Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The 'What have you just bought' Thread

• Please log in to reply
7386 replies to this topic

Lozart

Lozart

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3745 posts

• Guns: Custom M4
    CA MP5K
    G&G SCAR-L CQC
    TM HK45
    A&K M249 Para
    M14 EBR Mod1
    Specna Arms MK18

• Sites: The Mall, Reading
    Ironsight, Andover

Still needed a fabric holster anyway, and will no doubt have a NUPROL one too for without a light. 

Speaking of which might look at getting the Nextorch WL10 in the new year.

Can I ask where you guys bought yours? Because they're only £40 off a website called FFX yet all the tactical gear / airsoft retailers charge £50-£60

Mine came from Socom Tactical. I was quite surprised that the Nextorch range isn't that much cheaper buying from HK to be honest. Well worth the money in my opinion whatever you get it for!

Airsoft_Mr B

Airsoft_Mr B

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1723 posts

• Guns: CYMA M4, WE G17

• Loadouts: MARPAT
    AUSCAM (DPCU)

• Sites: Halo Mill
    Alpha One
    F&O Khe Sanh

Mine came from Socom Tactical. I was quite surprised that the Nextorch range isn't that much cheaper buying from HK to be honest. Well worth the money in my opinion whatever you get it for!

Yeah from allt good stuff I've seen about them I'd say they're the definitely best pistol mounted light for the money IMO

I know SureFire etc would be better but won't spend over £100 for one

Do you have a lens protector for yours as well? Would get some lexan to put over but then not sure how it'd actually attach.

Lozart

Lozart

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3745 posts

CA MP5K
    G&G SCAR-L CQC
    TM HK45
    A&K M249 Para
    M14 EBR Mod1
    Specna Arms MK18

Ironsight, Andover

Yeah from allt good stuff I've seen about them I'd say they're the definitely best pistol mounted light for the money IMO
I know SureFire etc would be better but won't spend over £100 for one
Do you have a lens protector for yours as well? Would get some lexan to put over but then not sure how it'd actually attach.

No lens protection on mine. I like to live dangerously!

Airsoft_Mr B

Airsoft_Mr B

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1723 posts

• Guns: CYMA M4, WE G17

• Loadouts: MARPAT
    AUSCAM (DPCU)

• Sites: Halo Mill
    Alpha One
    F&O Khe Sanh

WE NUPROL G-Series / EU-Series Holster - £17.99

Emerson FAST Helmet (PJ, Black) - £25

For the Emerson helmet, definitely the best price in the UK AFAIK. Was thinking of buying one last night off AliExpress from China and was gonna be £20. 

So only another fiver is definitely worth it. Other places seen them go for £30-£35 for the cheaper economy version. 

New holsters are great, much better than expected. Retention / construction quality seems very close to the genuine real deal IMI. 

Review to come, video made too but needs editing and uploading. 

Dad bought:
WE NUPROL F226 Holster - £17.99

WE NUPROL F226 Magazine Holster - £13.99

WE F226 Magazine - £22.95 (I think) 

Tempted to buy a Warrior Sabre leg rig...but in my experience they don't work out well for me since I am short. 

Viper holster I got off Loz is great but I need to sort of bend down to grab it which ofc isn't great

Next purchases will probably be an extra Glock mag and WE magazine holster, was looking to get them today as well but they didn't have any mags left.

nuprolholst.jpgglock.jpgfast.jpg

sp00n

sp00n

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1908 posts

• Guns: 1 or 2

• Loadouts: Fat Guy in MTP
    FAT NINJA!!!

26180853-5B91-41B8-9094-6B8DFFE71109_zps

so much for me not buying any gas guns  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Things i am after :-

TM FA-MAS parts! (hop, flash hider assembly, and trigger guard)

FA-MAS hi caps!

sniper.gifboom-1.gif

"UKARA registration number, which is as close to a licence as a Tesco Club Card.~ Ian_Gere"

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
About time lol by far better than the alternatives

Chock

Chock

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Got home to find my shiny new 30th Anniversary Metal G&G M4 had arrived. Here's a pic of the fancy logo on the receiver with the unique serial number, for those wondering about what's different on these ones:

GampGM4engraving_zps0933b18e.jpg

"Think not that I came to send peace on the earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword."

PT247

PT247

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2535 posts

• Guns: KJW KC-02, Krytac SPR, PDW & SDP, TM VSR G-Spec, Mk23 & G27.

• Loadouts: whatever is comfortable

• Sites: Dogtag Airsoft - Holmbush

battery for my Evo3

Will Lewer

Will Lewer

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

• Guns: G&G GC16 30th Anniversary Rifle,
    TM Glock 17

• Loadouts: Olive Drab

• Sites: Holmbush Dogtag Airsoft

Got home to find my shiny new 30th Anniversary Metal G&G M4 had arrived. Here's a pic of the fancy logo on the receiver with the unique serial number, for those wondering about what's different on these ones:

GampGM4engraving_zps0933b18e.jpg

Very nice! Expecting mine any day now! :D

"Sorry boss, but there's only two men I trust. One of them's me. The other's not you." <_<

airsoftwarrior147

airsoftwarrior147

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

• Guns: vfc hk417 sniper
    asg l96
    ics/cybergun m4a1
    classic army mp5sd5
    kwa sig p226

• Loadouts: marine force recon in the making

• Sites: the grange
My dad's just been and brought a Tokyo Marui steyr Aug with the phantom kit and 3 mags

And some redwolf free bees

Chock

Chock

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Just noticed that the flash hider on my (not quite as shiny as it is supposed to be) new G&G 30th Anniversary M4 which I bought, is broken at the tip. I've emailed them about it; hopefully they will send me a replacement one rather than making me go through all the hassle of packaging the thing up and sending the entire gun back to them and having them send me another. I would have thought that'd make more sense, since it would cost them less to stick a flash hider in an envelope than it would to courier a new gun to me.

"Think not that I came to send peace on the earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword."

Lozart

Lozart

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3745 posts

CA MP5K
    G&G SCAR-L CQC
    TM HK45
    A&K M249 Para
    M14 EBR Mod1
    Specna Arms MK18

Ironsight, Andover

Just noticed that the flash hider on my (not quite as shiny as it is supposed to be) new G&G 30th Anniversary M4 which I bought, is broken at the tip. I've emailed them about it; hopefully they will send me a replacement one rather than making me go through all the hassle of packaging the thing up and sending the entire gun back to them and having them send me another. I would have thought that'd make more sense, since it would cost them less to stick a flash hider in an envelope than it would to courier a new gun to me.

Broken? How?

team flex

team flex

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1142 posts

• Guns: G&G CM16 Carbine,
    TM M4A1
    HFC G17,

• Loadouts: standard issue kit

• Sites: UW limpsfield

THE MALL - soon

i think it's meant to be like that. if you mean like this then it's just the design  GP087A-L.jpg

gif_300x200_dd640c.gif

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein

Chock

Chock

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

The flash hider is plastic, part of the tip of it has a bit chipped out of it, in roughly a triangular shape. It actually looks a little bit like its a deliberate cut out to compensate for muzzle climb, and at first I though it was, but when you look closely at the flash hider, you can see it is part which is broken off as it is a very obvious rough snapped edge.

Mack

Mack

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1169 posts

• Guns: TM Sopmod Block II M4
    Dboys Scar Mk17
    WE G17
    AA G17
    HK3 Px4

• Loadouts: MARSOC
    USSF

• Sites: Greenzone Combat Armagh

If like below, its supposed to be that way

Queensburgh-20120831-00468.jpg

pmdgngxpilot.pngBoeing777_Banner_Pilot_zps560238d1.jpg

Instagram: @mack84

Chock

Chock

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

i think it's meant to be like that. if you mean like this then it's just the design  

Nah, I know what you mean, and it may be meant to look like the pic you posted, as I know some flash hiders are like that, but if you look at this pic, you can see it is very obviously not a smooth finish if there is meant to be a compensating cut out part, so if that is supposedly what the finished part looks like, then it is as rough as a bear's arse and quite clearly not up to par. Check out these pics of it, that is very obviously a chipped edge, not smooth at all. Of course I could file it smooth, and if they tell me they're all like that then i will do so, but frankly, it's very ropey casting and QC if they really are all like that:

flashhider_zps21ea969b.jpg

Sam91

Sam91

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

• Guns: G&G M4
    G&P M16A3
    G&P M16VN
    Shoot and Scoot Lee Enfield Number 4
    Dan Wesson 4" Revolver

• Loadouts: USMC (Sort of - aiming for)
    US Army
    WW2 British Army

• Sites: C3 Tactical (Cwmcarvan - Monmouth/South West Site)

G&P Silencer

20mm rail sling mount

Cayote Tan USMC FILBE bergen/rucksack

team flex

team flex

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1142 posts

• Guns: G&G CM16 Carbine,
    TM M4A1
    HFC G17,

• Loadouts: standard issue kit

• Sites: UW limpsfield

THE MALL - soon

Nah, I know what you mean, and it may be meant to look like the pic you posted, as I know some flash hiders are like that, but if you look at this pic, you can see it is very obviously not a smooth finish if there is meant to be a compensating cut out part, so if that is supposedly what the finished part looks like, then it is as rough as a bear's arse and quite clearly not up to par. Check out these pics of it, that is very obviously a chipped edge, not smooth at all. Of course I could file it smooth, and if they tell me they're all like that then i will do so, but frankly, it's very ropey casting and QC if they really are all like that:

flashhider_zps21ea969b.jpg

yes that doesn't look like too much of a smooth cut, I guess it probably is not meant to be like that...

gif_300x200_dd640c.gif

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein

Chock

Chock

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Managed to find a battery for my camera with a macro lens, here's a better pic of how ropey it looks:

flashhider_zpse416e781.jpg

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
G&g ones tend to look a bit crap like that probably just one that's slightly worse done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users