Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Warhammer 40k

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Any squats?

TPI

TPI

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

• Loadouts: GroundBreaker

• Sites: Highland Tactical Airsoft
Lol i just looked at space marine armies on youtube im defo just painting lol

I'm Craig, God's Boss!
FeedBack

Black

Black

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

I'd prefer it if GW stopped trying to re invent "cannon" every couple of years.

This confused me when I got back into gaming after a looong time out. The core stuff is pretty much unchanged, but they ham-up every codex that comes out now. :rolleyes:

I still game fairly regularly but the paintiing and modelling has taken over most of the hobby time these days. Much more personally rewarding, and easier to find the time for too.

Hubert

Hubert

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

• Guns: Currently playing with:
    Walther PPK & P99 with suppressor, SIG-Sauer P228
    W.E. L85 & SUSAT

• Loadouts: FBI/ NYPD Detective.
    Generic soldier 2007+
5 words.
Mat Ward and Robbin Cruddance.
Blood Angels bro-fisting necrons! Ultramarines are teh greetest!1!11!!!! :rolleyes:

Those 2 people are the reason why I've stopped playing 5th edition, and have bought 2nd edition book on eBay.

40K was never 'grim dark'. It wa satire, and a parody of 'grim-dark' sci-fi.
Case in point:
Ghazgul Thrakka, pillager of the Northern Industrial region. Full name (Ghazgul) Mag-Urk Thrakka....

The boys at Forge World still know how to write for 40K. Badab War books are excellent. As are the RPGs Fantasy Flight released.
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt: run in little circles, wave your arms and shout
- Parody of the Litany of Command, popular with Commissar cadets.

Finius

Finius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
To be honest, the fluff doesnt really bother me too much, it's only important in terms of how I theme my armies.

I like to mix it up a bit, armies like the orks are just satire-in-green, they really are, I just love converting them to make them look insane in the membrane.

My Black Templars just look awesome. They're meant to be religious fanatics, and they really do look the part (one of my squad leaders has ten purity seals on him), it's great, the idea of an army of hyper-technologically advanced church-nuts really appeals to me, you can just take it to extremes.

Modelling is one of those things where you make it your own, there is no right or wrong, is basically my point.

Still working on pictures of my black reach lot.

Putting together a design for an apocalypse conversion atm. I've been toying with the idea of getting a landraider, gutting it and turning it into a mobile Librarian, to a degree.

-Make it open top, section off the front to make a drivers cabin.
-Replace the front hatch and bolters with flamers and a melta.
-Replace the side hatches and turrets with something resembling stasis pods with daemonhosts in.
-Add LEDs to the pods, make them all glowy.
-Deck out the internal section that's open top with books, a table and stuff, with room for two psykers.
-Add a raised deck to the rear, extending over the open-top area, with some controls, a speaker tower, a desk with a huge book on and a librarian reading from it.
-Cover it in purity seals, scrolls etc.

Play it as a souped up psychic beacon, essentially, give it access to a ton of imperial psychic abilities, multiple per turn and just let it loose, maybe give it one ability for each crew daemonhost (the librarian kinda preaches from his little tower and compels them to do his bidding or some rubbish)...

Might be useless to play with, but will look very religious-nut...

Finius

Finius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
Posted Image

My ork warboss - last thing I had a proper go at, mostly represents my best painting skills, would like to improve enough to commission paint eventually but think I'm a long way off! Not sure how to base him, will decide once Ive done the remaining black reach orks :)

Hubert

Hubert

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

W.E. L85 & SUSAT

Generic soldier 2007+
Nice, I like it :)
Like the skin, not lime green like a lot of orks I've seen! Sand for the base perhaps?

Here's my WIP photos of my latest project. Someone put up some tutorials for how to paint battle-damaged Imperial Fists, so I thought I'd have a go. Still WIP, but quick to paint.

And also - for my Dark Heresy/Inq28mm project, a 'true-scale'. The techmarine's legs have been completely re-sculpted. Not sure how to base him, thinking industrial or space-hulk
They're taking longer than planned, nearly finished though.

Attached Files

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt: run in little circles, wave your arms and shout

Finius

Finius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
Those look bloody awesome! Will get some photos of my marines up once they're finished...They look rubbish though tbh :/

Finius

Finius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
So I've been wiling away at my army for some time now, and unfortunately due to the nature of student living, it's been packed away for the best part of a month and unfortunately, there was some damage, whilst taking the time to assess the situation (mostly gluing heads back on, few snapped swords, nothing some green stuff, superglue and a repaint won't fix), I decided to inventory my Black Templars force.

This is an apocalypse force, and is structured/insane as such.

Command Squad:
StormLord Superheavy Tank; Yarrick's Gift w/ extra armor.
-Grimaldus & Retinue
-Helbrecht & Retinue
-Techmarine
-10 Marine Command Squad
-Force Commander/Marshal

Additional HQ:
-Emperors Champion

Elites:
-Techmarine & Servitors (riding along in the StormLord as a detached squad, because this is Apoc and that's how we roll).
-Dreadnaught
-5 Sword Bretheren
-5 Terminators

Fast Attack:
-Bike Squad (4 normal, 1 attack)
-Land Speeder Typhoon
-5 Jump Marines

Troops:
-10 Normal Marines (Rhino transport)
-5 Normal Marines

Heavy Support:
-Landraider

Codex Detachments ("Donations" from other codices sent to "help out"):
-Blood Angels Stormraven w/ 5 Death Company & Chaplain
-5 Dark Angels Veterans w/ Librarian

It's shaping up to be a pretty scary force, the guys at my local store certainly don't like facing off to the StormLord and the squad within (so far I've fielded just that against 1500pt tyranids, tau, orks and eldar and come away pretty much unscathed).

Next up will be:
-Sisters of battle Repentia & an immolator
-Space Wolf wolves and cavalry!
-Basilisks/Manticores
-Grey Knights
-More Templar troops
-Stormtalon Gunships (these will be the Ultramarine donation)
-More bikes (Ravenwing and White Scars donations)
-Some sort of scary forgeworld thingy

*Each "donation" squad will also be fielding a command unit from the respective army - the idea I'm going for is that Helbrecht is facing off against something nasty and has been given a number of extra units from other codices or areas of the imperium in order to demonstrate his prowess as a mentor. And the forgeworld thingy? Well that's going the way of Grimaldus; he wanted it so he took it, whether or not he was really allowed it.

:D

kungfumonkey

kungfumonkey

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

• Guns: currently hire gunner (until ukara is sorted again)

• Loadouts: various odds and sods i managed to save from the ex's clear out of my gear

• Sites: first and only (the tower)
used to paint and convert back in the day never got into the table top side of things may have to pick a box of marines up and see how pants i have become lol

Say hello to Alexandria, but be careful she bites

Cyrax

Cyrax

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

• Guns: TM G36C
    TM M16 A2
    TM Sig 552
    TM G-Spec
    KJW P226
I feel I should just add that yesterday I did a bit of target shooting with the damaged parts of my Tau Army. They have been in poor storage for a good few years, and there were many casualties.

Befitting the fact they are a ranged army, I set the broken ones up at the end of the garden and preceded to obliterate them with an air rifle. The troops were very hard to hit, the battle suits, not so much. Good times.

Its slightly depressing shooting a 15 model, but hey ho.

Finius

Finius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
Should have sent them my way! I've got some tau that need bulking out xD

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

• Guns: WE L85A2
    WE Glock 17 Gen4

• Loadouts: Contemporary British Army,
    Light weight belt set up,
    CBA Loadout (Jeans, hoody etc.)

• Sites: Regular site: Skirmish Airsoft, Mansfield.
    Visited: The Stan, Anzio, The Asylum, Brit-Tac Woodland, Tac-House, Free Fire Zone, Welbeck Academy, the list grows.
    See my YouTube channel for footage.
I think little models of this sort make the best air rifle targets ever, their strange, brittle, puny (metal? I can't remember) bodies just explode into a billion pieces if you hit them right.

Crazybones are another thing that make awesome targets - Shame they're too small to be able to hit them at range with an airsoft gun though, my air rifle's seen better days, i.e. the ones before it was 6+ years old and knackered.

Need AEG parts? Click here >> Major Airsoft! << Discount code Bullet4MyEnemy for 10% off. 

Find me on YouTube: Bullet4MyEnemy
forumfinal_zps326d20e3.jpg

Airsoft News & Review site: www.AirsoftOperator.com

Tariq

Tariq

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1179 posts

• Guns: WE HK416
    WE G36C
    Umarex G36V
    TM SPAS-12
    KWA ATP
    KWA P226 PTP
    Dan Wesson 6" Chrome

• Loadouts: Vegetato BDU
    Black Mesa Security Force

• Sites: The Grange, Warminster Airsoft, Anywhere.
Why have i never seen this thread XD Will dig my marines out tomorrow :P

Yeah they do make good targets. Also once got a driver out and smashed some up. twas good fun :P

Finius

Finius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
So I did some digging out of everything I've got...

Got the Black Templars listed above, a total of 1000pts Dark Angels, 1500pts Blood angels, 500pts Orks, 500pts Necrons and 1500pts Tau...

I have too much of this stuff >.<

Tariq

Tariq

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1179 posts

• Guns: WE HK416
    WE G36C
    Umarex G36V
    TM SPAS-12
    KWA ATP
    KWA P226 PTP
    Dan Wesson 6" Chrome

• Loadouts: Vegetato BDU
    Black Mesa Security Force

• Sites: The Grange, Warminster Airsoft, Anywhere.
Just a bit. I only have around 2000pt Space Marines

joshcowin

joshcowin

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1147 posts

• Guns: we scar h aeg

• Loadouts: fbi type load out

• Sites: Maw,gfa
i used to play 40k with the imperial guards but paint them desert,i had a command squad,12 kaskrin elites,100 shock troops,2 snipers,2 heavy weapon squads,3 basilisk tanks,10 leman russ (tank company),3 baneblades and a mars warhound titan with imperial guard bits on.

i like my guns how i like my women,loud
My ops are so black not even i can see them

All the guns ive owned:uhc w700,src g36c,kwa 1911a1,g&g gr-16,Tm l96 aws,g&g cm-16,ics m16a3,ics m16 ras dmr,we glock 17,we scar l cqc, Ares aw338,

sr-25,we scar h aeg

Finius

Finius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
You sir, definitely have too much money :P

Finius

Finius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
Thought I'd get a few more photos of the bits I've been painting up!

First, a new Black Reach Warboss, I sold the last one at a profit:
Posted Image

Templars Sword Brother:
Posted Image

Grimaldus and one of his servitors:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Emperors Champion:
Posted Image

Company Marshal:
Posted Image

Random Company Champion:
Posted Image

Dark Angels Veteran:
Posted Image

Dark Angels Librarian:
Posted Image

Hubert

Hubert

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

W.E. L85 & SUSAT

Generic soldier 2007+
Loving Grimaldus and the DA Librarian :)

So, the new 6th Edition starter set, Dark Vengence came out t'other weekend. Anyone else pick it up? It's bloody nice. Really, really insane amount of detail on everything.
Unfortunately, I now want to start a Chaos army. Bugger...

Also, does anyone play Dawn of War 2? Want to team up? If you do, message me on Steam - Huberticus (but say you're from AFUK).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users