Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Upgrade Help?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

GAV2084

GAV2084

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

• Guns: M4A1 (Classic Army)
    SA80 A2 (ICS) LA85

• Loadouts: British DPM. Black Patrol Boots. Knee Pads. Tact Belt. DPM Mag Pouches.
Picked up an ICS LA85 2nd hand.

Cronos at 300fps, spring guide is set to max (400fps supposedly) with a 9.6v bat.
Clearly it needs some work doing to it, should be getting more FPS out of it and can also tell from the drop in range... But I am no tech so I need some advice please...

To me it sounds like the spring needs changing... What is the best upgraded spring I can get to fit? Don't wanna just replace parts with like for like default factory parts, I wanna stick the best in there.

Also what other parts can I upgrade and what too?

Provided URL links would be much apperciated.

Cheers!

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2374 posts
you can upgrade the spring without opening it up at all.

get to the spring change bit, go to change the spring but instead of changing it, pull it out the back, take a new M110 spring and put it back in. Job's a good'un.

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

craig

craig

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

• Guns: SA80 A2 AG36
    Fn Minimi
    custom built "M4A2"
    P226R

• Loadouts: DPM, Flecktarn, every so often MTP

• Sites: basicly if i can find a site near were im at ill go