Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TapaTalk Plugin or Mobile Version

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Auto Freak

Auto Freak

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

• Guns: G&G MP5
    Beretta PX4 ( on order )

• Loadouts: MFH Tactical Vest With Pouches & Hydration Pack
    Face Mask

I have just joined but was suprised to see that you do not have the TapaTalk plugin installed. TapaTalk is very common now for mobile users and I for one use it for ZeroIn ( when its working ) and airsoftireland. Is there any possibility of making it possible ?

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
I think dev (admin) is away, but I don't think many people use their mobiles for this anyway, there is a low-fi version though

Tristan Orr

Tristan Orr

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
Works fine on my iPhone :)

Auto Freak

Auto Freak

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Beretta PX4 ( on order )

Face Mask

Ok cool, its just a suggestion, I personally will only use a forum that does not support TapaTalk when I am on my laptop which is probably once a week where as I use TapaTalk forums maybe 20 times a day

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Haha, fair enough. What phone do you have, both my HTC desire and old iPhone run this version fine, infact I don't even use tapatalk at all :P

Auto Freak

Auto Freak

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Beretta PX4 ( on order )

Face Mask

3gs. Its only because I have got used to TapTalk that I like it. Saves all that pinch to zoom and scrolling just. Im lazy ok ! lol

Tristan Orr

Tristan Orr

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
lol crazy irish man!

Auto Freak

Auto Freak

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Beretta PX4 ( on order )

Face Mask

:blink: moi ?!
:) No wonder. My brain has been washed out with two solid days of heavy rain. We cant all get it nice and sunny like yourselves on the mainland lol

Tristan Orr

Tristan Orr

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
lol, very true ;)

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
There is the lofi version at:

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/lofi - you can only view the forums though not reply etc.

Unfortunately tapatalk isn't supported on this version of the forum and when I have people telling me the full version works OK on mobile I am reluctant to try and sort anything out myself (no promises I even have the capability)

If we manage to shift all the forum patches etc. an upgrade will come and this kind of thing will be supported. You have to remember that we are an independent forum and we don't have a store backing us up financially like Zero In does. This does give us plenty of other benefits though, such as a forum where everyone is far more free to talk about whatever they like.

Auto Freak

Auto Freak

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Beretta PX4 ( on order )

Face Mask

I fully understand and as you say, if folk are happy enough to use it the way it is, why bother :)
I will still use the forum but its just nice to have all your eggs in one basket lol
Thanks for the reply and your time

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
No problem, and it's not that I'm fobbing off your suggestion, I want to do it too! We just can't at the moment.

Cheers.

Auto Freak

Auto Freak

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Beretta PX4 ( on order )

Face Mask

I understand and dont hink that your fobbing me off lol. You guys do a hell of alot for these forums and deserve alot of credit already. Thanks again.

Auto Freak

Auto Freak

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Beretta PX4 ( on order )

Face Mask

Arnies have now jumped onto the band wagon with the TapaTalk plugin

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Doesn't really matter, its not like we try to compete against others

Auto Freak

Auto Freak

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Beretta PX4 ( on order )

Face Mask

Ok cool, its just a suggestion, I personally will only use a forum that does not support TapaTalk when I am on my laptop which is probably once a week where as I use TapaTalk forums maybe 20 times a day

Not for one minute being a pest but simply reviewing that this is the next time I have logged in as TapaTalk is not supported :wacko:

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Have you tried using the mobile version? Split at the moment as some people love it others hate it. Also a bit put off that they charge for the app. We don't really agree that anyone should have to pay to view the forum in the way they want to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users