Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DMR Upgrades

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

rusty1109

rusty1109

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Hi all,

I'm looking at turning my SR-25K into what it should be, a DMR rifle.

First order of business will be to get it tuned back up because I had it de-tuned for use at the mall. Can anyone recommend somewhere to get a tune up done?

After that I'm looking at a precision barrel, but after a LOT of reading I'm still none the wiser as to what diameter to go for, does anyone have any hands on experience with precision barrels of different diameters? Preferably with advice on where to source said barrel in the UK.

After that I am looking to change the hop rubber, can anyone recommend one? Again with a source preferably.

I don't think that I'll be able to change the hop unit itself because the SR-25 has funky magazines, am I right?

The aim is to be able to reach out a little further and put more rounds on target / reduce stray round occurance.

With that in mind can anyone think of anything else worth doing?

Cheers all,

Rusty

Cam-the-airsoft-sniper

Cam-the-airsoft-sniper

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

• Guns: G&G GR16
    A Russian Gun (Find out soon!)

• Loadouts: DPM, Viper tactical assult vesst, viper leg holster. Stuff
Well:

Barrle Bore is a debatible subject: some say tight others say wide. The best barrles are made by edgi,
Now PDI sell acuracy barrels that are 6.08 so it is up to you find what you like.

Hop-up rubber: EVERY gun has its own prefered rubber (much like people te he) so you will have to see what your gun likes, for exaple my gun cant stand madbull red but it likes G&G cold resistant.

As for the hop-up there are a few basic modds you can do to improve it. read this:
http://airsoftsniper...amp;thread=1291

Any more questions just ask :P

Cam.
You! I know you want a AK-47, buy this one: http://www.airsoft-f...showtopic=10182
Call me Red, Texas Red.....
War, War never changes

rusty1109

rusty1109

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Thats an excellent site!

For starters I'm going to shim my hop arm, pad out my outer barrel against my RIS and have a play with some hop rubbers.

Still undecided about what bore to go for though, no-one has a definitive answer do they!

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
I think the conclusion has generally been reached that (on these forums at least) 6.03 is best.

rusty1109

rusty1109

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
That is what I am leaning towards, I'm off to the faklands in a few weeks anyway so plenty of time to plan (and save for!) my ideal DMR setup.

Ok I have decided to go for a 6.03 mm barrel.

Now the question is what make to go for?

Ones I have seen are:
Madbull
Prometheus
Ultimate

And I am sure there are others.

Any advice about that?

Also anyone know a good way to pad out the inside of my RIS to stabilise my outer barrel?

Cheers,

Rusty

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
if you can, get a pdi- much higher quality.
if not get a prometheus barrel.
i wouldn't bother padding it- the barrel should be secure enough as it is so i wouldnt worry.- i would however use barrel spacers (made of tape) on the inner barrel, between it and the outer barrel. this will stabilise it and reduce vibrations, thus increasing accuracy

rusty1109

rusty1109

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
If you can sounds about right, know any UK stockists?

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
I think fire support have some

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users