Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Legs aching after games?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Naykon

Naykon

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all,

I've been to 2 airsoft games now which have been awseome! but my legs and arse muscles wreck for days afterwards.

Is there anything I can do to help this? or any advice on how to improve my fitness/muscles to prevent it happening so much? I'd like to go to airsoft regularly but not if it means I walk like i've been bummed for a week afterwards.

Cheers

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Mine used to, now I have a bath as soon as I back from a skirmish, seems to sort out problem ;)

Of course, warming up and stretches probably help too

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2373 posts
something to get used to.

or man up.

or have a bath - manning down ;)

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

lil airsofter

lil airsofter

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

• Guns: vfc scar-l, we svd, ics akS 74U, tm five-seven, ics sig 551, and lots more

• Loadouts: multicam and plce webbing.
you could always try GROWING A PAIR im 12 and i have almost no probs. but seriously the best thing to do is probably run carrying so much weight so you get used to the sensation.
sights are there for a reason, you dont need a bigger battery, you need better eyes.

masadanator

masadanator

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

• Guns: Systema PTW MK18
    Systema PTW HK416
    Marui P226

• Loadouts: AOR 1 devgru kit
    (WIP) US Army CAG multicam kit
    (WIP) USMC MARSOC kit

• Sites: Combat south Woodland (wickham)
    South Coast CQB
    Ironsight
    Sandpit (very rarely)
i used to when i started but once i had been about 4-5 times i got used to it now my feet ache although thats due to shite boots

Naykon

Naykon

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

you could always try GROWING A PAIR im 12 and i have almost no probs.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll try the bath thing straight after games, cheers!

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
You'll get used to it. Try not to crouch or get yourself in awkward positions for too long either :P

Alan82ni

Alan82ni

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

• Guns: Cyma MP5J
Try doing some bodyweight squats but thrust/jump up then add dumbells or kettlebells (small weights first gradually increasing). Make sure to warm up first and down afterwards.

Madball

Madball

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

• Guns: Tm Fam-as SV, trench gun (spinger), Tm Mk23, WE Hi-Capa 4.3, Ak74u spetz naz beta.

• Loadouts: British dpm, french desert british deser dpm, black, Swiss arms vest, webbing etc..
i used to get that really bad at cerberus woodland site due to the low lever pine forrest. could barely walk up stairs or sit on the toilet. a few games after i stopped getting that problem, the ache is just ur muscles repairing themselves and becoming stronger so the problem will go away if you keep at it, just like working out! besides, if you ache alot after airsoft it just means uv put the effort in and played the game they way its ment to be played so good on ya!

Warlord61

Warlord61

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

• Guns: SD700 TSD Tactical Sniper Rifle

• Loadouts: A black hoodie and some shorts...
I get that after standing up all day. Crouching makes the pain leave temporarily; it's lovely. Otherwise, I suppose getting used to it might help. You'd think bloody Duke of Edinborough award would've helped... six hours carrying a weight equivalent to your own body times two up and down hills without any adrenaline, yet still airsoft is an effort... :blink:
There are three kinds of mathematicians in this world; those who can count, and those who can't.

magicaldr

magicaldr

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

• Guns: TM: P90, G3 & MP5
    SRC: G36K
    ASG: Franchi SAS 12

Browning HP
    WE PX4

• Loadouts: 1980's British Special Forces
    5.11 Tactical / Black CQB / SO19
    Tiger Stripe

• Sites: Airsoft Adventures: Chobham
    Tactical Warfare Airsoft: Croydon
I got the same, then again I get same when i go sailing or indeed anything after a longish gap. Airsoft uses muscles in ways nothing else seems to, sure it will get better with time :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users