Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Walther or USP

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Glen666

Glen666

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

• Guns: TM MP7A1 GBB, G&P M4 Spec Ops, VFC M4, ASG G36C, KJW P226 C02, 1911 STI Tac Master, WE Glock 17

• Sites: Blue Streak Airsoft
Hi all,

I am new to the sport and have been recommended two handguns to get me started but I'm not sure which is the best choice for a rookie, either a USP http://www.badgertac...sp-compact.html, or a Walther P99 http://www.badgertac...alther-p99.html, any ideas??

Cheers
Glen

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

• Guns: ICS L85, ICS M4, CYMA AK105, TM G36c, A&K M249 Para, WE MP5A5, FNX .45, KJW P226.

• Loadouts: UK Police and Contemporary British Army kit.

• Sites: Gunman Eversley
    Red 1 Airsoft - The School
    Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall
If your just starting i wouldn't go straight into gas guns and stuff, i got one, and realised, everytime i use it i must take it apart and clean it, if you do still want one, i would go with a KWA USP.45 :)

It's ares, it'll be ok...

for 5 minutes :lol:

Posted Image

Glen666

Glen666

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

• Guns: TM MP7A1 GBB, G&P M4 Spec Ops, VFC M4, ASG G36C, KJW P226 C02, 1911 STI Tac Master, WE Glock 17

If your just starting i wouldn't go straight into gas guns and stuff, i got one, and realised, everytime i use it i must take it apart and clean it, if you do still want one, i would go with a KWA USP.45 :)

Cheers, is there any particular reason you would go for the USP or is that personal preference??

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

• Guns: ICS L85, ICS M4, CYMA AK105, TM G36c, A&K M249 Para, WE MP5A5, FNX .45, KJW P226.

• Loadouts: UK Police and Contemporary British Army kit.

• Sites: Gunman Eversley
    Red 1 Airsoft - The School
    Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall
Personal Preference, plus, i haven't heard of many reviews on the P99, but since my mate has the USP, he says its really good. :)

It's ares, it'll be ok...

for 5 minutes :lol:

Posted Image

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
I wouldnt go gas if you're new, but if you do, get a tokyo marui- itll be more reliable than most and more efficient

Glen666

Glen666

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Personal Preference, plus, i haven't heard of many reviews on the P99, but since my mate has the USP, he says its really good. :)

Fair enough cheers

I wouldnt go gas if you're new, but if you do, get a tokyo marui- itll be more reliable than most and more efficient

Thanks a lot I just had a read through very helpful

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2373 posts
If you're starting out, get an AEG first -spend about 200 on the gun, battery and charger (and don't let the fact that some guns come with a battery and charger sway you - you'll want to replace them instantly)

out of those two it would be entirely down to personal preference rather than any difference in 'skirmishability'

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

lemon191

lemon191

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

• Guns: CM16 GBB
    JG M733
    TM AK47
    CYMA G18c
    AA R85A1

• Loadouts: ACU/UCP
    DPM
    DDPM

• Sites: Close Action
for looks id go for the p99 although the other may be easier to get mags for.

rusty1109

rusty1109

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Sidearms rarely get used so it's all about what you like the look of.

Between those two choices you won't go far wrong.

I will second what has been said about marui pistols though, good choice for a beginner because they are so reliable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users