Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What is this gun?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
We realise its a bundeswehr g3 variant, we were wondering what the designation is
It's got to be a ris'd sg1, I reckon the photo is older than it looks

Flynn567

Flynn567

AF-UK Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

• Guns: JG G36C
    JG G36E
    SA1

• Loadouts: Pantac Wasatch
    AF-UK Patch
    Safari Digger Hat
    DPM Camo

• Sites: POW Airsoft

We realise its a bundeswehr g3 variant, we were wondering what the designation is
It's got to be a ris'd sg1, I reckon the photo is older than it looks

A SG1 is a G3 its a G3SG1 :P
Demons run when a good man goes to war

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
I know but the extra g3 bit is extra effort to type

Vyking

Vyking

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

• Guns: G36C, R.45, Skorpion, MEU, SL9-SD,Glock 17, M93R Full Metal, Dragunov, GLM, GL-06

• Loadouts: Black Pantac MBSS plate carrier, Flecktarn SAAV, more Flecktarn
Gee Marksman, shortening acronyms even further? In future you now must use the full title- Gewehr drei Scharfschutzegewehr eins lol.

There is a sentence in the wiki that I missed earlier saying some variants are still in use. As it would be firing 7.62 NATO, which is a marksman round, it is conceivable that maybe there are some modded G3 DMRs or semi-auto sniper systems in service. I don't think it's a merc- the guy is wearing Wustentarn, has German flags on his T-shirt and the picture is credited to a Petty Officer Wayman who Google reveals to be some sort of official US Navy photographer, unlikely they would take official pictures of contractors showing off gear.

Yeah... GBB G3 with an option to RIS the forend, I'd sell a sizeable chunk of my kit to purchase something like that. Would you ask for a RIS optics rail or a classic claw mount?

Flynn567

Flynn567

AF-UK Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

• Guns: JG G36C
    JG G36E
    SA1

• Loadouts: Pantac Wasatch
    AF-UK Patch
    Safari Digger Hat
    DPM Camo

• Sites: POW Airsoft

Gee Marksman, shortening acronyms even further? In future you now must use the full title- Gewehr drei Scharfschutzegewehr eins lol.

There is a sentence in the wiki that I missed earlier saying some variants are still in use. As it would be firing 7.62 NATO, which is a marksman round, it is conceivable that maybe there are some modded G3 DMRs or semi-auto sniper systems in service. I don't think it's a merc- the guy is wearing Wustentarn, has German flags on his T-shirt and the picture is credited to a Petty Officer Wayman who Google reveals to be some sort of official US Navy photographer, unlikely they would take official pictures of contractors showing off gear.

Yeah... GBB G3 with an option to RIS the forend, I'd sell a sizeable chunk of my kit to purchase something like that. Would you ask for a RIS optics rail or a classic claw mount?

It was a official US Navy photographer but it still mite be a pic of a PMC, as for the flag if I was working in Afghanistan with the US army I would have flags and a sign saying "Im scottish dont shot me you yankee *****" we are talking about the people who tried to shoot down one of there own stealth bombers with a patriot missile LOL

I would go with the Railed handguard and claw mount just so you keep that classic G3 outline
Demons run when a good man goes to war

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
If you were wearing Scottish patches, the chances are they'd still shoot you :P

Flynn567

Flynn567

AF-UK Veteran

• Supporters