Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

unexpected FPS readings

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Tristan Orr

Tristan Orr

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
Funny you should say that, My GBBR M14 EBR (Ra-Tech upgraded) should be here next week. But there is a big difference between a GBB and a GBBR. Right now I'm stuck between a M4 GBBR or a Systema :P

Cerbo Knight

Cerbo Knight

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

• Guns: Cyma/TM M14, WA M4, Tanaka M40, VFC Scar-L, WA 1911 Marsoc /w Prime kit, Shuey custom Glock17

• Loadouts: DPM
    OD RAV
With all due respect to PTW owners....

F*** Systema. A GBBR is the only way to go, nothing compares ;)
Ask me about general tech problems, I'm happy to help most of the time ;) I'm decent with AEGs, but my speciality is snipers, that being AEG, spring and gas. I'm quite good with GBBR systems too, WA especially.

Ask me about your Tanaka/KJW bolt action problems!
Here's a link to my M40 takedown guide, works for M700's too!

'No.' - Yotsuba, 47:17

Tristan Orr

Tristan Orr

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
I know this more then anyone dude, it's just GBBR are a pain in the winter. so a AEG back up would be nice. So i thought it would be better just to go for whats, the so called best out there.... Or do I get a G&P?

Cerbo Knight

Cerbo Knight

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

• Guns: Cyma/TM M14, WA M4, Tanaka M40, VFC Scar-L, WA 1911 Marsoc /w Prime kit, Shuey custom Glock17

OD RAV
I've seen the WE M14 EBR perform well in snow, so I doubt there's much need for a backup AEG ;)

But, If you really wanted one I'd say G&P > Systema.

You could spend the extra you save on upgrades, externals and have a vastly superior weapon... with a working charging handle! :D
Ask me about general tech problems, I'm happy to help most of the time ;) I'm decent with AEGs, but my speciality is snipers, that being AEG, spring and gas. I'm quite good with GBBR systems too, WA especially.

Dan_uk86

Dan_uk86

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

• Guns: ICS M4 Custom
i think ill just stick with my m4 for the time being :D be a shame to put so much work into getting it perfect only for it to lay there getting dusty xD
im only a fan of the m14 GBB due to daedalus on Scoutthedoggie youtube vids.

running with a big weapon like that and no doubt heavy. along with a m4 and 2 pistols. i take my hat off to him.

i was huffing and puffing running with the l96 and a mp5 (borrowed)

Tristan Orr

Tristan Orr

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

i think ill just stick with my m4 for the time being :D be a shame to put so much work into getting it perfect only for it to lay there getting dusty xD
im only a fan of the m14 GBB due to daedalus on Scoutthedoggie youtube vids.

running with a big weapon like that and no doubt heavy. along with a m4 and 2 pistols. i take my hat off to him.

i was huffing and puffing running with the l96 and a mp5 (borrowed)

haha, you need to get down the gym more :) I will be doing the same only with out the M4 on my back, just two TM GLock17's :) But I've seen a G&P I really like!

Dan_uk86

Dan_uk86

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

who needs a gym when u have airsoft!
plus ill just do some p90X once ive got over the fact i cant eat my kebabs n pizzas :D

Tristan Orr

Tristan Orr

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
haha, ya I really miss drunken kebabs! and Next morning cold pizza :P GOD! GOOD TIMES!

Cerbo Knight

Cerbo Knight

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

OD RAV
Yeah, it's tough to carry around 3 weapons! Especially when you're as thin as I am...
Had my Tanaka M40, with a heavy barrel set that is.... Really heavy, my AGM M4, and a sidearm too.... Not the smartest skirmish choice I've ever made, but I ran to the back of our fall back point and set the M40 down there. Good tactic, but needed too much preparation (I couldn't put the M40 in position until halfway through the game, so not worth it IMO)

Tristan Orr

Tristan Orr

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
Support weapons are a pain unless thats all you are going to carry, which is unlikely as most sight have semi auto only indoors, so you going to need a side arm. Think I'll stick to me M14 Glocks and a M4 of some short.

Dan_uk86

Dan_uk86

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

ive only ever ran with the said guns. my m4 is pretty much full metal now (upgraded from a two tone src body) with a CASV i might upload a pic later in the pic section
its pretty heavy but the front grip helps alot but cant really say how ill cope with it untill i try. i just hope the fps does not fail on me again last min or worse >.<

Cerbo Knight

Cerbo Knight

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

OD RAV
A Tanaka M40 is a sniper rifle ;D

Not very well known, maybe but it is an M40. Modelled after the M40A1, but not so A1 :)

Tristan Orr

Tristan Orr

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
haha, why did I think the M60...? I know the M40 its on BC2V:P

Liam Porter

Liam Porter

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1368 posts

• Guns: -
    Well MB-01 (L96)
    TM Glock 17
    G&P M16A3 with RIS Kit

• Loadouts: -
    Woodland DPM
    Viper Leg Holster (black)
    Viper LA SF Vest (Black)

• Sites: -
    Free Fire Zone (FFZ)
    Modern Airsoft Warfare (MAW)
    Urban Assault (UA)
My local urban site allows full auto indoors.. 345 AEG limit, no minimum engagement, no knife kills or 'bang' rule either..

Dan_uk86

Dan_uk86

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

My local urban site allows full auto indoors.. 345 AEG limit, no minimum engagement, no knife kills or 'bang' rule either..

one of the local sites to me ntac on my first day.... first time playing free for all CQB. i get shot in the head 3 times! with in 20 meters (one shot being less than 10)
some sites should enforce the "bang" rule though. i felt guilty for shooting someone in the nuts :(

Tristan Orr

Tristan Orr

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
ok, that almost as bad as the guy out in the far east playing 500FPS full auto gun, in the jungle!

Liam Porter

Liam Porter

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1368 posts

• Guns: -
    Well MB-01 (L96)
    TM Glock 17
    G&P M16A3 with RIS Kit

• Loadouts: -
    Woodland DPM
    Viper Leg Holster (black)
    Viper LA SF Vest (Black)

• Sites: -
    Free Fire Zone (FFZ)
    Modern Airsoft Warfare (MAW)
    Urban Assault (UA)
I don't like the bang rule, if you get the drop on someone, be kind and aim for the leg or something.

I know how you feel being shot in the head.. was laying down in a room, an MP5 sticks round the corner - full auto in my head at about 10m range, probably less.
Every single skirmish I've been to, I've been shot in the forehead and it's left a huge bump, apart from my most recent one. My head's like a BB magnet :P

Dan_uk86

Dan_uk86

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

so lets make this thread alittle more interesting :D

lets hear everyones most painful hits, mine obviously being shot at close range to my cheek bone and twice on my fore head.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
@ tristan, you do know a g39's bolt will lock back in -10, there is literally no need for aegs anymore :P
I'll be picking one up soon that for sure :P

Tristan Orr

Tristan Orr

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
mine was a shot to the nuts at about 2m with a 500FPS sniper rifle, I has to sit the next 3games out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users