G&P M16/M203 plus a whole lot more..!

• Loadouts: TAD Gear, Patagonia PCU, MARPAT and Multicam.

• Sites: Ace Combat, Dog-Tag, CSW, R.I.F.T Defilade.

Flyye Go-Bag in Khaki - to replace a cheaper ACM one whose zips have gone kaput. £26 from eBay inc. P&P.

Dentonboy - Est. 1982

proffrink

proffrink

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3105 posts

That's very cheap for Flyye - was it new?

Monty

Monty

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3459 posts

• Guns: G&P M4, G&G TT M16A3, TM Mp5k, S&T PPSH41
    TM Chrome M9, Well MB-08

• Loadouts: Primarily OD

• Sites: Alpha 55

Mancraft Regulator with a Tournament lock 

x50 12g Co2 cartridges

List of known scammers, be careful!:

http://www.airsoft-f...72015/?p=201643

proffrink

proffrink

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3105 posts

Where did you get your CO2 from? I'm still hunting for the cheapest deal on ones without lube.

asbo1991

asbo1991

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

WE S&W M&P GBB
    WELL M24 with a 3-9x40 scope

• Loadouts: Warrior DCS plate carrier tan with either Helikon SFU Camogrom or Jeans and T-shirt

• Sites: The Mall
    Battle lakes

Yesterday Brought my first of everything will get pics up when it all arrives:

G&G CM16 Raider Two tones (for now)

Zero One Fast/Trickle Charger

Zero One 8.4v high performance battery

TMC Strike Mask Black

ZCA AEG mag for M4 300 rounds x2

Bolle Tracker Safety Googles

Full finger light gloves with knuckle protection

Single point bungee harness

Ebay special Black airsoft tactical Molle vest

Anyone recommend anything I have missed off?

ASBO or Tony

ALee91

ALee91

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

• Guns: ICS-160 CXP.08
    KJW 1911
    G&G M14 HBA-L
    JG BAR 10

• Sites: Bunker39
    Airsoft GB

Asbo1991, maybe look into some knee pads, I decided to buy some now with the amount of times I've taken a knee on a rock, or pointy stick, or fallen over or worse a BB.

50. Cal ammunition box and some case foam to make up a grenade/ammo box.

Would look a little nicer than the cardboard box barely holding together full of BB bottles and bangs rolling around in the boot of the car.

20ChickenNuggets

20ChickenNuggets

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

WE GP1799

• Sites: Slaughterhouse, Hull
    Elsham
    Messingham

(Laylax) Prometheus EG 6.03mm inner (407mm), purple soft nub and black dragon suppressor (190mm)

Current inner barrel is 261mm so you can guess what I'm doing with that extra length and the suppressor...

With the barrel I bought been labeled with "Laylax" in brackets before Prometheus, does this tell me that it's an off brand of Prometheus or... help please. 

asbo1991

asbo1991

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

WE S&W M&P GBB

• Loadouts: Warrior DCS plate carrier tan with either Helikon SFU Camogrom or Jeans and T-shirt

Battle lakes

Alee91 thanks for the ideas, definitely goanna need to smart to begin with due to only having a mini between me and missus

Any knee pads you recommend or just any old knee pads will do to begin with?

ASBO or Tony

proffrink

proffrink

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3105 posts
With the barrel I bought been labeled with "Laylax" in brackets before Prometheus, does this tell me that it's an off brand of Prometheus or... help please. 

LayLax, First Factory, Nineball and Prometheus are all the same company.

ALee91

ALee91

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

• Guns: ICS-160 CXP.08
    KJW 1911
    G&G M14 HBA-L
    JG BAR 10

• Sites: Bunker39
    Airsoft GB

I've got a pair of Blackhawk V2's, they're alright at saving my knees and generally staying in the right place. Anything that will really give you some extra padding around there will help.

asbo1991

asbo1991

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

WE S&W M&P GBB

Battle lakes

Perfect thanks will have look see what I can find, if not will just have to cry everytime I knell down

ASBO or Tony

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users