Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Two questions.

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Williham12

Williham12

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

• Guns: None, but looking at getting a two tone G&G M4A1.

• Loadouts: DPM trousers, Black T-Shirt, WAS Compact RICAS OD Knee-pad, OD Gloves and Assault boots.
Well, actually that isn't strictly true. He doesn't Snowboard he Ski's. When we went to the Alps, he was Skiing really slowly and I was going fast, so I had to wait for him the whole time. He is quite cautious, and I reckon he would probably get hurt. I suppose he might. But it would be at a push.

Finius

Finius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1616 posts

I've seen plenty of over 50's playing at my site, my dad didn't think he would enjoy it but he did when he got there he did.

Actually, Finius will vouch for this aswell, there is one guy at our site, (The Grange) who is called Brian, not sure how old he is but he must be over about 55, he has MS, and he still manages to get around alot.

In the safe zone he walks around with a stick but when he gets on the field he is like a very well disguised Ninja!

Brian is an absolute hero. He's got a mobility scooter for drive-by assaults and everything (I kid you not, absolute hero, I wish I could say that I'd be able to man up even half as much as Brian if I got told I'd got MS). In terms of people I respect and how much I respect them, Brian is right up there with the boys in Afghan. Airsoft isn't easy for him, but I'll be damned if he's ever once complained about it being too demanding. Makes me think about how pathetic some of my own "problems" throughout life have been!

As for using the exact same stock, in principle, with an over eighteen in attendance and on-site only, you probably aren't going to get into trouble for it. It's one of those things where you're technically being very naughty, but you're doing it in the right way. Essentially, you're living in a grey area, but what I'd say is that modifying the original composition of the gun IS manufacture, especially with a part as intrinsic as the stock. Honest advice? Consult with your site. They'll have their own rules about this sort of thing and what they feel is "safe".

Cameron364

Cameron364

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

• Guns: M4A1
    MEU

• Loadouts: A-Tacs Chest Rig

• Sites: The Grange
I've only met Briann twice but he does seem like a genuine bloke, and yes I have never heard him complain, didn't know he did drive bys though, that must be quite funny!. Does he have like tank treads or something?

Finius

Finius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1616 posts
Nah, he only uses it at Honiley, I believe SWFAT were intending to mount some sort of heavy machine gun on it or something at some point...

Cameron364

Cameron364

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

• Guns: M4A1
    MEU

• Loadouts: A-Tacs Chest Rig

• Sites: The Grange
I've only played Honiley but he hasn't used it yet, would love to see it though, the first time I went, he was armed with his pistol and his F2000 and I think he took out a whole room of about three or four people, he is pretty awesome!

Finius

Finius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1616 posts
We're now completely detached from the actual point of this thread, but that's pretty standard for Brian, he's damned good.

Williham12

Williham12

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

• Guns: None, but looking at getting a two tone G&G M4A1.

• Loadouts: DPM trousers, Black T-Shirt, WAS Compact RICAS OD Knee-pad, OD Gloves and Assault boots.
Thanks Finius, I will consult the site when I go this month. As for Brian, he does sound Godly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users