Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

right then, speed of light

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
As im sure most of you will have heard one way or another, that the speed of light has been broken by neutrino's from cern in Switzerland to Italy.
Obviously there needs to be rechecks and tests etc to find out the validity of the results which will happen i in due course.

I think one of the main things is that people don't understand the significance of it if it did happen. Einsteins work will be wrong and it'll disprove everything we think we know.

What do people think about this, do you think its possible or not. Of course there is a huge chance of a mistake pt something but what do.you guys think?

TPI

TPI

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

• Loadouts: GroundBreaker

• Sites: Highland Tactical Airsoft
I think its good we now know that even einstein could have made a mistake but maybe its bad as we could descend into anarchy because it challenges everything we have ever defined against the speed of light

I'm Craig, God's Boss!
FeedBack

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
I doubt that they are faster. If they are proven to be faster, how can we be sure the figure we have for light is correct?

Nex

Nex

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

• Guns: TSD G36K~22rps
    G&P Defender~38rps

• Loadouts: Standard Vietnam style US Woodland, OD green, Black, A-TACS.

T.A.G. gear all the way!
I have my doubts about them being faster.
"Droll thing life is-that mysterious arrangement of merciless logic for a futile purpose. The most you can hope from it is some knowledge of yourself-that comes too late-a crop of unextinguishable regrets."- Heart of Darkness

KWA sucks, do yourself a favor and invest in a G&P.

Flynn567

Flynn567

AF-UK Veteran

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

• Guns: JG G36C
    JG G36E
    SA1

• Loadouts: Pantac Wasatch
    AF-UK Patch
    Safari Digger Hat
    DPM Camo

• Sites: POW Airsoft
As unlikely as this is i'm not surprised by this. There's a reason why we call it theoretical physics we dont know jack we just think we do. Only so much of what we so call know to be true ether can't be tested yet or can only be tested so far

Here are some things we only found out in the last 10 to 20 year

There is a big ass black hole at the center of are galaxy

There maybe more than 10 times as many earth like planets as we believed

There is water on the moon

And kennedy was not killed by a magic bullet it was just a bad understanding of the Crime Scene

One of my favorite things is when i'm watching astronomy documentary and thay use the words "the laws of physics cease to apply" F*** YOU the laws of physics dont just fail its are undersenting of the laws that fails, when it come to the laws of physics I like to compare us to lawyers with art degrees we still have some way to go, Lets face it the human race is still in its infancy it wasn't that long ago we all knew for a fact the world was flat

If its confirmed it will be an important step forward in our understanding of the universe, Yes this will lead to a rethink on what we take as facts but that's all part of science

ITS PARTY TIME because we as a people are not a ignorant as we were yesterday :) lets have a we broke the lightspeed barrier skirmish the teams are neutrinos and antineutrinos
Demons run when a good man goes to war

TPI

TPI

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

• Loadouts: GroundBreaker

• Sites: Highland Tactical Airsoft
Guys my maths capeabilites are reflected in my grades and the fact ask me to count to 50 and ill forget what come after 31! Unless it concerns money of course

I'm Craig, God's Boss!
FeedBack

Da_sheriff

Da_sheriff

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

• Guns: G&G GR16 blowback with Umarex acog

• Loadouts: BDU/black, viper assault vest and gloves
Time=Speed of light.

In theory if you were to move faster then light you would catch up with Old and aged Light and would then be able to view the past.

Also you could not observe soemthing that moves faster then light, as we should all know, the second you observe something the route in which it takes will change.

Besides although Einstein had a lot of sound theorys, there was many which he deemed nonsense which he was proven wrong, Matrix mechanics for example.

Posted Image

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
I agree with dev and nex, I doubt it, there ea probably a degree of human error or other variables.
However, it would be interesting if it is- the next 1+ years will be interesting.

I think the best we can do is wait for tests from cern and hopefully from other facilities who could do the same tests

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users