Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Posting RIFs via ParcelForce

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

• Guns: WE L85A2
    WE Glock 17 Gen4

• Loadouts: Contemporary British Army,
    Light weight belt set up,
    CBA Loadout (Jeans, hoody etc.)

• Sites: Regular site: Skirmish Airsoft, Mansfield.
    Visited: The Stan, Anzio, The Asylum, Brit-Tac Woodland, Tac-House, Free Fire Zone, Welbeck Academy, the list grows.
    See my YouTube channel for footage.
So, I'm swapping my gun via the forums and I've never posted a gun before, so I've just been looking on ParcelForce's website and found a page about things they can't send, entitled: "Prohibitions and restrictions".

http://www2.parcelfo...nd-restrictions

Amongst which, shockingly I know, were firearms.
Included in the category list were replicas and toy guns, which I'm sure an airsoft RIF must fall into.

Whenever I've bought a gun in the UK, it's always been ParcelForce that's delivered it though. So can I send via them, or what?

I was thinking of posting via the Postoffice and paying for the Express48 service, which ought to add up to something in the region of 20.
Does anyone advise insuring the parcel? 'Cos it sounds expensive.

The whole faff is kinda putting me off the whole sale, can anyone reassure me?

Need AEG parts? Click here >> Major Airsoft! << Discount code Bullet4MyEnemy for 10% off. 

Find me on YouTube: Bullet4MyEnemy
forumfinal_zps326d20e3.jpg

Airsoft News & Review site: www.AirsoftOperator.com

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Seems a bit pricey. Have you looked at http://www.parcel2go.com/ or similar?

I doubt most people read any of that spiel hence people just use whoever to get things sent, with the view that they won't know. Not that I condone breaking any these companies policies.

Face to face swap is best for many reasons, and if you were going to spend 20 on postage, that'd get you a good amount of fuel.

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

• Guns: WE L85A2
    WE Glock 17 Gen4

• Loadouts: Contemporary British Army,
    Light weight belt set up,
    CBA Loadout (Jeans, hoody etc.)

• Sites: Regular site: Skirmish Airsoft, Mansfield.
    Visited: The Stan, Anzio, The Asylum, Brit-Tac Woodland, Tac-House, Free Fire Zone, Welbeck Academy, the list grows.
    See my YouTube channel for footage.
The fuel thing is a good point, but I've not passed my test yet lol.

Plus, I figure ParcelForce is the best because we're going to post on the same day and send each other the tracking code, so if one doesn't get the other's code, we can recall our parcel.

If there are other companies that can issue a tracking code then I might use them instead, otherwise I'll just cover the massive "WE M16 A3" stamp with the postal address or something lol.

Need AEG parts? Click here >> Major Airsoft! << Discount code Bullet4MyEnemy for 10% off. 

Find me on YouTube: Bullet4MyEnemy
forumfinal_zps326d20e3.jpg

Airsoft News & Review site: www.AirsoftOperator.com

Nutster

Nutster

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1117 posts

• Guns: Primary - ICS L119A1
    Secondary - TM P226
    - KWA G19

• Loadouts: Paraclete SOHPC/belt kit
    Crye UKSF ubacs
    Crye UKSF trousers
    Oakley boots
    Mechanix gloves

• Sites: MAW Melton Mowbray
Wrap the box in a couple of black bin bags, does the trick ;)

How do we get dev to appear, Rub a magic lamp ? :P

20362248004a9c0a9ee9e46.gif

https://instagram.com/hazeldine/

Hubert

Hubert

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

• Guns: Currently playing with:
    Walther PPK & P99 with suppressor, SIG-Sauer P228
    W.E. L85 & SUSAT

• Loadouts: FBI/ NYPD Detective.
    Generic soldier 2007+
I used it to send my my R85 to get fixed. Several Times.
Simple, cover box in brown paper (a few layers) and string, write shop address on the box (they'll usually put a big stamp on anyway with the sort code).

Insuring it? I did. Whilst it may seem a bit pricey, the last thing you want is for it to go 'missing'.
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt: run in little circles, wave your arms and shout
- Parody of the Litany of Command, popular with Commissar cadets.

Wlf

Wlf

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

• Guns: WE kac pdw
    KWA glock 18c
    TM sig550
    Hadron collider
    Inter-continetial ballistic missile

Phone a courier and get more details.
I sent a RIF through interparcel a while back and it never arrived at its destination so they have declared it "lost in the system" and that i should start the claim process, problem is that imitation firearms are on their prohibited items list so i put down something else in the package details bit when booking, so, they now want proof of value and want to see the origional ad for said item which i clearly cant show them as its a RIF so at the moment im 200 down and pretty p****ed off.

Spend a few more quid and find a courier that will deal with it legally incase it all goes tits up.

snuff

snuff

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

The fuel thing is a good point, but I've not passed my test yet lol.

Plus, I figure ParcelForce is the best because we're going to post on the same day and send each other the tracking code, so if one doesn't get the other's code, we can recall our parcel.

If there are other companies that can issue a tracking code then I might use them instead, otherwise I'll just cover the massive "WE M16 A3" stamp with the postal address or something lol.

I always use Hermes which is listed on the parcel to go website which Devastator mentioned,"sporting goods" is the tag I always use,you can track it and ask for a signature..
Recall your parcel?What in transit?Never heard of that..by the time you inform them the other will be at the destination,tracking numbers are not necessarily updated quickly so you might find your tracking number temporarily lost in a "void".... :blink:
Just be sure that the other trader is trustworthy,all sales are trust based anyway but it helps if they are a long standing trusted member...

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts

Phone a courier and get more details.
I sent a RIF through interparcel a while back and it never arrived at its destination so they have declared it "lost in the system" and that i should start the claim process, problem is that imitation firearms are on their prohibited items list so i put down something else in the package details bit when booking, so, they now want proof of value and want to see the origional ad for said item which i clearly cant show them as its a RIF so at the moment im 200 down and pretty p****ed off.

Spend a few more quid and find a courier that will deal with it legally incase it all goes tits up.

Whilst I would never recommend such a thing, couldn't one 'fiddle' it anyway? :P

Wlf

Wlf

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

• Guns: WE kac pdw
    KWA glock 18c
    TM sig550
    Hadron collider
    Inter-continetial ballistic missile

Whilst I would never recommend such a thing, couldn't one 'fiddle' it anyway?

fiddling it sounds so...unprofessional.
Im going with "manipulating the system" :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users