Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The 'What have you just bought' Thread

• Please log in to reply
7394 replies to this topic

Happy

Happy

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1066 posts

• Guns: E&L AK104B. TM MK23. Well MB02. ASG CZ75. ASG Trishot Shotgun.

• Loadouts: Russian VDV 45th Recon. S.T.A.L.K.E.R./Metro 2033/Post apocalyptic.

• Sites: MAW, Melton Mowbray. The Gaol, Oakham.
Czech Needle Pattern m60 jacket
Vz61 20 round ammo pouch
- £17 off eBay

Just need to find some matching trousers - thinking DDR/East German ones as the pattern is very similar - and my new impression will be mostly finished. Only issue will be finding a pair in a size that fits.

Edit: Annnnd I ended up buying some strichtarn trousers. Size too big, but easily remedied with my awesome sewing skills haha
Nothing quite says "SURPRISE!" like a shotgun.

Esoterick

Esoterick

AF-UK Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Rail mount Bipod and Padded 2 point sling. Nearly finished buying stuff for a few weeks after the Huey's order....

TheGrover

TheGrover

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

• Guns: Customised ICS L85
    Customised GHK G5
    G&G Top-Tech TR15 Raider
    Customised WE P228

• Loadouts: British Armed Forces (ish)

• Sites: F&O @ Anzio
    F&O @ The Hive
Culmination of a few days shopping:

-Bits and bobs for propane usage
-New molle rifle sling (my SA80 sling is too short for my G5 for obvious reasons)
-small riser for the G5s optic
-Dynatex BFG with .209 primer adapter (adapter so i can use it at The Hive)

kerby91

kerby91

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

• Sites: Gunman Tudders and Ravens Nest (ipswich)
TM 1911 MEU hehe

airsoftwarrior147

airsoftwarrior147

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

• Guns: vfc hk417 sniper
    asg l96
    ics/cybergun m4a1
    classic army mp5sd5
    kwa sig p226

• Loadouts: marine force recon in the making

• Sites: the grange

TM 1911 MEU hehe

Let us know how it is, nearly brought one myself but will wait for first hand experience first.

On the other hand I brought a g&p dbal for £80 now to get some nvgs?

CKinnerley

CKinnerley

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1729 posts

You really don't need to wait for first hand experience to make a judgement on the TM MEU, it's been out for probably 5+ years at this point and there's many reviews floating around.  I owned one for maybe 3-4 years, ran it stock and it got the most abuse of any pistol I own/have owned, only time it had slight problems was when it got full of sand inside and that sand mixed with the silicone and got in all the teeny tiny crevices.  Strip down and a good clean later, fully sorted. End of the day it's the same inside as all the other TM 5" 1911s so any review of any of those will be applicable and there's tons of those out there (very few having much negative to say).

Airsoft_Mr B

Airsoft_Mr B

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1723 posts

• Guns: CYMA M4, WE G17

• Loadouts: MARPAT
    AUSCAM (DPCU)

• Sites: Halo Mill
    Alpha One
    F&O Khe Sanh

Haley Strategic Dragonfly hoodie 

haley.jpg

airsoftwarrior147

airsoftwarrior147

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

asg l96
    ics/cybergun m4a1
    classic army mp5sd5
    kwa sig p226

You really don't need to wait for first hand experience to make a judgement on the TM MEU, it's been out for probably 5+ years at this point and there's many reviews floating around.  I owned one for maybe 3-4 years, ran it stock and it got the most abuse of any pistol I own/have owned, only time it had slight problems was when it got full of sand inside and that sand mixed with the silicone and got in all the teeny tiny crevices.  Strip down and a good clean later, fully sorted. End of the day it's the same inside as all the other TM 5" 1911s so any review of any of those will be applicable and there's tons of those out there (very few having much negative to say).

Thanks, I did have a look, but don't really know why I waited, just spent a fair but so won't be getting one soon, got to get rid of 3 pistols first

streetja

streetja

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

• Guns: CO2 VSR-10 sniper rifle
    WE WW2 full metal M1911A1 GBB
    G&P M16A4/M203 grenade launcher
    WE P226 E

• Loadouts: Ghillie Sniper - ghillie suited vsr c02 bolt action with we p226
    Heavy Assault - everything else

• Sites: Pheonix Airsoft

When I first joined the forums i'd spent pretty much 5 years while I was finishing school and studying at college with no money trying to make good airsoft guns out of broken backyard plinkers and now I have secured a job with my qualifications. So I thought it was nice to show you all where my wages seem to dwindle away into airsoft Primarily a gaming pc rig and guitar stuff on the side. Maybe even get some opinions on my gear I dont mind any comment if it means I filter through the rubbish gear to get to know the good gear with the advice of fellow airsofters.

Thanks for reading.   :lol:

So the first thing I bought a was a copy vsr which was shooting 650fps on 0.25g bbs which is obviously way too hot (the look on the guys face holding the chronograph down at my local site was funny) So I took it all the way to the patrol base store and those very nice chaps sorted everything out I wanted doing to it and now shoots on par with regulation limits.

Then I tried making a ghillie suit and realised how tasking it is and that I didnt have enough time with work and all now which I miss. So I had ordered one yesterday! (please dont judge because i ordered one) :rolleyes: Then I treat myself to a G&P M16A4 RAS Rifle AEG with a 552 holo sight also a magnifier is on the way.

My cousin wanted a grenade launcher on his KWA M4, so i treat him to one for his birthday and when it came it didnt fit on his M4 (but it did fit on my M16 lovely) ;)

So i ordered another M203 for him which now fits his M4 so we both have grenade launchers. :D

I've had my WW2 Colt M1911A1 for quite a while now and was wishing for something a bit more modern and tactical so i treat my self yet again to a WE Sig P226 (which i love)

Now for my wearable gear I have purchased a US army vest complete because I dont like really like getting into the molle side of vests (but i will one day) :wacko:

Then I got my dpm 95 trousers

My DPM 95 shirt just came today along with two spare mags for the P226 through the post. Also an SAS style Coat is on the way

Attached Files

kerby91

kerby91

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

• Sites: Gunman Tudders and Ravens Nest (ipswich)
Nice kit streetja, love the sas smocks, may have to get one now....hmmm...damn you!

streetja

streetja

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

WE P226 E

Nice kit streetja, love the sas smocks, may have to get one now....hmmm...damn you!

sorry dude haha

CKinnerley

CKinnerley

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1729 posts

If you're after some input this'd be mine.

The vest looks like Italian Vegetato, certainly not anything US Army related but then airsoft retailers have a bad habit of mis-labeling stuff.  MOLLE (or PALS to be more accurate) isn't complicated or expensive, check out the Warrior stuff and BULLE gear on UK Tactical and Flecktarn.co.uk respectively.  You can get a basic chest rig for not much money, indeed often less money then some of the f*****g absurd prices that some airsoft shops charge for poorly made copies of obsolete designs of load-bearing gear items.

That DPM shirt is some weird looking knock off stuff, get yourself on ebay and buy surplus if you want anything brit issue, it's comparatively cheap and mostly good quality (certainly CS95 stuff is, most of the new PCS cut stuff wont be as hardy overall).  Not sure what that smock is but they're good for carrying lots of stuff like food and lights and navigation/survial gear and not particularly useful for your average sunday game of running about in the woods, you'll hardly ever see anyone wear one; 100% not appropriate for indoor CQB too.  Get yourself a decent combat shirt/UBACS, particularly when the summer comes around you'll soon understand the desire for having the absolute minimum of material under your rig; the current PCS/MTP issued UBACS is IMO the best option for airsoft (including all the really expensive mega gucci s**t).

Not sure there is such a thing as a TM VSR 'copy' that uses gas, but hopefully someone who's more knowledgeable on bolt guns that me can comment on that.  Ghillies are damn hot so if you're gonna go the 'sniper' route just be aware of its' limitations, it's a very specific niche in an airsoft game.

Personally I'd dump a ton of stuff off that M16 cause it looks damn heavy.  40mm shells aren't very common because fun as they are, the usefulness vs weight ratio isn't good overall; some folks like 'em but you don't see them all that often for a reason.  You might have the inclination to drape all sorts of lights and lasers on that forend, but I'd advise against it.  I've been there, done that, so have many other people.. just... skip that step, save yourself the time and effort, you'll most likely realise the problems with it soon enough.  I mean heck if you're a massive body builder then maybe it'll feel like nothing in your hands, but otherwise put as little as possible on the forend of your guns.  I'd recommnd dropping the UGL, fitting a low-profile gas block and putting on some nice plastic handguards, your arms will thank you greatly after a few hours.  Again if you've skirmished this already then just ignore me, but if you haven't.. well give it a go and you'll probably see what I mean.

Internet forum disclaimer:

Everything's subjective, everything's about what the user wants in terms of looks and function in both guns and gear.  I'm not ragging on anything anybody uses in any way.  Just some advice based on experience gained through wasting a lot of time and a lot of money on kit/accessories etc that I've ended up not actually liking.

airsoftwarrior147

airsoftwarrior147

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

asg l96
    ics/cybergun m4a1
    classic army mp5sd5
    kwa sig p226

Might have actually just got myself a Tm Meu 1911 with 2 45 round mags 😃

Almightybeardedkial

Almightybeardedkial

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

• Guns: Gamo C-15 blowback dual ammo rotary clip. FPS 440.

• Loadouts: British MTP CAMO ex issued
    Mark 2
    Magnum desert patrol boots
    Oakley

If you're after some input this'd be mine.

The vest looks like Italian Vegetato, certainly not anything US Army related but then airsoft retailers have a bad habit of mis-labeling stuff.  MOLLE (or PALS to be more accurate) isn't complicated or expensive, check out the Warrior stuff and BULLE gear on UK Tactical and Flecktarn.co.uk respectively.  You can get a basic chest rig for not much money, indeed often less money then some of the f*****g absurd prices that some airsoft shops charge for poorly made copies of obsolete designs of load-bearing gear items.

That DPM shirt is some weird looking knock off stuff, get yourself on ebay and buy surplus if you want anything brit issue, it's comparatively cheap and mostly good quality (certainly CS95 stuff is, most of the new PCS cut stuff wont be as hardy overall).  Not sure what that smock is but they're good for carrying lots of stuff like food and lights and navigation/survial gear and not particularly useful for your average sunday game of running about in the woods, you'll hardly ever see anyone wear one; 100% not appropriate for indoor CQB too.  Get yourself a decent combat shirt/UBACS, particularly when the summer comes around you'll soon understand the desire for having the absolute minimum of material under your rig; the current PCS/MTP issued UBACS is IMO the best option for airsoft (including all the really expensive mega gucci s**t).

Not sure there is such a thing as a TM VSR 'copy' that uses gas, but hopefully someone who's more knowledgeable on bolt guns that me can comment on that.  Ghillies are damn hot so if you're gonna go the 'sniper' route just be aware of its' limitations, it's a very specific niche in an airsoft game.

Personally I'd dump a ton of stuff off that M16 cause it looks damn heavy.  40mm shells aren't very common because fun as they are, the usefulness vs weight ratio isn't good overall; some folks like 'em but you don't see them all that often for a reason.  You might have the inclination to drape all sorts of lights and lasers on that forend, but I'd advise against it.  I've been there, done that, so have many other people.. just... skip that step, save yourself the time and effort, you'll most likely realise the problems with it soon enough.  I mean heck if you're a massive body builder then maybe it'll feel like nothing in your hands, but otherwise but as little as possible on the forend of your guns.  I'd recommnd dropping the UGL, fitting a low-profile gas block and putting on some nice plastic handguards, your arms will thank you greatly after a few hours.  Again if you've skirmished this already then just ignore me, but if you haven't.. well give it a go and you'll probably see what I mean.

Internet forum disclaimer:
Everything's subjective, everything's about what the user wants in terms of looks and function in both guns and gear.  I'm not ragging on anything anybody uses in any way.  Just some advice based on experience gained through wasting a lot of time and a lot of money on kit/accessories etc that I've ended up not actually liking.

I'd agree not a US Army vest, well not anything they wear these days, I'd say its mthatsitsly if not all about plate carriers and those sort of chest rigs. That definitley looks like shady DPM of the british ex issue kind anyway, As CKinnerley said get on ebay or find your nearest surplus shop there more than likely to stock a generous amount of cs95 dpm as its now for the use of deployment and anything for the british obseletebritishearing certain things like cadets or maybe training excersises.MTP is the way forward in my opinion and its much better made the pockets are a lot better and the whole design.Ubacs are a good shout though or a good tactical hoodie for its cold at the minute.

As anything it's personal preference and if your happy with your gear then good for you dude ! Its nice to have advice of the guys on here.

Almightybeardedkial

Almightybeardedkial

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

• Guns: Gamo C-15 blowback dual ammo rotary clip. FPS 440.

• Loadouts: British MTP CAMO ex issued
    Mark 2
    Magnum desert patrol boots
    Oakley
Excuse the typos my phone dosent seem to comprehend well the letters I type im sure you can hopefully piece what im trying to say together !

n1ckh

n1ckh

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1307 posts

• Guns: G&G cm16 M4 raider
    M58B shotgun
    CYMA glock 18c aep
    Beretta M9 gas pistol

• Loadouts: Chest rig, my old army kit, regiment beret, mesh goggles & mask and fingerless tactical gloves

• Sites: Black ops cribbs
    Black ops portishead
    Spartan airsoft Bristol
I still use my DPM kit from my army days, its what I grew up with so to speak, its all dull and worn in

Viper make a UBAC shirt in DPM which I use now, I even have my old chest rig I bought while serving but now gone over to molle stuff in olive drab, I will be investing in MTP gear (my boys already have it cause of the army cadets) they noticed DPM is better at night as being darker in colour

AND I still use my SAS smock during winter and autumn along with an olive green shemagh

streetja

streetja

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

WE P226 E

Thanks for the help on the gear guys and yes the VSR copy is manufactured by Swiss Arms, a cheap knock off C02 version, the canister goes in the bolt out of the box and they shoot over 800 FPS when purchased they are meant to be downgraded but mine wasn't done enough so I couldn't use it I really appreciate the gear help though. Also I really need to get buying some real stuff instead of cheap crap off Amazon I had a viper ubacs shirt and I hated the arms, attached or detached they felt so bulky so I gave it away but I now will get ordering.

streetja

streetja

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

WE P226 E

Oh and i'm not putting anything else on the M16 its heavy enough. I have some rail covers to put on

n1ckh

n1ckh

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1307 posts

• Guns: G&G cm16 M4 raider
    M58B shotgun
    CYMA glock 18c aep
    Beretta M9 gas pistol

• Loadouts: Chest rig, my old army kit, regiment beret, mesh goggles & mask and fingerless tactical gloves

• Sites: Black ops cribbs
    Black ops portishead
    Spartan airsoft Bristol
I took the foam inserts out of my sleeves and shoulders, irritating to hell but now its more comfy

TacMaster

TacMaster

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1907 posts

• Guns: G&G M4
    CYMA RPK-74
    S-Thunder 40mm grenade launcher
    KJW USP

• Loadouts: Full OD
    MTP

• Sites: Anywhere I can get to

I've noticed that MTP can be surprisingly effective on lighter nights when the moon's out, and it doesn't limit you to the shadows as much as DPM would- in the daytime it's all subjective as to the terrain it's used on. Some training areas around Bordon/Aldershot way as well as some aspects of Salisbury plain are very sandy or have lighter soil, making MTP more effective- however it would be nowhere near as good in the Welsh valleys or the Scottish highlands.

At a stretch it might be effective in Lincolnshire and other corn growing areas.

"No, he's not the messiah; he's a very NAUGHTY BOY!!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users