Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What should I get ?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Lt94DP

Lt94DP

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

• Guns: none

• Loadouts: none
Basically I'm looking for any pointers towards getting a decent primary weapon that can be used as a long range weapon as well as being a C.Q.B weapon. Also recommendations of any decent sights and upgrades will be appreciated. I'm also looking for a decent back-up weapon like a machine pistol/ micro machine gun or pistol. Any insight into future investments would be greatly appreciated ! Ich danke Ihnen sehr meine Mitkampfer! Konnen sie ihre runden fliegen gerade und wahr ! sorry for the last bit, got a little bored so I put some saying through a translater :L but again any help will be appreciated guys :D
"Arm yourselves, and be ye men of valor, and be in readiness for the conflict; for it is better for us to perish in battle than to look upon the outrage of our nation and our altar."
- Prime Minister Winston Churchill

bigshep

bigshep

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

• Guns: have: ics cxp, cyma ak tactical, 2x ak beta spetz, owned lots

• Loadouts: Ukranian TTSKO + assault vest, or OD PLCE
OK, here we go again:

1: what type of gun style do YOU like? Ak, M4, G36, bullpups etc
2: BUDGET, how much you got to spend, you will need anywhere from £130-1000 for a gun dependent upon what YOU want
3: Difference between CCB and woodland sites is normally FPS, most CCb sites run around 300-330fps and most woodland run 350fps. In this case you want a easily swapable spring or gearbox.
4: Upgrades depend upon budget and skill/experience on working on AEG's.

IF YOU CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO TYPE WHY SHOULD WE BE BOTHERED TO ANSWER?

So think a bit more and we can then give you a few better pointers.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Seeing as were doing foreign languages.
Wenn Sie uns nicht helfen, können wir dir nicht helfen.
:rolleyes:

Lt94DP

Lt94DP

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

• Guns: none

• Loadouts: none
Okay calm down for a second. All I meant was what gun in general would you recommend. I'm not asking for you to lose the rag and bring out a massive broken down list of equipment. I only meant could you recommend something you have used before in the past, be it your own personal weapon or something you've just rented or borrowed. Plus any attachments that you would recommend for said gun would be appreciated. Furthermore any insight into secondary/backup weapons would be appreciated also. And to answer your question if your still not getting it, I don't have a preference. If it is accurate, has a decent rate of fire and basically an all round good gun and you'd recommend it then I will happily look it up.
"Arm yourselves, and be ye men of valor, and be in readiness for the conflict; for it is better for us to perish in battle than to look upon the outrage of our nation and our altar."
- Prime Minister Winston Churchill

TPI

TPI

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

• Loadouts: GroundBreaker

• Sites: Highland Tactical Airsoft
Im sure i posted in the thread before unless im getting alimas or however you spell it all though i should know as both my sisters are regional managers for the homes of th disabled like that but then im only 18 so it cant be are you mods having a giraffe?and i suggest the best all rounders are G36C's although i personally hate the look of them

I'm Craig, God's Boss!
FeedBack

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Systema ptw.
Inokatsu super version 2011

TPI

TPI

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

• Loadouts: GroundBreaker

• Sites: Highland Tactical Airsoft
Lol double post theirs alot of that going about marksman

I'm Craig, God's Boss!
FeedBack

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Well I highly recommend them so fair enough.

Here's some more
Systema tw-5
Craft Apple works m134
Ares tar 21
Hurricane Shrike
Hurricane m82
Ares dsr1
Ares m200
Ares wind runner
Ares msr-009
Ares m82
Any Sun project gun.
Asahi bushmaster m17s
Asahi m40

Cam-the-airsoft-sniper

Cam-the-airsoft-sniper

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

• Guns: G&G GR16
    A Russian Gun (Find out soon!)

• Loadouts: DPM, Viper tactical assult vesst, viper leg holster. Stuff

Well I highly recommend them so fair enough.

Here's some more
Systema tw-5
Craft Apple works m134
Ares tar 21
Hurricane Shrike
Hurricane m82
Ares dsr1
Ares m200
Ares wind runner
Ares msr-009
Ares m82
Any Sun project gun.
Asahi bushmaster m17s
Asahi m40

But wait! they are..... oh I see
You! I know you want a AK-47, buy this one: http://www.airsoft-f...showtopic=10182
Call me Red, Texas Red.....
War, War never changes

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Sorry!
Almost forgot, the both elephant guns are brilliant.

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2374 posts
for a decent starter's gun, look at M4's, G36C or G36K's or AK's.
FPS, stick to 328 and you will be fine, not outranged by people who insist on being 1 fps under the limit and not overpowered yourself at CQB sites.
best thing to do at this stage is get to a local site/shop and have a try of a few different weapon types and see what you like, with airsoft you can do anything to the insides to make it work properly, so real;ly It's just external differences between guns.

Ignore the others - they are naming guns upwards of £600 and that are impractical.

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
To be fair, if he doesn't even bother to give even a vague budget, why should we help him?
I mean from the very limited info we do have, I did suggest 1 or two guns that fit the bill :P

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
It's a forum, we're here to help, no matter how often the same questions are asked, we have to put up with it and try to provide a useful answer. Not everyone has necessarily used a forum before so will have no idea of the 'protocol'

To the OP, a budget would be helpful, but really as long as you aren't going to spend less than £100 on something you won't do too bad. If I was you I'd nosey through all the airsoft retailers, pick out a few things you might like, then ask for opinions :) If you go on recommendations only you could never see/hear about something you'd really like.

lilzak96

lilzak96

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

• Guns: jg mp5j (sold)
    ca m15a4

• Loadouts: begadi molle lightweight pc
check out a jg mp5 at novatcombat there really good and reliable

Sean Gale

Sean Gale

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

• Guns: Tokyo Marui FN5-7.
    Tokyo Marui AUG Civi.

• Loadouts: US Marine NYCO Woodland Marpat.
I'm selling a Tokyo Marui FN5-7, very good pistol, long range and very nice recoil.

Check under the gun section if interested! Comes with a holster!

bigshep

bigshep

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

• Guns: have: ics cxp, cyma ak tactical, 2x ak beta spetz, owned lots

• Loadouts: Ukranian TTSKO + assault vest, or OD PLCE
I fail to see where I lost my rag on this, what I provided was a template for you to provide us with more information. There is no point me providing information on AK's which you hate the look of, there is no point in me providing information on support weapons if you want an smg or a sniper. Or giving you a list of £1000 plus guns when you have a £100 budget, or can only buy two tone weapons.

Simples really

have a look here

http://www.airsoftgi.com/news.php shed loads of guns and shed loads of reviews

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users