Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How you hold you aeg

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2374 posts
you may do now because the mags arent great, but you have ALWAYS held pistols like that. and said 'genrade'.

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

The Leprechaun!

The Leprechaun!

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

• Guns: KWA M4A1 RIS
    WE XDM
    KJW Glock 19

• Loadouts: FG A-TACS (UBACS and Gen III style trousers)
    OD RICAS Compact
    (Plus DPM and UCP)

• Sites: HALO MILL
Yeah, i like holding like that, its comfortable and works for me...

Deal with it... B)

Madball

Madball

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

• Guns: Tm Fam-as SV, trench gun (spinger), Tm Mk23, WE Hi-Capa 4.3, Ak74u spetz naz beta.

• Loadouts: British dpm, french desert british deser dpm, black, Swiss arms vest, webbing etc..
only one that really bugs me is the one with the stock hovering above the shoulder, watch 3 guys do that at the mall while clearing a room. all dressed like us marines in brand new mulitcam and bump helmets. yeah their gear looked nice but they cleared a huge room one behind the other. you can tell a seasoned airsofter to a cod softer a mile off

craig

craig

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

• Guns: SA80 A2 AG36
    Fn Minimi
    custom built "M4A2"
    P226R

• Loadouts: DPM, Flecktarn, every so often MTP

• Sites: basicly if i can find a site near were im at ill go
yeah one shouts breaching breaching the other pops a grenade in

if i hide maybe the stupid people will go away
I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest

Hubert

Hubert

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

• Guns: Currently playing with:
    Walther PPK & P99 with suppressor, SIG-Sauer P228
    W.E. L85 & SUSAT

• Loadouts: FBI/ NYPD Detective.
    Generic soldier 2007+
@Matt, I agree completely with the "I have a foregrip, but I think I'll hold the magwell instead". Just use the damn thing!

Anyway, right hand on the pistol grip, left hand on the handguard supporting the weight. Oh, and arms down by my hips, so I can run forwards and shoot like Rambo. Cos if it works in the movies, its gotta work in real life, right?

Actually, unless I'm firing from a static position and using the rear grip (left arm folded infront of the chest, hand firmly on the grip), I have it shouldered as SA80 types are meant to be ("the proper way"). Finger is always hovering above the safety bar, ready for the moment I actually need to go from 'boring' to 'shooty'. Will admit that for comfort or practical reasons my elbow moves around a fair bit, just because after 8 hours, 15lbs of steel can get a bit heavy.
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt: run in little circles, wave your arms and shout
- Parody of the Litany of Command, popular with Commissar cadets.

Mitchell Gee

Mitchell Gee

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

• Guns: VFC Mk.16 (SCAR-L)
    G&G GR16 (M4)
    HFC HG-185 (Glock 17)

• Loadouts: S95 BDU's
    5.11 VTAC Vest
    Hi-tech Fiftypeaks boots
after 8 hours... 15lbs of feathers can also get a bit heavy...

I hold my gun 'the proper way' as you guys have dubbed it... unless im laying down, then i tend to do a little chicken wingin' to get stable... I use a foregrip and I do use it... but not like most do... magpul dynamics style (bottom half of hand on grip, rest on the rail or rail cover) very stable indeed :) pistol I guess I must be holding correctly... as a police firearms instructor showed me :) dominant hand on grip, with the fleshy but between your index finger and thumb pressed firmly against the top bit :P with your left hand joined like i jigsaw with the right one with the right (or left, depending on your dominant hand) above the other...
Formally 'BatHat'

I skirmish around the Reading to Watford area, Mainly Red 1 Skirmish and The Mall, PM me if you skirmish there :)

magicaldr

magicaldr

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

• Guns: TM: P90, G3 & MP5
    SRC: G36K
    ASG: Franchi SAS 12

Browning HP
    WE PX4

• Loadouts: 1980's British Special Forces
    5.11 Tactical / Black CQB / SO19
    Tiger Stripe

• Sites: Airsoft Adventures: Chobham
    Tactical Warfare Airsoft: Croydon
Well for the newer airsofter (like me) found this on u-tube from redwolf re stances and grips :)

Tactical Episode 03 - "11 Things You Should Know About Stances and Grips"

Da_sheriff

Da_sheriff

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

• Guns: G&G GR16 blowback with Umarex acog

• Loadouts: BDU/black, viper assault vest and gloves
i have the egyptian grip....aka where my left elbow is directly under the gun and and my hand is open, and just supporting the weight.

And my stance is always a cross body draw,

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users