Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

advice on mesh goggles pls

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

ikarma70

ikarma70

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

• Guns: A&K Dragunov
    Cyma cm030
    G&G cm16 raider
    APS UAR

• Loadouts: various
on that auction site 110684138129

are these any good or just rubbish?

thanks
Me :)

Finius

Finius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
I seriously advise against them, especially for CQB.

They obscure vision a lot, especially bad for honiley, and I've seen some rifles shoot straight through them.

Proper ballistic glasses are, IMHO much better...

ikarma70

ikarma70

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Cyma cm030
    G&G cm16 raider
    APS UAR

I seriously advise against them, especially for CQB.

They obscure vision a lot, especially bad for honiley, and I've seen some rifles shoot straight through them.

Proper ballistic glasses are, IMHO much better...

i already got ESS ice glasses(3 lense kit), got them for a tenner and they aren't fakes, these came from my mate in afghanistan who gets them from the american troops...bargain.

Tristan Orr

Tristan Orr

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
Now this is the most important thing to spend your money on in Airsoft. Nothing beats the safety of your eyes! You only got on pair so look after them!

A real set of ballistic classes are the way froward with a lower mesh cage if you want one, I personally don't use one as its not comfy at all and you can't should the weapon correctly. Which for me as a milsim player is a problem.

Don't save money on glasses get the best you can!

JRixon1

JRixon1

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Get some heroshark mesh goggles

Finius

Finius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
Now, as mesh goes, I CAN vouch for heroshark's stuff. I used to play with him weekly and he uses pretty damned strong mesh.

I'd still go for ballistic rated glasses though. Check out anything by Wiley, they're designed to take STANAG rounds fired into them at point blank from an L85.

Bolle are also pretty good if you need to save some money. They're not STANAG rated, but they'll do against airsoft guns :)

Cameron364

Cameron364

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

• Guns: M4A1
    MEU

• Loadouts: A-Tacs Chest Rig

• Sites: The Grange
I used my Glasses that came with my gun at Honiley on Saturday and they worked fine, got shot bait as well, and they have left no marks, they don't fog up as much as goggles as well

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
Daisy do good googles. They have better protection around the sides unlike some shooting glasses. They also come with 4 alternate lenses.
Saxon Airsoft's Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.c...ft?feature=mhee

ikarma70

ikarma70

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Cyma cm030
    G&G cm16 raider
    APS UAR

mmmmm i like the heroshark goggles and full masks!

bigshep

bigshep

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

• Guns: have: ics cxp, cyma ak tactical, 2x ak beta spetz, owned lots

• Loadouts: Ukranian TTSKO + assault vest, or OD PLCE
Want mesh, go heroshark, nuff said.

I have a pair and they are great, you do loose a little vision in low light situations, but have taken shots tot hem with no issues for the last 18 months. Good straps that hold them still, so no chance of them falling off. Good communications from the gent, so if you want mesh go heroshark.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users