Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

UGH! Parents!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Hubert

Hubert

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

• Guns: Currently playing with:
    Walther PPK & P99 with suppressor, SIG-Sauer P228
    W.E. L85 & SUSAT

• Loadouts: FBI/ NYPD Detective.
    Generic soldier 2007+
I had a few problems with my parents. My mum still isn't overly happy with it. (Although neither of them are overly impressed by the way my L85 has constantly broken or died...)

But - yet another solution.
X-station-3-play360-box or whatever they are - cost about 150-400.
Airsoft guns - cost about 120 to 500.

A games console costs about the same as an airsoft gun. But - an airsoft gun, takes you out into the wide outdoors and fresh air (usually) and helps you improve minor technical skills. A games console, does not. You sit, for hours on end, in a small, dark room. No exercise.
Therefore - airsoft = good sport! :lol:

It worked for me!
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt: run in little circles, wave your arms and shout
- Parody of the Litany of Command, popular with Commissar cadets.

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2372 posts
actually, I never thought of it like that before, I will have to bear that one in mind for when other ask this.

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

Matt!

Matt!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: L119A1

• Loadouts: DDPM, DPM, OD, TAN
however, airsoft costs you 20-30 (walk on % BB's) every 2 weeks, and dont forget mags and gas aswell :lol:

oh and when the time arises where you really like the look at that new gun :P

Posted Image

New To Airsoft? | Transporting RIF's?

{C}
QUOTE (Devastator)
Welcome to the forums :)

shaneyplane

shaneyplane

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

• Guns: ICS L85
    K J Works P226

• Loadouts: British DPM (woodland)
    FSBE Olive Molle assault vest
My Wife doesnt like me having guns in the house, even more now we have a little one, so i have compramised and locked them in a cabinet so there safe, but i think ur dad is jut looking out for what he thinks is best for you.
The more you sweat the less you bleed

abbadon101

abbadon101

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

• Guns: Way to many for this box now. Not sure if thats good or bad :S

• Loadouts: 80's SAS Loadout
    Modern SAS loadout
    Ausi SASR Nam Loadout
    90's US SF Loadout

however, airsoft costs you 20-30 (walk on % BB's) every 2 weeks, and dont forget mags and gas aswell :lol:

oh and when the time arises where you really like the look at that new gun :P

Shhhhh you are undermining the argument. My mother came into my room the other day to find me with 3 guns on the floor as I was cleaning them, barely even dropped a word so I am guessing she is now ok with them. Parents (unless they are the ones I serve on a regular basis) on the whole want the best for their kids, and when their child asks "can I have a gun" it sets all sort of alarm bells off.

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2372 posts

ah yes, but with a console you can spend 30-60 every 4 weeks or so on a new game (even more around november when the games are all released at once)

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
I think my mum is finnaly becoming ok with airsoft. She still dosn't like it but at least she dosn't get really annoyed anymore, and she even held my gun!
Saxon Airsoft's Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.c...ft?feature=mhee

hazbo

hazbo

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

• Guns: 2 tone m 14 socom

• Loadouts: lots of it
i had the opposite my mum thought it was to dangerous but i overcame that by prooving my gun saftey knowlage, but my dad is in the military so he loves it so its just one big ongoing battle... but airsofting will win :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users