Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hot wires, locking...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Governor

Governor

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

• Guns: VSR-10 (PDI & SDiK)
    VFC M4ES Recon
    A&K M249 Para
    LCT AK104
    Ares AM-016
    TM MK23 SOCOM
    WE P226
Hi,
I have just bought:
Hurricane High Speed Gear set
and
SHS High torque motor

It is all ready to go but then when I go to shoot it, it works fine but the wires get very hot - it has a 20 and 25 amp fuse (tried both)
and then it suddenly locks up but then in about 1 minute it works again, I don't want to use it in this state, here are a few pictures (at the bottom) of various points.

Thanks in advanced

Albert

P.S. it is now locked up and wont unlock

Attached Files

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
You may have put the motor too high

Tristan Orr

Tristan Orr

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
Sounds like to me your getting a lot of resistance, you might want to get a DMM and check the resistance when pulling the trigger, this can be a pain to do but its always better the check. Also as you got the DMM out you might as well check he voltage and current (amp's) at the same time.
Also have you chrono'd it yet? Knowing the FPS could help. Another thing to check is what battery are you using? but check your motor isn't done up too tight (big flat head screw at the bottom of the pistol grip). And let me know the readings you get from the DMM and the rest of the info. ;)

Governor

Governor

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

• Guns: VSR-10 (PDI & SDiK)
    VFC M4ES Recon
    A&K M249 Para
    LCT AK104
    Ares AM-016
    TM MK23 SOCOM
    WE P226

Sounds like to me your getting a lot of resistance, you might want to get a DMM and check the resistance when pulling the trigger, this can be a pain to do but its always better the check. Also as you got the DMM out you might as well check he voltage and current (amp's) at the same time.
Also have you chrono'd it yet? Knowing the FPS could help. Another thing to check is what battery are you using? but check your motor isn't done up too tight (big flat head screw at the bottom of the pistol grip). And let me know the readings you get from the DMM and the rest of the info. ;)

320fps, 8.4v 1600 mAh, sorry, what is a DMM :/

bigshep

bigshep

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

• Guns: have: ics cxp, cyma ak tactical, 2x ak beta spetz, owned lots

• Loadouts: Ukranian TTSKO + assault vest, or OD PLCE
dmm = digital multimeter, basically a voltage and resistance tester

Governor

Governor