Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TM M16 Vietnam broken barrel

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

dangermouse425

dangermouse425

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Hi all,

I own a Tokyo Marui M16 Vietnam version. The rifle-grip part of the outer body has snapped from the main receiver. The barrel itself is undamaged and it works fine, but the outer barrel won't stay glued back on as the break has caused it to be very fragile.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is it possible to buy new bits to replace it? Like a new receiver and outer barrel? Are these prohibitively expensive? Is it worth anything to sell as parts?

Apologies for the blurry pic, I'll upload a better one tonight.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Regards,

DM425

Attached Files

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2374 posts
sadly unless you can find spare TM M16VN parts on forums, it's a whole new gun you'll be needing.

You will have to replace the reciever as it's broken, and the front end will not fit on anything else other than the TM M16VN upper.

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

dangermouse425

dangermouse425

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

sadly [...] it's a whole new gun you'll be needing.

Thanks for the reply.

Shame, I might end up selling it for spares or to someone that wants to fix it up. What kind of money can I realistically get for it in this condition? All the innards work perfectly, it's just the outer plastic that's broken.

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2374 posts
You'd probably be better off selling it as the grip, motor, gearbox and stock as individual components.

Motor - 15?
Gearbox - 50?
stock and grip - 40? due to their unique dimensions (shorter stock than standard M16 and the grip is FAR more comfy than an A2 style)

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

dangermouse425

dangermouse425

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Fair one, thanks for the tip!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users