Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TM SOPMOD M4

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Ammo

Ammo

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

• Guns: TM M4 SOPMOD CQBR, KWA MP7, KWA USP .45, KJW Mk.1, WE 1911A1 SILVER x2, RC-XD.
Hi guys.

I was looking at removing the stock delta ring to install the G&P delta ring set in its place on my SOPMOD M4 so that the Magpul MOE grip can be installed without any issues (with the standard delta ring set it's too loose and was recommended the G&P set).

I have no idea how to remove the delta ring bits to install the G&P set and also am at a loss on how to go about removing the silver bar along the top too since I was told that will need to be removed to be able to allow the fitting of the G&P set. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Ammo.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
You need to get an armourers wrench

Ammo

Ammo

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

• Guns: TM M4 SOPMOD CQBR, KWA MP7, KWA USP .45, KJW Mk.1, WE 1911A1 SILVER x2, RC-XD.
Got that already as I had needed one to change the spring (and open the stock pipe). I think I managed to find the answer though. There was a screw under the delta ring that kept it in place which all I had needed to do was unscrew to take it all apart. Looking at a few videos online I managed to find out (strangely enough it was while I was looking at a guide on how to strip a real steal AR) that to remove the gas block/pipe I have to punch out the pins that hold the front sight in place. So I think I know how to do it now, lol.

Thank you though mate. :)

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Not probs, sounds like you've sorted it :P

Ammo

Ammo

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

The worst part now is that I have no idea if I can be bothered to spend the money on the G&P Delta set just for the sake of having the MOE hand guard sit better on the rifle (there's slight only slight wobble at the moment cause it doesn't fit properly onto the delta ring but it seems stable enough) more so when I probably won't opt to use the MOE hand guard all the time. :-/ But at least if I decide to change the outer barrel to the carbine version I now know how to go about doing that. :)

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
You could out electrical tape on the ends of the handguard to reduce wobble, that could work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users